1. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

Make your Red Sox-Rays predictions

[Quote] RAYS IN 6....NOTHING TO DO WITH MANNY ...BUT PLENTY TO DO WITH FRANCONA[/Quote] You're right. What happens whenever he manages the Sox in the ALCS?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazildj. Show brazildj's posts

I'm of two minds on this.

Logically, I think it's Sox in 7. These are two very, very closely matched teams.

But on the other extreme, a sweep by the Sox in 4 wouldn't surprise me. We just put away a team that OWNED us in the regular season. Our regular season record with the Rays is much closer than that. And the Sox in October are the Sox in October -- not the same as the Sox the rest of the year.

The Rays are young, hungry, but inexperienced at this level. That tends to come out when things get elevated to this point. Question is, will it come out now, or will it come out if they get past us and reach the NEXT level?

Whatever way it turns out, it'll be a hell of a week or two of baseball. I can't wait.

(Sorry for the ultimate in wishy-washy predicting. I think basically you can't predict, but I understand it's something sports fans feel compelled to do -- and to brag about it when they get it right, although most of the time, getting it right in these things is often no more than sheer coincidence and dumb luck.)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Compsurfah. Show Compsurfah's posts

I say Sox in Five... Bring on LA (i.e. the Red Sox "West")

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

Game 1...Rays
    Game 2...Rays
    Game 3...Sox
    Game 4...Rays
    Game 5...Rays They take series 4-1 Pitching and their strong relief hold
    down Sox bats. After Papelbon, Sox have NO relief !!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from discrad6. Show discrad6's posts

Sox take the series in 7 games. If the Red Sox can win game 1, that will be so huge!!

Pedroia will be the determining factor for the offense.

GO SOX!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ufcchamp. Show ufcchamp's posts

If Dicey wins game one it's a huge blow to the Rays...then they get Beckett and Lester...yiiiiikes. If that does happen then Sox take those first 3, Rays get game 4, Sox get 5.....So Sox in 5.
    If Rays get game 1 then it goes 7.....SOX.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ufcchamp. Show ufcchamp's posts

After Papelbon, Sox have NO relief !! marstan

You may want to look up messieurs Delcarmen, Okajima, Masterson and Lopez. Somewhere along the way it became fashionable to say they suck, but look at their stats.....not too shabby.
    3 Sox relievers have a better ERA than the Rays "closer", 1 has an ERA just 0.04 higher, and one just 0.15 higher. If that constitutes NO relief, then I'll take my chances with NO relief.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Murph33. Show Murph33's posts

Sox in 5. Nuf Said!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxWacko. Show RedSoxWacko's posts

Red Sox in seven.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[Quote]

Rays in 6. There's a new beast in the east. You've had yours, now move over. Bandwagon Nation can't see the writing on the wall. What's with the "C" on Varitek's jersey. No other MLB team does that. This isn't the NHL. Very bush league for a storied major league franchise.

[/Quote]

Other teams do it too. Most recently Mike Sweeny wearing it for KC.

Sox in either 5 or 6. The Rays only have two starters you need to worried about Shields and Sonnastine. Kazmir is hurt and even when healthy Boston has fared fairly well against him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from billyam1. Show billyam1's posts

Red Sox in 6!! Somebody cleaned Maddon's shoes and wiped the dogs**t off

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from billyam1. Show billyam1's posts

Red Sox in 6. The dog s**t came off Maddon's shoe!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mahones17. Show Mahones17's posts

Sox in 7.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lbatlle. Show lbatlle's posts

Sox in 6. We split the first two and go back to Tampa up 3-2. We finish them in 6 rather than risk a final game 7. Game 6 is where experience (sox) and too much pressure (tampa) will take over. Of course if Beckett is injured tampa wins.
    This is now a team of "destiny" which means that they are so sure of themselves and so experienced that they can overcome any obstacle. Like the Patriots of 2005.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Heff-17. Show Heff-17's posts

[Quote]Rays Fan Here.

Based on the way the Rays and Sox have played against each other so far, there will not be a sweep, and this will not go 5 games either way.

So here is how I figure out the chances:

4-2 Red Sox 20%
    4-3 Red Sox 35%
    4-3 Rays 25%
    4-2 Rays 20%

100% chance that a Steinbrenner craps his pants about the ALCS.

The Sox have the edge because they are the champs and you have to knock the champs out.

Either way, the ALCS winner will win it all.[/Quote]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Heff-17. Show Heff-17's posts

[Quote]Rays Fan Here.

Based on the way the Rays and Sox have played against each other so far, there will not be a sweep, and this will not go 5 games either way.

4-2 Red Sox 20%
    4-3 Red Sox 35%
    4-3 Rays 25%
    4-2 Rays 20%

The Sox have the edge because they are the champs and you have to knock the champs out.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Heff-17. Show Heff-17's posts

[Quote]Rays Fan Here.

4-2 Red Sox 20%
    4-3 Red Sox 35%
    4-3 Rays 25%
    4-2 Rays 20%

true about ol' steiny sh*ting his pants lol

I'm liking whoever wins game 2. If Beckett doesn't show up to that game and we lose, we're done. But if he wins, and becomes once again the pitcher he was last year, this series will be ours easily.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pjdsox. Show pjdsox's posts

Rays in 6. There's a new beast in the east. You've had yours, now move over. Bandwagon Nation can't see the writing on the wall. What's with the "C" on Varitek's jersey. No other MLB team does that. This isn't the NHL. Very bush league for a storied major league franchise.

Hahahahahaha!!!! A Tampa fan calling the Sox bush. GIVE. ME. A. BREAK. Go jump off a catwalk. Try to avoid the 13,000 in attendance.

Sections
Shortcuts