1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shersey. Show shersey's posts

Manny and Youk -- what the Eff was THAT???

Only thing i can think is that Youk might have said something about how Manny can run the bases but can't play the field, and Manny got ticked off.  Can't imagine Youk saying that, but have to admit I could imagine Manny making a few too many jokes about Youk having to play outfield.  Still, absolutely bizarre that it came to that!

Weird. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shersey. Show shersey's posts

True - that's why we love him - he's gotta be one of the most intense dudes in baseball. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DennisLamp. Show DennisLamp's posts

What exactly happened?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firefligh. Show Firefligh's posts

[Quote]Shoving (at a minimum) in the dugout, and had to be forcibly separated. 

[/Quote]

NESN showed the film a few times- in the dugout Youk said something to Manny as he passed him and then Manny  turned back and belted him.Twice.  I don't think Youk got in more than a shove, if that. He looked absolutely shocked after, so my uneducated guess was 24 misunderstood whatever the comment was. Imo Manny was 'wrong', whatever was said.

Before that, if anyone noticed, when Manny came to bat his turn after the brawl, he was absolutely furious. I never saw 24 so ticked off - about what exactly, who knows. After Coco was ejected, Manny kept going down the stairs of the dugout into the lockeroom. He was on a short fuse...that was clear to all Manny Watchers. 

Any speculation about what it was over is specious - these are two GOOD guys who, as Tito said, let the testosterone build up a little too much. NO big deal. 24 haters will now commence imaging all sorts of Youk attacks on supposedly 'fake' injuries, and those who fancy Youk 'annoying' will wax just as silly.

We'll never know what was said, misheard, misinterpreted, etc, and it's none of our darn business anyway. Personally i think MR is a bit  stressed over Papi's injury - he's put that '34' on his batting helmet and even more pressure on his own shoulders to 'hit for Papi too, so I'm not surprised he lost it tonite.

We're lucky to have both players on this team, and altho net nerds who hold cyber grudges won't be able to fathom two men  coming to blows being able to get beyond it, that is most certainly exactly what will happen. Brothers whack each other at times and get over it. Fast.

A shout out to my favorite welterwight - Coco Crisp, way to duck a roundhouse, baby, and  come back with a quick pointed jab. :) Jolly good show!

Payback now due v Farnsworth AND that cowardly duo of Gomes and Crawford pummelling Coco like that on the bottom of the pile...Manny and Youk - save it up for those clowns.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MSix. Show MSix's posts

Argh, I had a final tonight and missed the game. Figures it'd be an interesting one.

Looks like the boards here are working better again.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Back_Bay_Bobo. Show Back_Bay_Bobo's posts

i didn't believe it until now but I heard there has been an on going feud between Manny and Youk since Japan

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac28. Show pinstripezac28's posts

[Quote]Or to be more precise: "Ain't...  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gefduc05QTw[/Quote]

greetings alpdhuez,

I liked the zevon link

I think we have one of those rare examples

where something might not be pretty

but sure was beautiful  ;-)

well at least from where I'm sitting

be happy no one got hurt 

last night was bizarre enough you didn't need to lose

your HOF 
    like we did when goose punched back up

catcher cliff johnston, it cost us big time

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DADDYOBOB. Show DADDYOBOB's posts

[Quote]i didn't believe it until now but I heard there has been an on going feud between Manny and Youk since Japan[/Quote]

I heard this rumor, too.  But I know the source wasn't really credible.  ;-)