1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tedyaz2. Show tedyaz2's posts

Manny is Laughing at Theo

Manny says " Jason Bay ain't no Manny"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

I agree with you about Manny laughing, but I would bet you he has no idea who he's laughing at !! I'm guessing it's more like Ole Frank in LA who did wind up bidding against himself in the long run !!

GO SOX 2009 !!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mudbugger. Show mudbugger's posts

That's right.

Bay is ten times a better person than Manny can ever dream of.

Atleast Bay won't quit on his team mates like manny did twice (2006 and 2008).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tommiller4025. Show tommiller4025's posts

Who really cares?? Manny is with the Dodgers and we have Bay - live with it. It's just baseball!! Besides Bay is not a quitter.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tedyaz2. Show tedyaz2's posts

[Quote]Who really cares?? Manny is with the Dodgers and we have Bay - live with it. It's just baseball!! Besides Bay is not a quitter.[/Quote]

He is not a hitter also

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Did anyone see Bay back up 3rd an a throw from RF last year? I don't think Manny knows what it means to back up a play?????
    He does know how to pull a ball from his A$$ as we all saw last year.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pppggg. Show pppggg's posts

Jason Bay IS no Manny. Thank God!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patswirelessfan. Show patswirelessfan's posts

Manny and Boras looked liked idiots. Lucky LA offered him the deal otherwise he would be sitting out.....

Manny=Not the brightest bulb......

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waltham781. Show Waltham781's posts

Tedy...Bay is not a hitter?? actually he is and he's done it for most of his career in pitt. no ones saying he's the hitter manny is...nobody'd be dumb enough to make that argument but he is a very good player and a better teammate then manny could dream of being

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Tedyaz, you pathetci troll....if anyone is laughing it is Theo and the Sox FO at Manny.

That poor fool besmirched his reputation for a measly $5million -- but you should know what that's like since you come here and do the same thing for nothing!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Manny is an 8 year old but also the best hitter of our lifetime. His childish antics though got the better of him this time, as he failed to achieve a long-term contract this offseason.

People forget this all stemmed because Manny wanted assurance that the Red Sox were not going to pick up on his option years. Manny worried that the Red Sox would take both option years and he would only get to make 40 million over the next 2 years. With an attempt to get a 4yr / 100 million contract, he soiled his legacy, and punched his way out of town. THen what happens? He winds up with 2 yrs / 45 million ( a 12.5% raise, 0 extra years), and yet people think manny is the one laughing?

Yeah, okay! Its true that Jason Bay is 2/3 the production of Manny. But Jason Bay is making 1/3 the money! So , even though Bay is far from Manny talent-wise, you could argue Bay is more valuable factoring in the contracts.

Moonslav, like usual, puts it best. If you want to hate Manny for his childish antics, go right ahead, but if you think for one second that he was not VITAL to both championships and helped turn this franchise completely around, you are lying to yourself.

IMO, if you think Jason Bay is better talent-wise than Manny, you are also lying to yourself. If you think that Manny's departure left a poor taste in your mouth, and youre glad to replace his childish ways with the more mature great (but not the greatest) right-handed bat in Bay, that's fair. But the fact remains, Manny did a ton for this franchise, and its sad the way it had to end.

But make no mistake about it. The red sox came out on top, as we have Bay at 1/3 the cost, and manny didnt exactly better his situation from the middle of last-year until right now. And thats even assuming that Bay is 2/3 the hitter Manny is, which i think is fair.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Manny is set to make 21.5 million this year, Bay 7.5 million. Poll the GM's around the league and find out which one of those contracts they would rather take!

I guarantee you all except 1 (Dodgers) will choose Bay's contract.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

If nobody else wanted Manny, then he wouldn't have signed for $25M. Nobody else wanted him for $25M is all it means. Maybe nobody else wanted him for $20M either, but who cares. As my dad used to say to me: "You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can fool Bill-806 all of the time"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[Quote]Manny is set to make 21.5 million this year, Bay 7.5 million. Poll the GM's around the league and find out which one of those contracts they would rather take!

I guarantee you all except 1 (Dodgers) will choose Bay's contract.[/Quote]

and this proves?

you could say the same about countless players.

plus 25 teams wouldn't pay God $25M, what does that show you?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[Quote]Manny is set to make 21.5 million this year, Bay 7.5 million. Poll the GM's around the league and find out which one of those contracts they would rather take!

7th game WS, basesloaded, 2 outs, down 3.

Poll the GMs: who would you rather have up, Manny of Jason? 30-0 or 29-1 vote Manny.

In fact, with Ortiz being of questionable health, if you asked an open-ended question, like who would you like up in the above situation, I bet more than half of all GMs would say: Manny. Over all other MLB players.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Moonslav, I agree 100%. But its a business first. Manny is far better than Bay, but Bay is the better business move.

Thats what it proves.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[Quote]

Only problem with that is that you have to get to the 7th game first and it's hard to do that when Manny is faking injury, refusing to run down the first base line and refusing to swing at the ball.[/Quote]

Manny was a big reason we got so many chances at rings. He did just about everything humanly possible to get the Dodgers there last year.

Being in a short term contract, Manny will bust a$$ unless, he has decided he will retire. He knows there is still one more big contract left in his career, if he plays well. This doesn't mean there won't be issues in LA, but I'd bet he bahaves better than in Boston. Plus, this time his GM wants him. Theo never wanted him from day 1. Also the fans & media in LA are much more forgiving.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DWIGHTRIGHT. Show DWIGHTRIGHT's posts

man-hole laughs at everything; he's too stupid to cry.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DWIGHTRIGHT. Show DWIGHTRIGHT's posts

[Quote] MOONBOY....... I HOPE YOU ARE IN A " GOOD PLACE, HAPPY, WARM & FUZZY, AND AT REST WITH YOUR LOVE FOR THE DESPICABLE ONE !!! IT IS THE LIBERAL THING TO DO !!!! BUT I DO HAVE TO TELL YOU THAT YOUR POST IS "REALLY OUT THERE" !!![/Quote]

mercy! first we get law2005 with his 'theo chicks' in just about every post.
    now we got bill-806 who can't seem to use 'liberal' enough.
    in the case of law2005, i'd rather be a 'theo chick' than a meat head(dead from the neck up).
    as for bill-806, i'd rather be a 'liberal', than a racist, ignorant, redneck.
    (actually, that is redundant. redneck already includes racist and ignorant.)

as for moonslav, yes, he does have an unnatural love for man-hole, and yes, he may need psychiatric help.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

Just like no other GM in MLB saw any point to signing Tek. Would any GM in MLB take on Lugo's or JD's contract? Teams fill needs as they see fit, sometimes w/out long term vision. Manny will make the Dodgers a lot more money than he cost them and at two years (maybe one) it is a low risk investment.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[Quote]

He is not a hitter also[/Quote]

LOL! Really? Then you just proved that you know NOTHING about baseball.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DWIGHTRIGHT. Show DWIGHTRIGHT's posts

[Quote]Where's the outrage from Obama and Biden on the outragiously greedy Union Slug contracts. Install a Marx commission and have a government set the compensation at the same level for all players, then tax all the profit and redistribute it to the bureaucracy and non-productive government dependents.

Manny is greedy, just plain and simple, and he quits on the job. And, if he's still on a green card, a perfect Democrat, except that he won't want to vote for massive tax increases on the wealthy.[/Quote]

if man-hole hangs out in public toilets, waiting to find another man, than he will be a perfect REPUBLICAN.

Sections
Shortcuts