1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Manny Offered 2yr/60 Million

I see no way they follow through with that. ARod isn't even worth $30M. Teixeira will get $18M per, and has about the same numbers as Manny over the past two seasons.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from txHeat. Show txHeat's posts

Perfect definition of "stupid money".

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH....... IT'S CALLED THE " HOT STOVE " !!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roadrunner9234. Show Roadrunner9234's posts

If they were willing to pay him A-Rod money what's the difference? 2.5 Million a year?

Keep him around long enough to help the team win, and ship him out before "evil" Manny shows up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

And it's not like agents won't plant stories to drive up the price. I recall the ARod and Lowell stories when they were FAs. ARod apparently had a lot of teams willing to pay him $30M when he was 42. And then there was the bogus NYY story that they were considering offering Lowell $60M/4. And I remember Boras opening the bidding for Damon at about $84M/6.

One story planted by Boras to bring the NYY to the table, which worked, and one story planted by the NYY to drive the RS up to $60M/4 for Lowell, which the RS promptly rejected.

Personally, I don't think $20M per for 2 years is outrageous, but I'd bet that Boras told Manny he'd be getting $100M/4. If anyone offered Manny $60M/2, he'd be insane not to take it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxman16. Show soxman16's posts

Manny will get a 4 year deal probably worth 80M within the next 3-4 weeks. Manny is Money. I have heard that the Yankees might offer him 100M over 4 years.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from walterjohnson07. Show walterjohnson07's posts

I'm wondering if NYY would go so far as to acquire CC, Tex and Manny (DH). I would think then Abreu wouldn't return, and they'd platoon Noodle Arm and Matsui in right, with Nady in left. Pretty good 1-6:

Damon
    Jeter
    Manny (DH)
    A-Rod
    Tex
    Nady

Be prepared if we pass on Tex

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Recifense. Show Recifense's posts

Just Manny being Money.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PSFever. Show PSFever's posts

This kind of offer won't even be considered by Manny who wants a long term deal, this is why he left Boston in the first place. Manny will end up on the Mets or Yankees if he can commit to policies. Manny also wants a long term deal in case he begins to decline, or decide to milk things again so and still collect a paycheck.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Is Ned Colletti the biggest moron of any GM?

I'm not talking about because of the deals he makes, its this new "short team heavy money" philosophy of his.

It's like he woke up one day and thought "I could offer Rafeal Furcal $40mill over 4 years, but that seems like too long of a commitment. I wonder if Furcal would accept a 3 year deal. Probably not for $30mill, so maybe I'll just give him all $40mill for 3 years."

Way to go, Ned. Give them all the money from the longer deal. Hey, why not just pay for that final season on the deal but not have to put up with the player actually, you know, playing it?

I mean, would anyone top a 3 year at $20 mill per deal for Manny? But why pay these guys to actually play baseball? Way to go, Ned...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[Quote]30 mill a year for a 3 tool player who is 36... thats the reason why the yankees and dodgers wont win anything.[/Quote]

Three tool? Unless you are counting Boras as the third tool, I don't see it.

Hit for average. Check. Power. Check.

Fielding? Baserunning? Never had those skills and unlikely to develop them at 37. Arm? At one point in his career, absolutely. But not so much anymore.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from headofted. Show headofted's posts

[Quote]30 mill a year for a 3 tool player who is 36... thats the reason why the yankees and dodgers wont win anything.[/Quote] now that is a foolish statement if I ever heard one. Sox fans have complained for years and years that the yankees win so much only because they spend money and buy free agents, now you say they won't win because they spend money and buy free agents, sox fans are unbelievable.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

Correct!! Big spending has driven the Yankee championship seasons (the wasted money was extra and did not interfere with wins).

And the Yanks and most of us observers have to think that Manny will produce for at least 3 more years. The guy, despite his image, works hard to stay in very good shape---and is a good in left field now as he was 10 years ago (perhaps better)