1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pedro101. Show Pedro101's posts

Manny Ramirez homers again to lead Dodgers to win

Manny Ramirez hit his second home run in as many days and drove in three runs to lead the Dodgers to a 9-3 victory today over the first-place Arizona Diamondbacks at Dodger Stadium that split their four-game series and closed the gap between the teams to one game in the NL West. Ramirez's solo shot to left in the fifth inning was the 512th home run of his career, moving him into a three-way tie with Ernie Banks and Eddie Matthews for 20th on the all-time list, and increased the Dodgers' lead to 6-3. The paid crowd of 52,972 fans remained standing and continued to cheer as Ramirez retreated to the dugout, forcing him to re-emerge to ground level for a curtain call.

Ramirez was four for five with a double and two runs, making his eight for 13 in his three games with his new club. He had four hits in a game for the first time this season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gickchum. Show gickchum's posts

MANNY MANNY MANNY

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Real classy Manny, keep proving you were a quitter and a dog your last 3 weeks here. Rolling around on singles turned to triples, going to first in 5.7 seconds, keeping the bat on your shoulder vs. Mo and pulling yourself out of games vs the tough pitchers. What a loser.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from datruth3412078. Show datruth3412078's posts

PROVES THAT HE QUIT ON THE SOX!!! GOOD RIDANCE GIVE HIM TIME AND HE WILL BE SICK OF SO CAL AS WELL

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gickchum. Show gickchum's posts

Dodgers will end up in first place in the West, I guarantee it

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

I don't think anyone has said that he is not a great hitter when he's "happy". He's playing to get a juicy contract in the offseason and then it will be "Manny being Manny" again.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

Pretty amazing how healthy he got in such a short time....last week he wasn't well enough to run out ground balls, now he is a hustling fool. Hustle could be the operative word here...it's what Manny was pulling on the Sox.
    Pedro, gickhum - thanks for continuing to prove Manny was being a selfish prima donna.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

Just for the record...Manny doesn't play for the Red Sox anymore. It seems you should be posting on the Dodger's boards. We are following the Red Sox here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gickchum. Show gickchum's posts

there are more real Red Sox playing in LA now than Boston

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

sox are 3-0 without manny

dodgers are 2-1 with manny

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tph2004. Show tph2004's posts

I was really with the Pro Manny Team until this weekend . . .am I surprised he is tearing it up now I dont think I am. Wow did he get healthy fast huh . . . .

Sadly it shows maybe he was dogging it.

Say this much: Pedro, Schilling, Damon, Nomar, Lowe, Foulke these guys walked to there own tone but didnt dog it ever. If he was in fact dogging it that is a pretty sad thing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tph2004. Show tph2004's posts

[Quote]there are more real Red Sox playing in LA now than Boston[/Quote]

The 2007 is pretty much here except Manny and who else Mireabelli? Please.

Only Lowe was a champion. PRE Manny.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bpoojsna. Show bpoojsna's posts

good im proud of him and happy he is enjoying himself there. I'll never forget what he did for us and i wont hold a grudge against him........... but i am happy with bay and hope he goes on a streak thee next couple of weeks...... i was sad to see manny go but i've moved on unlike pedro101 and gickchum and i hope manny the best in L.A but hope Bay an even better career here in boston.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxman16. Show soxman16's posts

Joe Morgan said it best tonight on ESPN . "The Sox will do fine at home without Manny but when you lose a star like Manny, you really need your star on the road to win games (although they have been horrible on the road this year w/ Manny), you really need your star on the road therefore the SOX probably can't win a WS without Manny"

Manny will excel for the remainder of the year in LA and I predict he hits 35 home runs, 110 RBI's for the year..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from unhgrad. Show unhgrad's posts

[Quote]Pretty amazing how healthy he got in such a short time....last week he wasn't well enough to run out ground balls, now he is a hustling fool. Hustle could be the operative word here...it's what Manny was pulling on the Sox.
    Pedro, gickhum - thanks for continuing to prove Manny was being a selfish prima donna.[/Quote]

Manny is a selfish dog. He not only hurt the team he hurt the fans that always stood up for him . The Sox should be allowed to sue him for the remainder of his contract. He has shown his true colors. He may get to the Hall of Fame with his statistics but he is no where near the Hall of Fame with his character. I hope he gets nothing substantial on the free agent market. He lost any respect I ever had for him and Ted Williams must be turning in his grave. He couldn't carry Ted Williams' bat.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tph2004. Show tph2004's posts

I loved Manny and defended him but his actions this year I found to be so disrespectful that the team had no choice and lets be honest they owed it to them selves to see how a 36 year old guy performed for 6 months coming off his worst season before they picked up a option and wow worst case he makes $20 Million . . . . .how can you defend that? He cant remember which knee he hurt, he pushs a 60 year old down, he refush's to play, dogs it down the line, this season he has been very inconsistant and when did you ever hear him on news with quotes? He talked more the last month then in 7 years with team.
    I am not glad he is gone but I dont think the Boston Red Sox had a choice.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tph2004. Show tph2004's posts

Since when is Joe Morgan anything but a talking head, his knowledge 10 years ago was great and he has since fadded badly.

As for Sox, Manny was not the key to this team. Far from it. They need Elsbury, Crisp, Tek or Lowrie to drive in some runs on the road from the7,8,9 positions. Second a consistant bull pen. If Elsbury becomes a great leadoff guy again then there lineup is night and day with or without Manny.

I dont see a team they will need to beat that can score tons of runs.

BTW ~ I agree with 35 home runs and 110 RBI I hope we play LA in WS and Manny is up vs PAP in Game 7 Sox up 1 one guy on . . . .two outs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

[Quote]there are more real Red Sox playing in LA now than Boston[/Quote]

In what world did you think that was going to make sense?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreamer007. Show dreamer007's posts

[Quote]Joe Morgan said it best tonight on ESPN . "The Sox will do fine at home without Manny but when you lose a star like Manny, you really need your star on the road to win games (although they have been horrible on the road this year w/ Manny), you really need your star on the road therefore the SOX probably can't win a WS without Manny"

Manny will excel for the remainder of the year in LA and I predict he hits 35 home runs, 110 RBI's for the year..[/Quote]

Joe Morgan also stated that manny forced a trade

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tph2004. Show tph2004's posts

Say this much you could tell Morgan was being indifferent about it, knowing Manny is great player but his conduct was nothing to be proud of

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jlpookers. Show jlpookers's posts

[Quote]Dodgers will end up in first place in the West, I guarantee it[/whQuoote] who the fffff cares.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pedro101. Show Pedro101's posts

Scanner28 ha ha ha
    Listen man I do not have time to spell check. I will let you do it for me.
    Manny is doing his thing in LA and you can’t do anything about.
    Next year he will be in Yankee uniform and then you will wish you have in your line up
    Can you imagine?
    Damon
    Jeter
    Abreu
    Arod
    Manny
    Cano

wow that is scaring

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheMaskedAvenger. Show TheMaskedAvenger's posts

Manny got healthy fast and runs fast now too......AMAZING

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tph2004. Show tph2004's posts

[Quote]Scanner28 ha ha ha
    Listen man I do not have time to spell check. I will let you do it for me.
    Manny is doing his thing in LA and you can’t do anything about.
    Next year he will be in Yankee uniform and then you will wish you have in your line up
    Can you imagine?
    Damon
    Jeter
    Abreu
    Arod
    Manny
    Cano

wow that is scaring
    [/Quote]

Abreau is a FA and wont be back they have a hot shot rookie outfielder, secondly Jeter has not looked like the Jeter of last 10 years. Third, they had Sheffield in that line up, Matsui, Giambi, Posada and others a 37 year old Manny makes them not really that different to be honest, now if they get CC and Tiextera then that wont be good news.

Sections
Shortcuts