1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

Manny's gotta go!

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm tired of his 'Me first' attitude. And now that his skills are diminishing and he wants a contract extension, I say cut him loose. Its Papi and not Manny that brought this team glory, championships and pride. Manny is 3rd among major league Ramirezes in slugging and he occasionally comes thru in the clutch.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeyRedSox. Show MikeyRedSox's posts

Manny's gotta go!

good thing you aren't running the team

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Manny's gotta go!

You really don't know anything about baseball do you?  This is the true definition of a Pink Hatter.  Someone who claims to be a fan and shoots their mouth off only to reveal they are completely clueless about Baseball in general and the Red Sox in particular.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Manny's gotta go!

With all the Lugo, Drew, Tito and Wakefield haters out there, this has to be the stupidest post I have read since coming to this board.  This is the reason I tend to read this board less than I used to.  The whining is so tedious given the team is playing .600 ball.

OK, let me see, Manny did not help bring "glory, championships and pride"?  Was Manny the MVP of the World Series in 2004?  Uh, yes, he was.  Has ANY Red Sox fan under 110 years old ever felt more glory and pride than at that moment?  I know I haven't...and that includes the birth of my first son, I'm sad to say!  Don't tell him, I don't want him to have a complex for the rest of his life!

It is a waste of my time for me to even respond to this idiotic thread.  I just could not help myself.  And the kicker is that Manny has always murdered the Yankees...go check the stats.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SleeStack1. Show SleeStack1's posts

Manny's gotta go!

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am certainly tired of something, and it isn't Manny Ramirez.  Wager a guess?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Manny's gotta go!

[Quote]With all the Lugo, Drew, Tito and Wakefield haters out there, this has to be the stupidest post I have read since coming to this board. 

It is a waste of my time for me to even respond to this idiotic thread.  I just could not help myself.  And the kicker is that Manny has always murdered the Yankees...go check the stats.[/Quote]

ditto that , my friend!!

You state the truth, but that last part about Manny being a Yankee killer is all the reason I need to keep him in Boston forever.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackern2001. Show jackern2001's posts

Manny's gotta go!

are you kidding me let go of one of the top 3 right handed hitters in the majors your nuts.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddyd08. Show Eddyd08's posts

Manny's gotta go!

To the  Real Sox fan in here  please go to  www.sawxheads.com since this board is no fun anymore 1- The trolls 2-The way this forum was rebuild 3-The bashers with no mind and 4-the so call sox fan(more like yanks fans in Sox clothing) Sad to see that a man that has bring alot of joy to Sox fan(Manny) is now a hated player by some(ok that sounds like Teddyball game..once love then hated and now loved again).

GO SOX!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ldm130b. Show ldm130b's posts

Manny's gotta go!

[Quote]To the  Real Sox fan in here  please go to  www.sawxheads.com since this board is no fun anymore 1- The trolls 2-The way this forum was rebuild 3-The bashers with no mind and 4-the so call sox fan(more like yanks fans in Sox clothing) Sad to see that a man that has bring alot of joy to Sox fan(Manny) is now a hated player by some(ok that sounds like Teddyball game..once love then hated and now loved again).

GO SOX!!!

[/Quote]Nice ty.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tahoepow. Show tahoepow's posts

Manny's gotta go!

I don't think Manny has a "me first" attitude one bit. I think Manny just has fun and cares greatly about the team. I would like to see you try to do any sport with a nagging hamstring injury your skills wouldn't be there either. Manny is finally starting to get healthy and has got his swing back. The red sox would be completely screwed without him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Manny's gotta go!

With all the Lugo, Drew, Tito and Wakefield haters out there, this has to be the stupidest post I have read since coming to this board. 

You're not even close.  The post that said Dice must take responsibility for his (9-1) record and be a samarai was posted by someone other than me into the RedSaux site and got ridculed mercilessly.  It's probably being copied onto other sites and will soon become legendary.

This stupid thread pale in comparison.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gibsonsg. Show gibsonsg's posts

Manny's gotta go!

If the Manny haters knew what they were talking about then they'd be getting $20 mil a year, not him. He's one of the most feared, hardest working and all-time great clutch hitters, and he's got the 2 rings to prove it. He's earned the right to be as weird as he wants, as long as he keeps on producing- which he does.

It's amazing how quickly some 'fans' have turned against a guy who has played such a key role in transforming this team and ending 86 years of pain.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

Manny's gotta go!

Manny needs to be disciplined for his actions in Houston.  But nothing else he has done merits dismissal.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firefligh. Show Firefligh's posts

Manny's gotta go!

Todays antics.

Offering up orange drink

Print photo at home

and then getting a STANDING OVATION when he emerged, :)
    Print photo at home

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firefligh. Show Firefligh's posts

Manny's gotta go!

24 obviously had a ball today.

the caption on this one read 'Manny Ramirez pretends to check his watch as he ran into the dugout'.
    OS
    ow doTON

Print photo at home

howaaaaa

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from goznes. Show goznes's posts

Manny's gotta go!

The Sox management must want these antics to continue. They could lock the door during the games, but haven't done so.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firefligh. Show Firefligh's posts

Manny's gotta go!

[Quote]The Sox management must want these antics to continue. They could lock the door during the games, but haven't done so.[/Quote]

Very astute of you. How much of that 38,000+ nightly sell-out is due to two recent championships, how much to canny promotion, and how much to interest in individual players is unknown, but clearly the head office (like NESN with its 'Manny Being Manny-thon" this week), knows Ramirez butters more than his share of the bread.

24 brings them in - and as the most recognized Boston player, keeps the Sox at the head of the ESPN/FOX/sports cable food chain/ top of the hour stuff -  whether its hitting 500 or high-fiving or goofing off - keeps them in. The speed with which the club and its unofficial arm NESN reclimated Manny after his recent unfortunate meltdown is revealing, and to watch tv promos, blips, clips, and bytes this week would be to think there was only one guy currently hitting. Yeah, he broke outta yet another slump, but one would think he won a Nobel this week.

Something the Manny bashers could keep in mind: the FO knows full well how much any player's 'production' contributes to filling the coffers - and with Ramirez, there is no BA/HR/RBI correlation that's purely about on field stats. I wouldn't doubt if the numbers crunchers have data on casual fan game viewing as well as focus group feedback and other market research on how valuable a commodity Future Hall of Famer Manny Ramirez is to the Boston Red Sox.

Those so avidly wanting 24 'out' may be unpleasantly surprised come November to find that Henry and Co have a much broader definition of 'production', and a much clearer feeling for just how so-called 'diminishing' skills haven't impacted any bottom line, than does the media and fanbase.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Manny's gotta go!

Just my humble observations, and perhaps wrong, but the sillier Manny gets, the better he seems to hit.  And you can easily see this week just how much better we are when he is hitting.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firefligh. Show Firefligh's posts

Manny's gotta go!

[Quote]Just my humble observations, and perhaps wrong, but the sillier Manny gets, the better he seems to hit.  And you can easily see this week just how much better we are when he is hitting.

[/Quote]

I see a silliness equation as well. I also saw this week, on his return to Fenway, a standing O before he even swung the bat, and this in the immediate wake of the Rivera swingless at bat, which sports radio had deemed unforgivable.

And today a standing O for emerging from the GM - the crowd feeds off the silliness, ups the applause, and Manny feeds off the love.

It's a nice cycle - for everyne involved.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Manny's gotta go!

When it comes to manny fans either adore him or can't stand him.

I'm not a manny fan.  He wanted out of boston from the start.  Year after year he said he wanted to leave.  One year he even sold his home.  He was put on wavers, no other team picked him up. 

It is no secret that the FO gets tired of his antics, they did put him on wavers. 

After years of wanting out of boston he suddenly wants to end his career here. Hmmm, I wonder if that has anything to do with 20 mil a year in boston?  He will get much less some where else.

We are all entitled to our opinions, I don't like the guy.  I think what really pushed me over the edge was when tito needed him to pinch hit against the yanks.  Manny was on the bench but didn't feel well enough to hit the ball.  That night he was out on the town with one of his yank friends.  I don't have any respect for a guy like that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauloz. Show pauloz's posts

Manny's gotta go!

yeah, let's replace manny with AROD (or Madonna - didn't she play baseball in a movie once in-between screw balls?)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauloz. Show pauloz's posts

Manny's gotta go!

mabye we can get obama to yell at him

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauloz. Show pauloz's posts

Manny's gotta go!

or or or let's get someone LESS talented!! yeah!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauloz. Show pauloz's posts

Manny's gotta go!

go Sox! win the series in spite of the dodobird dumbells

Sections
Shortcuts