1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wb374. Show wb374's posts

Manny's post-catch high-five at Camden

How about Manny's high five to the fan after he made the running over the shoulder catch.� Runs up the wall and slaps the fan five.� (Then doubles up the runner)� Now that is talent...and its up there in top manny moments

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from vbredsoxaddict. Show vbredsoxaddict's posts

Absolutely loved that Manny moment.� As if the catch itself wasn't great enough, to high five a fan and then double up the runner, priceless!�� Too bad it all went for naught......�

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ryanwmahan. Show ryanwmahan's posts

You know, if someone would be critical of this play, they should be more critical of Aubrey Huff running past second with one out on a fly ball.

That was one hell of a play by Manny. I loved it and am glad we have a guy as colorful as Manny.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from brianamoro. Show brianamoro's posts

manny is a charachter to say the least, the play yesterday was the essence of why redsox fans love manny, there was no intent to show up anyone, it's just manny bein manny.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHEngineer. Show NHEngineer's posts

I missed this when it happened live because I was at work, but I've watched the video of it online at least 10 times now. This is the funniest thing I've seen in a while, and one of my favorite Manny Moments, right up there with his diving catch of a throw to the cutoff man.As for the general question of players celebrations/antics on the field....I don't care about it. Joba Chamberlain (or Jonathan Papelbon)�pumping his fist doesn't bother me, hitters standing and watching their home runs doesn't bother me, and high-fiving a fan in the middle of a play doesn't bother me either. Baseball players are obsessed with being shown up, they're much too sensitive about it. Time to get over it, things change.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from markp99. Show markp99's posts

Best left fielder the Sox have ever had.� ;-)

We love the Manny.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from esruc04. Show esruc04's posts

I think you said a mouthful when you said, "I loved it and am glad we have a guy as colorful as Manny." Did you see the dugout after that play? Here's a team that is in a bit of a funk at the end of a brutal 10 game road trip and that play had them laughing and generally enjoying the game. Hard to measure that but I think it is huge.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from highflysox. Show highflysox's posts

MANNY IS MANNY

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from highflysox. Show highflysox's posts

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from esruc04. Show esruc04's posts

Well said, I think the fist pump should inspire you to get it next time so you can pump or own, so to speak.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from vbredsoxaddict. Show vbredsoxaddict's posts

to the dugout stuff to hanging over the fence gesturing to the� temper tantrum at the bad call - funniest of all imo was Remy's "oh-oh, it looks like it might be another Julian Tavarez moment" when 24 began to rub� the back of a teammate's neck�.Fire, I unfortunately missed most of the dugout stuff.� Living in VA, I am prisoner to the�broadcasting execs for Extra Innings, and had to watch the game on the O's network.� Palmer and Thorne did give kudos to Manny for making a great catch and great throw to double up Huff, but they did not show any of the dugout antics.� I did catch some of the dugout stuff on ESPN this morning, but I wish I could have heard Remy's comment.� ESPN also did a quick clip of Manny being Manny moments and they showed Manny cutting off Damon's throw from CF.� Had me ROTF again.� That clip never ceases to crack me up.� While�last night's�catch is definitely up there in greatest Manny moments, I still have to go with the cut off as my all time favorite.�

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from vbredsoxaddict. Show vbredsoxaddict's posts

As for the general question of players celebrations/antics on the field....I don't care about it. Joba Chamberlain (or Jonathan Papelbon)�pumping his fist doesn't bother me, hitters standing and watching their home runs doesn't bother me, and high-fiving a fan in the middle of a play doesn't bother me either. Baseball players are obsessed with being shown up, they're much too sensitive about it. Time to get over it, things change.I agree, these celebrations don't bother me either.� Unless, of course, it's a Yankee player doing it, in particular, Joba.� Can't stand to see him pump his fist.� (BTW, I noticed in last night's one-run game against the Rays, there was no�fist pump by Joba after striking out the side in the 8th.)� But I've said before if a pitcher or hitter doesn't like being shown up, don't�give up the HR or don't strike out�the next time.��

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxaffair. Show soxaffair's posts

... couldn't agree more ... and with soxncycles too

what a catch ... what a high-five ... what a throw !!!

how can you NOT love Manny ???

yeah, he might be considered far beyond what is considered 'normal' but he is a truly remarkable baseball player who not only treats us with his extraordinary skills every day but adds a splash of color to the 162+ games a year too

outstanding, extraordinary, magnificent are just some other words that come to mind when thinking our our beloved Manny ... plain and simple, he is awesome +plus+ the dude has a wicked gun !!!

that kind of lightheartedness weaving it's way through the dugout afterwards was priceless and might just be the catalyst that ignites our Sox back to their winning ways ...

with twenty-five percent of the season in the annals and after a whirlwindy beginning, only time will tell but it was a nice glimpse into what we all might be in store for as the season progresses

seems like forever since our SOX were home, and with today being an earned day off, hope they're all resting peacefully

GO SOX

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I got to admit, when I saw the instant replay, I loved it. I sometimes wish the Yanks had taken him when the Sox put him on waivers.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mookie56. Show mookie56's posts

Yank fan here but I gotta say this Manny guy is a hoot.....Now I don't know him as well as you guys do but I don't think he has a bad bone in his body, just a big kid who loves to play and hits the #### out of the ball.� When he stands at the plate after a homer I really don't think he's showing up the opposition, It's just a spontaneous thing with him...just a Manny thing...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgaulorr. Show jgaulorr's posts

I am just amazed Manny didn't also hand the ball to the fan he high fived!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from deedles71. Show deedles71's posts

Manny's getting some heat from his detractors in the media on this one, but I was at the game yesterday and that play really energized the dugout.� Fortunately due to some good seats, I had a great view of the players'�reactions as they watched the replay in the dugout and it was at a�moment I think they needed a shot in the arm.� The O's fans around me were astounded......great Manny moment to add to the all-time collection.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsportaction. Show redsportaction's posts

� That was a pure Manny moment a strong mixture of talent [ Usually the bat not the glove] and prime time theater. Great to watch. I don't care what the critics say; that was good stuff.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeus142. Show zeus142's posts

how can you NOT love Manny ???Despite the fact that he absolutely kills us with his bat,� I really� do enjoy watching him.� And yesterday's play was fantastic.� It not only showed talent, but he made a connection with the fans. I heard a talk show host criticizing Manny for it. I guess they always need something to get listeners involved. I don't mind a little celebrating, fist pumping, etc. as long as it doesn't get as obnoxious as some football players take it. I think it's good that players are emotional about the game, and not just caring about their money.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Oh, Manny, when I thought I saw it all from you. You cease to amaze me. Add another hidden talet to your long list of Mannisms: you can multi-task like no other.� Manny is on a Mission to have fun playing what he loves. What is truely wrong with that?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHEngineer. Show NHEngineer's posts

the more I watch this, the funnier it gets

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gabootwo2006. Show gabootwo2006's posts

Great catch!!!!.....hey even a broken clock is right twice a day. I still think that his defense is horrid though. Bad routes to balls, no range, and constant misreads on balls hit still make him one of the worst outfielders in the game today. (see Dewan's Fielding Bible)On another note, watched Baseball Tonight last night and they said they have 28 minutes of tape of "Manny being Manny" the goofy stuff in their vaults. These tapes are not of Manny hitting, but of Manny goofing up in the field, running the bases�wrong, doing goofy stuff in the clubhouse and so on.�Baseball Tonight even showed some of the clips which were very entertaining but also showed a couple that were very embarrasing to the organization. Manny is obviously a goofball and a spaceshot on and off the field and is an very eccentric player, but one thing is clear. He enjoys the game of baseball and is at times extremely entertaining to watch. �

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mpieretti. Show mpieretti's posts

jeez oh man I love this guy!!!I think the key to Manny's sucess at the plate is that he keeps it loose.... and you can't get any looser than that play yesterday.� So the season is 1/4 over and Manny leads the league with 6 game winning RBIs this year.� If he can keep up the craziness he'll have won 24 games for the Sox by seasons end.That's 24 game winning RBIs for #24.That's what I'm pulling for this year. An off the hook year from and off the hook player... in a contratct year.Go Manny-- you're the best!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nickarcese. Show nickarcese's posts

Can you imagine the scene if the guy in the left field seats had a draft beer in his hand?� Would Manny take a sip or be drenched?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

This was certainly a great Manny moment.I'll bet that he didn't even know he had a chance for a double play when he threw the ball in.Good job by Pedroia to make the throw to first.Gotta love Manny though.He's a bad man!!