1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigmanBill. Show BigmanBill's posts

Mansfield cheats and gets away with it

Manfield u should be ashamed you cheated and got away with it..... Coach Redding u r a disgrace u cheat get caught and cant take the penalty u need to get the courts involved what a shame

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duxguy. Show Duxguy's posts

I knew it wouldn't be long for some JERK to come on here and make this post.

Read the facts and let the kids play!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigmanBill. Show BigmanBill's posts

using an ineligable player is ok... I did read the facts he used and ineligable player in 2 games .... Can u justify that Duxjerk

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from green0534. Show green0534's posts

It doesn't matter how many minutes or what the score was he was put in the game if this student athlete is not put into those game then mansfield would be fine today. Coach Redding put the athlete in the game that's where they got caught. Sorry if they followed the rules and applied for the waiver then I would feel bad I do not feel bad. Mansfield's adminastrators should be ashamed of themselfs teaching these student athltes that cheating is ok and no accepting the penalty

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigmanBill. Show BigmanBill's posts

I dont care if the kid playeed 7 seconds he broke the rules.... It's like robbing a bank when found guilty u go to jail not after u spend the money the courts were wrong by getting involved the MIAA shouldve stood thier ground..... BOOOOOO to Mansfield and Coach Redding u know better

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bernard77. Show bernard77's posts

With a name like bigman, you must really be a littleman with a little......

You must live in a town that Mansfield beat, probably North

Get a life you loser

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pantherlaxvt. Show Pantherlaxvt's posts

Mansfield should NOT be allowed to play in Foxboro. They cheated, period.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pantherlaxvt. Show Pantherlaxvt's posts

[Quote]

Charlestown did the same thing last year and forfeited the game allowing East Boston to go to the Super Bowl. How many minutes is irrelevant. The MIAA cannot be put in the position of deciding if a player's participation was impactful. Every coach using a transfer student has to complete a form attesting to their eligibility. Was that form completed truthfully?

Bishop Feehan in the climate of uncertainty on whether the game would be played was disadvantaged. Would you feel the same way if during those 7 plays this student injured somebody. The purpose of not allowing 5 year players on the field is to not put teenage bodies on the field with man size bodies risking injury.[/Quote]

Yes, in my opinion Feehan got srewed here. All the uncertainty, none of it which was their fault, put them at a disadvantage.

The MIAA needs to do the right thing and not allow these cheaters to disgrace the field that other respectful teams have worked hard to be on.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey321. Show hockey321's posts

the guy turned himself in to the MIAA so he could have easily gotten away with it and not told anyone....honesty or lieing....? hmmm maybe everyone should lie and then everyone can sheat wont that be nice

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dimcguire. Show dimcguire's posts

"The purpose of not allowing 5 year players on the field is to not put teenage bodies on the field with man size bodies risking injury."

EXACTLY!

First off - he's a fith year senior, not a 5th year player, he's never played football before this year. It is a technicallity based on the calendar year he entered HS as a Freshman. Secondly, he is 18, do you know of a single high school team without any 18 year old players?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bonestix. Show bonestix's posts

It's comical how people say Mansfield cheated. Do any of you morons who say they cheated even know what actually happened? Sounds like you guys are jealous of Mansfield. Get a life!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bonestix. Show bonestix's posts

boston42

You must not have played sports growing up. You would rather see a Super Bowl decided by paper work rather than have the 2 best teams battle it out on the field?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigmanBill. Show BigmanBill's posts

No i am not from North Attleboro and i think N. Attleboro got the short end of the stick here... bonestix so u would allow someone who cheated and i dont care how minscule the kids role was in those games the coach for mansfield didnt do his job period and thats the story.... You make a decsion in letting the kid play and kudos on the kid for coming back to school but he made his decsion when he dropped out.... The biggest thing that kid is getting is an education..... Whoever is that player i am not blaming you it is the coach who did not do what he needed to do so you could play those games....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pantherlaxvt. Show Pantherlaxvt's posts

[Quote]boston42

You must not have played sports growing up. You would rather see a Super Bowl decided by paper work rather than have the 2 best teams battle it out on the field?[/Quote]

No I would rather see two teams who did not cheat play. Duh.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from champs01. Show champs01's posts

I don't think NA or any other team got the short end of the stick ,the kid had nothing to do with the outcome of any game .

As far as punishment i would suggest for the Mansfield coach to get suspended for 1 year for causing this mess .

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from beno123. Show beno123's posts

It does make a difference that the kid barely played. He never made an impact on the field. Its wrong to punish the Mansfield players, who have worked very hard since August, just because their coach was careless.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from The1stAbe. Show The1stAbe's posts

[Quote]

It's not a matter of "cheating" its a responsibility to the rules. Players have responisibilities and coaches have responsibilities. Coaches have responsibilities to check the eligibility of all their players and file all the necessary waiver paperwork in a case like this. Their coach let their team down when he did not do so and then put a player who was not eligible into a contest. In this rule there is no wiggle room for discretion of importance of the player, you are setting a precedent for all kinds of controversy. An illegal player either plays or does not. It can't be a situation where you are objectively determining how important he was, what if he plays 7 plays, what if he plays 10, what if he makes just one tackle or 5 or scores 1 touchdown or 2 or 3. You can not open that pandoras box and in no way can you institute that discretion with any fairness in the future. The kid played the coach slacked on making sure he was eligible and now he's making a mockery of the playoffs by going through the courts. By all accounts Mansfield will be stripped of any title if they win it, so how is that fair to the team that had to play and possibly lose to a team that shouldn't have even been there in the first place. It may not be fair to the kids on Mansfield but it is their coaches fault. Was it fair to the kids on lawrence this year or to the kids on charlestown last year? Now all the sudden it's different?[/Quote]Boston....I think you pretty much nailed it with your posting....I agree

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from devannd. Show devannd's posts

I always thought that cheating was used to gain an advantage. Do I think that Mansfield cheated? No. Do I think they made a poor judgement? Yes. Should the team be punished for allowing a player who had no impact on the outcome of a game play. No

People this isn't a cut and dry case. Mansfield should have taken the proper steps to ensure that all of their players were eleigible. But you're all using to improper phrase. mansfield didn't try to hide a player of talent and use him to their benefit. No the coach tried to give a player who might have benefitted from the expereince. Life is not football. Its a GAME. Meant for fun. You people take this far to serious and make it no longer fun. The school made a mistake but they did not cheat. Look up the definition if you think otherwise.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from devannd. Show devannd's posts

I think the courts saw it this way as well.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonboy24. Show bostonboy24's posts

Bishop Feehan in the climate of uncertainty on whether the game would be played was disadvantaged. Would you feel the same way if during those 7 plays this student injured somebody. The purpose of not allowing 5 year players on the field is to not put teenage bodies on the field with man size bodies risking injury.[/Quote]

You're missing the point here. Plenty of kids that play in High School have stayed back a year at some point. Size is not the issue. You're getting off track.

The real issue here is the rule, which is intended to deter kids who may have a better shot getting into a better football program by playing an additional year and purposely staying back a year. It would be disastrous.

If the coaches truely weren't aware of the rule then fine. They did what was right and notified the MIAA and the MIAA didn't choose to act until Mansfield made it to the playoffs. The MIAA should've made a decision when Mansfield came forth, not after the fact.

Furthermore, the Mansfield coach is an absolute MORON for letting that kid get into the game against Feehan on Wednesday for any minutes!! Why is that kid even dressed?? They should now be banned for their coaches idiocy!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomSinMA. Show TomSinMA's posts

Mansfield used an ineligible player. They shoul not be plaing in the Super Bowl. They are ineligible due to forfeiting 2 games. Stuff happens and the are consequences!! IF Mansfield wins, their win should be forever tainted.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigmanBill. Show BigmanBill's posts

well who ever said they didnt cheat but did not follow the rules is right and if u get caught u should pay the consequences regardless of how much playing time the kid got.... The kid was a 5th yr senior at Mansfiled so it wasnt like the kid wasnt known to be a 5th yr senior and again shame on the coach and his teammates for letting this happen.... It is simple follow the rules set forth by the MIAA or you will be penalized..... This is my last comment on this matter