1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ILOVETHESOX0177. Show ILOVETHESOX0177's posts

MARIANO DOES IT AGAIN

What not save a game?  He pitched the a tied ninth.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhilTheAce. Show PhilTheAce's posts

MARIANO DOES IT AGAIN

I was looking for the thread that said Mariano might not even be the second best closer in baseball that was created on here in the offseason. It said Paps is definitely number one, LOL, and Mo might not even be number two. ROFLMFAO. That thread starter would look moronic right now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ILOVETHESOX0177. Show ILOVETHESOX0177's posts

MARIANO DOES IT AGAIN

he just gave up a  hit

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhilTheAce. Show PhilTheAce's posts

MARIANO DOES IT AGAIN

Hey Terry, I hope you enjoyed your one night where you can mooch off of Mo, because it's a one and done thing, unfortunately for you.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carolina-soxfan. Show carolina-soxfan's posts

MARIANO DOES IT AGAIN

[Quote]Hey Terry, I hope you enjoyed your one night where you can mooch off of Mo, because it's a one and done thing, unfortunately for you.[/Quote]

Phil,

I hope you enjoyed your lone night in the spotlight for this season-The All-Star game at Yankee Stadium.  Maybe we can discuss Yankee baseball next year.  So long.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

MARIANO DOES IT AGAIN

[Quote]Hey Terry, I hope you enjoyed your one night where you can mooch off of Mo, because it's a one and done thing, unfortunately for you.[/Quote]

It's a shame you don't have half as much class as Mo does. I liked him showing Holladay and Kazmir how to throw the cutter. I don't know if that was a very good idea though. Maybe Paps should have been watching.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fmk64. Show fmk64's posts

MARIANO DOES IT AGAIN

[Quote]How many of you were rooting ofr Uggla to get a basehit off Rivera and hand him the loss?  C'mon, raise those hands.

Eff home field advantage.  We sweep them anyways.  Celebrate at Fenway for once.[/Quote]

I'll admit to that HOF. I was hoping like crazy. And that run when Pap pitched, not his fault. Stupid catcher. I also agree with losing home field.. we'd then get to win at home in 4.

Nice post.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fmk64. Show fmk64's posts

MARIANO DOES IT AGAIN

[Quote]your bitterness is just ugly[/Quote]

Take your pick.. bitterness, ignorance, or just plain stupidity.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from unhgrad. Show unhgrad's posts

MARIANO DOES IT AGAIN

You are idiot. Mariano sucked in that appearance last night. He is lucky he didn't lose the game. How many hits did he allow?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1267861. Show user_1267861's posts

MARIANO DOES IT AGAIN

great closers do not blow game 7 of the world series and do not blow elimination games in the alcs  Rivera has cost the skankees 2 world series titles
    Greatest closer of all time?????????

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1267861. Show user_1267861's posts

MARIANO DOES IT AGAIN

great closers do not blow game 7 of the world series and do not blow elimination games in the alcs  Rivera has cost the skankees 2 world series titles
    Greatest closer of all time?????????

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Victory12321. Show Victory12321's posts

MARIANO DOES IT AGAIN

[Quote]It's a shame you don't have half as much class as Mo does. I liked him showing Holladay and Kazmir how to throw the cutter. I don't know if that was a very good idea though. Maybe Paps should have been watching.[/Quote]

I though it wasnt a good idea as well.

did you see Halladay's new cutter during the game?  that was nasty.

But again, Halladay doesnt need any more weapons to shut us down so why give him one more pitch?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jim-Halpert. Show Jim-Halpert's posts

MARIANO DOES IT AGAIN

[Quote]great closers do not blow game 7 of the world series and do not blow elimination games in the alcs  Rivera has cost the skankees 2 world series titles
    Greatest closer of all time?????????[/Quote]

You're not that stupid right?  Tell me your just pretending.  You're embarrasing real red sox fans.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

MARIANO DOES IT AGAIN

[Quote]He did the job when another person couldnt buckle down and shut it down.  Thats a closer, no matter what happens, no matter the atmosphere you are in you need to close it, you need to strike that hitter out, not let a run in and blame it on the catcher or people booing you.  You think in a game 7 the away crowd will be cheering for you.  If you think that then you are delusional.  If you cannot handle a stadium full of hecklers then you shouldnt be a closer.[/Quote]

How did he do the job better than Paps? Paps allowed 1 hit, Rivera 2. Paps didn't make a bad throw on the steal attempt, the catcher did. Did Rivera do a better job by allowing the second hit, meaning the first runner got to 2nd without a steal attempt?
    Both are great pitchers, both allowed hits in an All Star game, but gave up no earned runs.
    Sometimes this whole Red Sox/Yankees 'rivalry' is just stupid and irritating.
    There was a great game last night with some great players and plays. The league where the Red Sox and Yankees play won! Why aren't we enjoying that together?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from odysseus91. Show odysseus91's posts

MARIANO DOES IT AGAIN

OK first off...rivera is a great closer...prolly one of the best in the game. But at the same time paplebon is a pretty damn good one. Yesterday it was Dioner Navarro's bad throw that cost a man ending up on third base so to say paps was horrible is plain stupid. To say Rivera pitched badly is also stupid, no matter how many men were on base he did get out of the jams, and hes been doing that for years so he is pretty good as well. At this point, i don't think paps is as good a closer, but who knows in the future.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from thopjen77. Show thopjen77's posts

MARIANO DOES IT AGAIN

Mariano is a great closer but so is  Paps,I believe he was the one who closed out the '07 WS while  the Yanks were out clubbing in the streets of NY.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxrock04. Show bosoxrock04's posts

MARIANO DOES IT AGAIN

[Quote]I was looking for the thread that said Mariano might not even be the second best closer in baseball that was created on here in the offseason. It said Paps is definitely number one, LOL, and Mo might not even be number two. ROFLMFAO. That thread starter would look moronic right now.[/Quote] Hey moron, if Navarro hadn't thrown that ball into center field, nobody would have scored. Idiot.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DWIGHTRIGHT. Show DWIGHTRIGHT's posts

MARIANO DOES IT AGAIN

mariano does what again?

my hand is raised; i, too, wanted rivera to get the loss last night.

it would have capped off a perfect celebration of the last all-star game at skankee stadium. a-rod, however, didn't disappoint; the invisable man in important games.

and it was a pleasure to have a red sox player win the all-star mvp award.(skankee fans must have loved that)

so, again, i ask 'mariano does what again?'

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DWIGHTRIGHT. Show DWIGHTRIGHT's posts

MARIANO DOES IT AGAIN

[Quote]lol....met fan

lol Wagner[/Quote]

actually, i'm a sox fan, but i can understand your confusion.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

MARIANO DOES IT AGAIN

[Quote]
    HE JUST SHUT THE DOOR DOWN

LIVE AND LEARN FROM THE BEST CLOSER IN THE GAME PAPEL-BLOW
    [/Quote]

Umm, Larry, Trevor Hoffmann didn't play last night. 

But I think you've heard of him...that would be the guy with 541 career saves, not 466.

Good work, though. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

MARIANO DOES IT AGAIN

[Quote]great closers do not blow game 7 of the world series and do not blow elimination games in the alcs  Rivera has cost the skankees 2 world series titles
    Greatest closer of all time?????????[/Quote]

Oh I get it...so the other 35 innings he's pitched in the world series where he has the lowest era in baseball history doesn't count? Ok..you're right

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

MARIANO DOES IT AGAIN

Gee I dont know.  Hmmm, put in a swimming pool?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tjmet. Show tjmet's posts

MARIANO DOES IT AGAIN

Is this what Skankee fans have been reduced to? They can't compare teams anymore, nor managers, nor ownership, nor farm system, nor pitching prospects........

Now it's just seeking out Sox message boards to say, "Our closing pitcher is better than yours!!!".

Because of his performance at the halfway mark this season? Could you say Mo was #1 in '07? How about '06? '05 maybe? '04?? Answer: NO

Pathetic.