1. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1r3d12. Show m1r3d12's posts

Marvin Harrison

"But the more pressing issues surround Colts WR Marvin Harrison.

It’s no longer a question of if Harrison, 36, will be let go. It has become a question of when. It will happen in the coming days, certainly before the new league year starts a week from Friday, but few are sure exactly when."-Adam Shefter

With the signing of Kelvin Hayden it seems as if the Colts must cut Harrison. Harrison is aging and is on the decline but if he takes little money I think he could be a third reciever in New England. Last year Harrison had 60 catches for 636 yards compared to Gaffne's 38 catches for 468 yards but you have to condsider Harrison was the number two reciver. Another potential downside is of Harrison's legal issues. If those issues don't get resolved and he would sign for less he could be a good replacement to Gaffney.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulK3. Show PaulK3's posts

Marvin Harrison

Harrison is a gun-toting nut and a divider in the locker room. He's not a good fit.

Peyton Manning was part of Harrison's meal ticket. Find a team with a bad quarterback and you'll find an underappreciated receiver, such as Wes Welker with Miami.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALAN2012. Show ALAN2012's posts

Marvin Harrison

Not to be disrespectful, but every time a player is cut, let's not make a post about picking up that player. Marvin Harrison coming to New England makes zero sense. He's old, overpaid, had major legal issues, and missed a significant amount of time last year with an injury.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanBlake. Show PatsFanBlake's posts

Marvin Harrison

let's get him and put him on special teams so he gets beat up...other then that no thanx....alot of better options then him...plus he'd want to much money for legal fees and ammo.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Marvin Harrison

This is a guy we've been criticizing for a couple years now! Why would we even think about him as a Patriot? Besides, I doubt he'd want to. The gun laws in Boston are a lot tougher than in Philly, where you only need to be older than 12 to have one!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Marvin Harrison

I am a firm believer that receivers can make QB's and vice versa.

In the case of harrison and manning, but have been great, but harrison is a couple of years older.

I do think Harrison needs to go, but I don't understand where rational criticism of him comes from. He is a guy who is small by all standards (short and thin), yet he will finish his career with #2 on the all-time receptions chart.

Yes, a good QB is required to do that, which he has had, but up until the last couple of years he has been very healthy.

He does not have the size of Randy Moss or Larry Fitzgerald or Terrell Owens, yet he commanded the same kind of double teams and game planning these guys did.

Because of his size, he will go down in history as one of the greatest receivers ever. If Welker can keep his pace up and stay healthy, he will be the same kind of guy but as more of an inside receiver.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Marvin Harrison

[Quote]let's get him and put him on special teams so he gets beat up...other then that no thanx....alot of better options then him...plus he'd want to much money for legal fees and ammo.[/Quote] LMAO, And I think he needs a new gun. wasn't the other one confiscated?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Marvin Harrison

Well, if you pick up Harrison, at least you know he'll keep those renegade ball boys in line.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Marvin Harrison

A good fit? Are you crazy? He is not tough enough to play in NE, he is and always has been soft just like all dome players he is a big softy with gun problems.

Sections
Shortcuts