1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tredawnt. Show tredawnt's posts

Matt Cassel= blind squirrel

Good grief! Some people are just never satisfied!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Espnetboy3. Show Espnetboy3's posts

Funny how the same people posted this thread during game time saying Cassel looks aweful, then today all im reading and i believe so as well is how Cassel tooka big step yesterday and played well, the biggest pro for him is he bounces back and has short term memory which is HUGE but his con is that he needs better pocket awareness. The o-line was to blame for 2 or 3 and Cassel was to blame on 2 or 3 for not riding the ball quick enough. We chalked up a W so be happy

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FATGUY. Show FATGUY's posts

THE PATRIOTS ARE IN NEGOTIAONS WITH DAUNTE CULPEPPER HE COULD BE SIGNED AND READY TO GO WHEN THE RETURN HOME ON THE 19TH

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nicks120. Show nicks120's posts

cassel for president!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Cassel is getting better with every start. he is seeing more of the field during plays, he has a short memory when he makes a mistake and he can go deep when it is open, by the end of the year he will look like a starter or at least a great back up. get off his back he just had his best game of the year. Watch the Lions and then tell me he sucks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtbr1975. Show mtbr1975's posts

[Quote]THE PATRIOTS ARE IN NEGOTIAONS WITH DAUNTE CULPEPPER HE COULD BE SIGNED AND READY TO GO WHEN THE RETURN HOME ON THE 19TH[/Quote]

Wow, the Pats have lost 1 game this season with Cassell at the helm and you want to throw him aside? How pathetic are you?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from changes1677. Show changes1677's posts

No matter what anyone says or does cassel isnt and wont be another tom brady. but he is gettin the job done so far. We just got spoiled from brady being so freakin good. We were used to close on the wire type games. They actually will make the team stronger. And i think as time goes on MC will get better and better. Just remember he isnt tom brady so give the guy a break. I hate it as much as everyone else that brady is injured trust me bout that one.

lol it does make me laugh though considering its gonna be cassels 3rd career start and its agaisnt SD. Bradys 3rd career start was agaisnt SD. Look at bradys numbers though..

33 for 54/364 yds/2 td 0 int

he was just destined for greatness huh? lol
    heres hoping for a bradyesque game from cassel

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

test

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

How about we hope for a W, winning is all that matters in football it does not have to be pretty,

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andre10056. Show andre10056's posts

Having just read through the posts on this thread, I'm pretty amazed by the very negative posts that were input early on. I have to believe that it was the same person using different screen names to post carbon copy messages critical of Matt Cassell.

In my opinion, Matt Cassell played great. He managed the game as effectively as any quarterback can manage a game. The huge disparity between the Patriots' time of possession and the 49ers' time of possession puts an exclamation point on Cassell's efficiency. The 49ers defense could not get the Patriots offense off the field.

As for his decision making, excellent. No crazy throws, patience in the pocket (rather than cutting and running like a scared rabbit whenever the heat was on), and checking off covered receivers and delivering the ball to open receivers OR throwing the ball away OR taking the sack as appropriate.

And all this after just a few games working with the starting unit and actually playing in games rather than just practice. I couldn't believe how good Cassell played.

Yes. Maybe Cassell missed seeing a wide open receiver on one occasion. But didn't Brady and don't all other quarterbacks do the same? As Steve Young said in the booth during the game, it's a lot easier from "up here" rather than on the field. Try playing the game on the field with linemen, etc. rushing all over the place and see if you see 100% of what's going on.

And, as far as Cassell underthrowing Moss on one occasion, people have short memories. The rap on Brady for years was that he didn't have the touch to complete the long pass but could effectively dink and dunk and have his reveivers get yardage after the catch. That criticism disappeared only last year with the arrival of Moss.

Cassel is now 3 and 1. That should be good enough by anyone's standards.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from changes1677. Show changes1677's posts

Keep the wins coming and ill be happy