1. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

McAdam:Good-bye Varitek,hello Kottaras

Good, I say stick it to Boras any way you can. Boras is in the process of bringing down baseball with his clients. I don't even want to watch baseball knowing that you can buy a world series. Tell Varatek and his 200 average to sign with the Yanks for 30 Mil a year!

Go Bruins/ Pats / Celts
    and soxs

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

Seems to me that every time Boras has
    a prize client he sticks it to the Red sox
    and goes straight to the Yankees and
    leans on his clients in that direction. so..
    we should tell Varitek to go sign with
    the Yankees....he'll like the Bronx. Good
    riddance...he swings like a rusty gate
    anyway. Every day he waits Boston out,
    should be an indication he will not return..
    so who cares !! How many rallies did he
    kill last season with his slow bat ??? The
    Fly8 is right on the money !!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from djkg. Show djkg's posts

To me, the more time that goes without Tek getting offers the MORE LIKELY he is coming back. He will be back. This front office is smart. You think they want to trade away young pitching when they know all they have to do is pony up 2 yrs for Tek?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SleeStack1. Show SleeStack1's posts

[Quote]Good, I say stick it to Boras any way you can. Boras is in the process of bringing down baseball with his clients. I don't even want to watch baseball knowing that you can buy a world series. Tell Varatek and his 200 average to sign with the Yanks for 30 Mil a year!

Go Bruins/ Pats / Celts
    and soxs[/Quote]

Do, praytell, let us know what team you think has BOUGHT a World Series in this century. You may not like the real answer though. The closest team that COULD be accused of 'buying a world series' is Boston.

Very funny!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from keepmanny7. Show keepmanny7's posts

[Quote]Seems to me that every time Boras has
    a prize client he sticks it to the Red sox
    and goes straight to the Yankees and
    leans on his clients in that direction. so..
    we should tell Varitek to go sign with
    the Yankees....he'll like the Bronx. Good
    riddance...he swings like a rusty gate
    anyway. Every day he waits Boston out,
    should be an indication he will not return..
    so who cares !! How many rallies did he
    kill last season with his slow bat ??? The
    Fly8 is right on the money !!!
    [/Quote]

you mean one time boras stuck it to the red sox and went straight to the yankees? one time is quite a bit different than "every time".

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from baseballdiamond. Show baseballdiamond's posts

There's little question that Bard can hit better than .220, but do we know anything about what his skills are as a catcher? So much is made of Varitek and his preparation, but do we know if Bard has that potential?

Why don't our beloved sportswriters make a call or two to ask the Padre's pitching staff about Bard?

He doesn't seem to have any pop, so he's probably not a long-term answer, but he might just be the starting catcher opening day.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

What about Lo Duca? He's a scrappy guy who doesn't strike out much. Even though he's 36, I think he could give the Sox a good year or two.
    What do you think?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from keepmanny7. Show keepmanny7's posts

all the haters here were pointing to Bard's offensive numbers in 2006 after he left here like he was a perennial all star. funny how hater sentiment changes with the color of a new uniform.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from baseballdiamond. Show baseballdiamond's posts

I guess the Sox will figure it out. Maybe they have their eye on a free agent from next year's crop? There just aren't that many impact catchers in the league, never mind trying to shop for one.