1. You have chosen to ignore posts from XLMM. Show XLMM's posts

middlesex league hockey

I figured someone would make that comment.I think they can run with most any line in the league but obviously didn't produce against melrose.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from allrightythen. Show allrightythen's posts

middlesex league hockey

[Quote]I figured someone would make that comment.I think they can run with most any line in the league but obviously didn't produce against melrose.[/Quote]

Melrose is going to make some noise. I think they are underrated this year and will pull of an upset or two.
    It's going to get toughter for that Lexington line 2nd half the season because even the weaker teams are going to realize that if they take #4 out of the play the line will struggle. He does all the dirty work, atleast that's what I saw against Wakefield, maybe that's changed. And why does Lexington insist on changing uniforms every few years, especially in this economy? Since when does wearing the latest style translate into winning hockey games? It's not a fashion show.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from XLMM. Show XLMM's posts

middlesex league hockey

Yeah i don't really see what that has to do with anything, but my guess is that with the new coach came new everything. You're right it not necessary but it's really not that rediculous.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from allrightythen. Show allrightythen's posts

middlesex league hockey

Nice win Wakefield, hope you guys do well 2nd half. 4-0 shut-out of a good team is a great way to start.

So is anybody still on the fence about Burlington and Winchester? Might be 2 super 8 candidates from the middlese league.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from allrightythen. Show allrightythen's posts

middlesex league hockey

[Quote]lexington was shorthanded the whole 3rd period, they looked pretty strong in the second though, rough first period, dug themselves a deep hole going down 4-1[/Quote]

You Burlington was somehow able to stop Lexington's incredible 1st line? Impossible. Oh wait...that's right, you're blaming the refs because they were shorthanded for the "whole 3rd period". Here's an idea, score more goals and don't take as many penalties.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

middlesex league hockey

Listen all, Good speed will always put you at the top,like most of the catholics.Every year some publics have it also.Its going to come down to the clutch goal scorers in the end.The two -three kids that make a difference.IE the Rockets last year.Some cream must rise with either Winchester or Burlington for them to go deap.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ServerNotServant. Show ServerNotServant's posts

middlesex league hockey

Does anyone seriously wonder why kids are more arrogant and entitled than ever? Could someone please give role model and coach John Messuri from Winchester one of the Patriot's "humble pie" T-shirts...

Today's Globe: "Burlington came hard. They have a very good team," said Winchester coach John Messuri. "But our systems kicked in and our goalie did what he does and that's that."

Imaging saying "our systems kicked in," and making that comment about the goalie who is your nephew? What an egotist.

What happened to humility, class and great sportsmanship?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ServerNotServant. Show ServerNotServant's posts

middlesex league hockey

If you think his nephew was the difference in the game, you weren't at the game, or you missed a significant portion of it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ServerNotServant. Show ServerNotServant's posts

middlesex league hockey

I saw the entire game.

"middleman," Please quote the source and exact quote of the Burlington coach regarding the Winchester goalie being the difference in the game. Give us a legitimate source. Conjecture doesn't count.

The Burlington goalie actually made more 1-1 sensational saves than the Winchester goalie, total shots on net aside.

To say, "our systems kicked in," is just plain arrogant, like it was only a matter of time before our intellectual and physical prowess took over. You find out what people's true colors are by their consistent actions over time. Messuri, and his puppet followers, for that matter, are exposed once again.
    Pompous, boorish, behavior, year in and year out, is so moronic and transparent, and not a good example for impressionable student athletes.

Just one guy's opinion, not settling any score.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from allrightythen. Show allrightythen's posts

middlesex league hockey

Middleman7-4..you make a lot of sense. Mucco is more than likely from Winchester, just a hunch because of the following statement

Messuri, and his puppet followers, for that matter, are exposed once again.

Pompous, boorish, behavior, year in and year out, is so moronic and transparent, and not a good example for impressionable student athletes.

Mucco sounds bitter, maybe his kid isn't getting the ice time he had hoped. Who knows. We heard this last year from the Reading parents calling for the coach's head.

Keep up the good work middleman.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ServerNotServant. Show ServerNotServant's posts

middlesex league hockey

You find out what people's true colors are by their consistent actions over time. Time will tell how this plays out. Messuri's true colors will be exposed. It's interesting, and very telling, that you're being evasive about my character assertions. The truth hurts.

Your quote is conjecture, and conjecture doesn't count.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ServerNotServant. Show ServerNotServant's posts

middlesex league hockey

You forgot the quote and the newspaper.

Regardless, we're all entitled to our own opinions. My opinion is that the goalie wasn't the difference in the game.

Any way you slice it, Messuri and his comments are arrogant.

Predictable, sophomoric, childish, response from you.

Nice originality with your adjectives.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

middlesex league hockey

Two good hockey towns Burlington and Winchester.Sounds like the coaches tried to comment on the outcome ( a close game)and make them each look good in a way.Its done all the time.Bottom line here is,they both must each find some scoring ability against good teams,or they arent going anywhere,I dont care whos in net.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from allrightythen. Show allrightythen's posts

middlesex league hockey

UNHbound...want to retract your statement?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from allrightythen. Show allrightythen's posts

middlesex league hockey

[Quote][Quote]

You people are making way too much out of comments that came from a newspaper "after the game" interview. The Coach said nothing out of line or arrogant. I've seen him coach and he does a great job. Plays everyone and he has a great system. Too bad the Reading coaches don't stick to a system like that. This year's Reading team has alot of talent and probably the best goalie in the league but still has 5 losses. This is a matter of the coaching and I don't care what allrightythen thinks or says.

[/Quote]
    Systems are overrated. Hard work and determination trumps a system any day of the week. Messuri's a good coach becuase he keeps the kids motivated and ready to compete. reading showed tonigh that you have to do it every game in the middlesex...Burlington hangover for Winchester, they may have peaked a bit early, but going to with hold judgement.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

middlesex league hockey

With 2 bad loses on the road,this Reading team sounds young.They must be able to leave their building and play well if they are to go anywhere.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from warriors3. Show warriors3's posts

middlesex league hockey

how bout them wakefield warriors puttin in 13 goals vs stoneham

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

middlesex league hockey

Look around at some scores, cm-xaverian,needham-xaverian,weymouth-needham,with all the choice that the catholics have,why are they not so much better?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from allrightythen. Show allrightythen's posts

middlesex league hockey

[Quote][Quote]

You people are making way too much out of comments that came from a newspaper "after the game" interview. The Coach said nothing out of line or arrogant. I've seen him coach and he does a great job. Plays everyone and he has a great system. Too bad the Reading coaches don't stick to a system like that. This year's Reading team has alot of talent and probably the best goalie in the league but still has 5 losses. This is a matter of the coaching and I don't care what allrightythen thinks or says.

So why don't you tell us exactly what it is that he does wrong that another coach would do better? Be specific. Is it the break out? The PK? The Powerplay? Spell it out if you know so much. What's the diagnosis? Break it down for us. What's the fix?

Don't give us the excuse that he doesn't motivate his players, that's a load of crap and an excuse used by people who can't be honest with themselves. And by the way....Messurri only plays players that GET THE JOB DONE, not everyone. That's why they win. Kind of like how Reading played it's best players as much as they could last year so they could win the title. That's what it's all about. Go back to youth hockey if you want your equal ice time.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

middlesex league hockey

Obama is in,free speech,fairness,equality.Is that not for what we all want? Its high school hockey.99.9% of these kids are going nowhere!!!! Allrightythen,chill,you say high school hockey has no talent anyway.Still living in your 80s 90s glory days of placing kids out of high school? How many Reading,Winchester,parents could give a ---- about there hockey team finishing first, 150 maybee?Get a life!!!! Its about the kids.When will the adults learn?Thats what public education is all about,serving the kids.When it just benefits the adults something has gone wrong. You sound like a private guy,win,win,who wins the adults????? Go to a Stoneham-Watertown practice,those kids know why they show up.Grow up, its not all about winning in life.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from supersoph. Show supersoph's posts

middlesex league hockey

Winchester is Reading's B**ch. When is the last time The Sachems beat Reading, a few years anyway. BTW, what happened to the big time 3 returning jr fowards for Reading, flop and slop, maybe 3 goals between them?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from allrightythen. Show allrightythen's posts

middlesex league hockey

[Quote]Obama is in,free speech,fairness,equality.Is that not for what we all want? Its high school hockey.99.9% of these kids are going nowhere!!!! Allrightythen,chill,you say high school hockey has no talent anyway.Still living in your 80s 90s glory days of placing kids out of high school? How many Reading,Winchester,parents could give a ---- about there hockey team finishing first, 150 maybee?Get a life!!!! Its about the kids.When will the adults learn?Thats what public education is all about,serving the kids.When it just benefits the adults something has gone wrong. You sound like a private guy,win,win,who wins the adults????? Go to a Stoneham-Watertown practice,those kids know why they show up.Grow up, its not all about winning in life.[/Quote]

Moron....Youth Hockey is about the kids. High School hockey, about making the team and earning a spot. Kind of like life. It's a taste of the real world. That's why they have cuts. Deal with it, if you stink find something else or work extra hard to make yourself better, there are no entitlements. If your kid is not getting enough ice tell him to work harder or find a new sport. Sorry, that's life...time to deal with it. Stop blaming coaches.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

middlesex league hockey

Moron?, look who never grew up.There is a balance between the right thing to do and the wrong thing to do.Its called character.Just because you have a lot of money,or wins,does not entitle you to this.That my friend is life.When coaches lose their balance,its boards like this that can bring to light.Winchester,Reading,Burlington,woburn ect,kids have alot of passion and a history of winning,there is nothing wrong with that,but the adults need to keep it all in perspective.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

middlesex league hockey

I am talking about current D1 highschool hockey,not any other sports to make that clear.Does it say that for Div. 2 hockey also? If not all those kids are not learning any life lessons? I wonder why they did not use the word "win" instead of "compete"?Hey look steaktips,allrightythen,whatever your name is,all I am saying is maybee some adults involved in this highshool D1 hockey should tone it down a bit,and let the kids have some fun while it lasts,before they start work and or college.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from allrightythen. Show allrightythen's posts

middlesex league hockey

[Quote]

Moron?, look who never grew up.There is a balance between the right thing to do and the wrong thing to do.Its called character.Just because you have a lot of money,or wins,does not entitle you to this.That my friend is life.When coaches lose their balance,its boards like this that can bring to light.Winchester,Reading,Burlington,woburn ect,kids have alot of passion and a history of winning,there is nothing wrong with that,but the adults need to keep it all in perspective.

[/Quote]
    Character is not ripping a coach behind his back on a message board. Character is telling your kids that if he wants more ice time that he should work harder to improve. Character is being happy for Messuri's nephew who played a great game against Burlington.

Sections
Shortcuts