1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xthirdimpact. Show xthirdimpact's posts

Mike Lowell: updates, negotiations, etc.

I agree with your frame of mind,...but not,...all your....periods that you....used to separate...youre sentences...and not proper grammar.....maybe its an "engineering thing",...i dont ..........know.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dragonhunter. Show dragonhunter's posts

In addition to Mike's value to the Sox, which is considerable, what value should be placed on not allowing the Yankees to aquire him?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamalot23. Show jamalot23's posts

I agree moving Youk is not the answer to replacing Lowell. That is one thing that I believe most logical fans would agree on. Theo has assembled the team that has won 2 out of the last 4 World Series. He has earned the respect from fans that he has a clue and we won't be seeing Joe Suckwad playing 3rd for us next year. He has a plan. I for one never saw the Beckett deal coming when it was announced. I just think he keeps everything low key and then bam you get the news of a deal. I just got a feeling Rolen might be the guy if they don't want to overpay Arod or Lowell.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mascmen7. Show mascmen7's posts

Sorry you missed it but Crisp is Damon's replacement not Drew who replaced Nixon. Crisp is a great fielder but rarely gets on base so was a sure out. Gave up Bard and other prospects to get Crisp. With your pompous tone I thought you were some high and mighty employee in front office. Obviously, you are not as you can not get your players straight.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mascmen7. Show mascmen7's posts

Theo was not a Red Sox employee when Beckett and Lowell were acquired so disabuse yourself of the fact that Theo obtained Lowell. Now he is sending him away. Really bright, don't you think? Brilliant say some on this thread.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxidiotwoman. Show redsoxidiotwoman's posts

Unfortunately I agree that Lowell will go and yes its probably due to greed but that would be his agent's greed. These guys have absolutely no loyalty to any team or fan base just their personal bank accounts. They should all be banned from baseball.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamalot23. Show jamalot23's posts

The value of stopping the Yankees from overpaying him is 0. I hope they overpay him like they did Damon. Now Damon has 2 years left and is a 4th outfielder at best at $12 million per. I can't wait to see Lowell's numbers in Pinstripes at 36 years old with 2-3 years left paying him $15 million per. I didn't think the yankees could get older, but replacing Arod with Lowell will certainly make them do just that. I don't blame Lowell for wanting to make as much as possible, but just admit it. This BS that he is willing to take a home town discount because he loves playing for the Sox is blatant BS. The like of which we haven't seen since Clemens signed with Toronto because he wanted to play closer to home (only Clemens would actually say that after signing north of Boston).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wilkcards. Show wilkcards's posts

No way the sox will, or should give Lowell 4 years. His numbers are sure to fall off in 2008, and beyond. He did a great job in his two years here, but he definitely won't be getting 5 years from anyone, and I doubt he'll get 60m/4 either. They should move youk to third, put Ortiz at first and sign Barry Bonds as DH.

Naw, I think A-Rod is coming. What the hell is with all you people? Who wouldn't want A-Rod? Yeah, he might have an ego problem, but wouldn't you? He's the best player in the game by a long shot.

Re-sign Lowell, give Lugo away, and put A-Rod at short.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamalot23. Show jamalot23's posts

We never traded Bard for Crisp. We actually traded Marte (who we got for Rent a wreck) who hasn't done anything, Shoppoch, and Mota for BARD, Crisp, and Riski. As bad as Crisp has been offensively he is one of the best defensive center fielders and will be good trade bait this offseason as Ellsbury will take over.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonlexington. Show bostonlexington's posts

Did the Sox make a mistake about Lowell?

Let's see, who was that player that won the World Series MVP???

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz1. Show chazz1's posts

At this point the Sox have not given Lowell their final offer and he hasn't signed with the dreaded Yankees. If he signs with Boston he will be doing the Sox a favor. That Yankees might go 4 @ 60 to get Lowell . Theo will not match that and ANYBODY that thinks he should, does not understand The 'New" Sox. ARod or Miggy will both have better 08 seasons than Lowell. What does it take for some of you to be true believers . Theo won't leave a gaping hole in the defending champions lineup . We will have the best team and be favotites to repeat in 08 . COUNT ON IT

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamalot23. Show jamalot23's posts

Please disabuse yourself of the fact that Theo was not being consulted by those making the decisions when Beckett was acquired with Lowell as a THROW IN that no one wanted. No one should take credit for getting Lowell. That was pure luck that he decided to turn it around when his fat contract was coming up. Funny he flat lined after signing that deal and only when it was coming to an end did he perform.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamalot23. Show jamalot23's posts

1. If you thought Renteria was ever going to do anything here you are an idiot.

2. If you think Shoppach or Marte are big time prospects you are a blundering idiot.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamalot23. Show jamalot23's posts

The only advantage the Yankees have is outspending everyone by $70 million. Everyone on this board could probably be the GM of a team with a $210 million payroll and still win 85-90 games. Cashman is the most overrated GM in baseball.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz1. Show chazz1's posts

Fred

It looks like we lost a knight from our side of the chess board. Now it is our move. Whatever we do we cannot take a step backward. It's coming down to Arod or Miggy and all the baggage and talent involved. It's not going to be simple.

For the record I think the Sox win 100+ games with ARod in 08. BUT ....................

I also think they win 100+ in 2011 with Miggy

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aoxsouthone. Show aoxsouthone's posts

Well since Theo elected to let Lowell walk, he should trade for Miguel Cabrera or sign A-Rod, since A-Rod will only cost $$$$, no young player and money, (plus down the line his bat will replace Manny's bat) the sox have plenty of, plus A-Rod has a chip on his shoulder developed by Torre batting him 8th in the lineup during the serie with Detroit.

ThaSox South

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamalot23. Show jamalot23's posts

You guys are living in fantasy land. Sign him for 4 years and trade him after 2 when he isn't worth anything and makes a ton. Try asking the yankees if they have any takers for Damon???????????? It will be the same with Lowell after 2 years guaranteed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz1. Show chazz1's posts

Some fans are in LOVE with Lowell. That fact is clouding their assessment . He had a great season let him cash in if NY wants to throw 55 - 60 mil at him than I say " Good for him "

Clement is gone ... Lowell probably gone ... Gagne gone... Crisp probably gone

Lets see what our Boy Theo can do wit an EXTRA 30mil a year. I like our position.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from yazfan64. Show yazfan64's posts

Exactly, Theo is gonna do some good stuff. He knows what he is doing folks. I understand that they place a value on a player and a boundry to work within. This team is built with a nice foundation and the pitching is deep. Farm looks good with nice young talent. I want Mikey back as bad as anyone and beleive that the Magic can go on for another 3-4yrs. Thats long enough For Lowell's contract to run out. 4yrs. Theo, around 48m . We need to keep the good guys. He fits and it makes sense. If that rotten boss in N.Y gets him it will be more drama than you need. He ain't Damon, he's not in decline, the guy will be solid for atleast 3yrs. What is the risk, in 4? So what , an additional yr is that steep of a risk. Not like the production he will put up against ya! Sign him big guy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from winklemeis. Show winklemeis's posts

Do you think the Sox should have given 4 years to Damon or Pedro?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajachilles. Show ajachilles's posts

Please check all statistics before casting a line. Mike Lowellis aclass act, But over the last 4 years he has averaged 15 homers and62 RBI, this last season was an outlier, statistically. Is this reallyworth 4 years and 13-15 mil per. Kaso Gabbard was on the DL in texasfor 4 weeks. He is regarded as a #5 starter. Look at Bronson Arroyo andhis record of 4-12 and ERA of about 5.50! I think Drew needs to getused to AL. He did bat .288 over last 2 months and he was .400 in theplayoffs.

You should take your own advice there pal. If you take out Lowell's dismal '05 his 3 year avg for '04, '06 and '07 is 22 HR, 95 RBI, 42 doubles, 81 runs... not to mention his GG caliber defense. '05 is the outlier in his career. He did have a huge RBI year and I attribute that to Manny and Papi leaving men on base for him to drive in.

I still think Lowell comes back, I predicted 3 years 39 mil the day after the WS and I don't think I'll end up that far off.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sikhandi. Show sikhandi's posts

Forget about Lowell ,,,,,SIGN A-ROD.............

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxdave1. Show bosoxdave1's posts

If Lowell goes, I would suggest moving Youk to third and pursuing Carlos Pena, a reborn firstbasenman who hit 46 dingers for Tampa Bay this year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from duckman. Show duckman's posts

I'd like to keep Mike Lowell also, but at what price?? I do not think the Red Sox should pay a 34 year old $60 million for 4 years..This year was the best of his career. His average over 8 years is 40 points lower than it was this year..