1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz1. Show chazz1's posts

Mike Lowell: updates, negotiations, etc.

The team with the worst Post Season record in this century will be signing the worst Post Season cleanup hitter in history for ten years and almost a quarter of a million dollars.

Did I miss anything ???

Chazz, make that a quarter of a billion dollars.

Thats even worse LOL

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

In answer to your question, other than Babe Ruth the other big loser deal to the Yankees was trading away all-star relieer Sparky Lyle, who helped lead them to World Series titles in the 70s.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Culo-Grande. Show Culo-Grande's posts

I hereby impart upon Mike Lowell a Sicilian Curse. I can't say what it is, but you'll know it when you see it.

Greed is a terrible thing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfc. Show soxfc's posts

I once heard Lowell quoted - by NESN, I believe - as saying that he loves the game so much that if players only got $40k, he'd still play baseball for a living. Hmm.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomjoad544. Show tomjoad544's posts

I doubt these reports are accuarte. If they are then there are only three teams as per the link below.

I also doubt the Braves as they has said they are happy with Chipper at 3rd. Sounds like it would the the Yankees and the Sox. Not sure why the Yankees as Micheal Kay on his radio show has been saying that if the Sox do not want to give a 4th year there is a reason. Yanks were burned on Damon and are not happy about it. Not sure they would take the chance again. If A-Rod signs I am not sure there are that many offer out there for Lowell.

http://www.stltoday.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=501612

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

If Lowell has indicated he would like to stay in Boston, and from the way the team is currently set up, he will have many more opportunities to win more WS rings, I wonder what is holding up his signing? He has been offered a reported 3 year deal worth 35-40 million, is that right? A significant raise over what he is making now. So, if HE wants to sign, what is the hold up? Is it his agent who is trying to hold up the Sox or is it Lowell saying to his agency I want the most money I can get? Will he be happy anywhere if he is making more money regardless of winning? I wonder how important being happy & winning is versus making more money and hopefully being in a winning situation is to Lowell.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz1. Show chazz1's posts

Nice Try Stupid,

Take a look at your numbers while the player are with The Red Sox and The Yankees.

Arod has hit .244 in the PS with NY. If You look at his last 3 years [his prime lol ] it is a joke in the PS.

Did he hit his weight ???? How many RBI in the last 3 years ????? HR ?????

For a little perspective look at Manny and Papi , maybe 2 of the best PS duo ever.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from deggy24. Show deggy24's posts

I'm not sure why the Sox don't offer Mike 12 for 3 and pay him (or his estate) 1 million per year once he hits 40 for 10 years ... better tax situation ....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

I don't know if 7Sports reports are correct. But I do find it hard to believe that 4 teams are willing to go 4 years with Lowell, while Red Sos are only ones who won't? Sounds like these reports are being leaked by Lowells agents trying to get more $ + years for thier client.

If reports are true expect Red Sox to move on. We won without Pedro, Damon, Lowe, etc. and we'll win with out Lowell if it comes down to it. Joe Crede if healthy for Coco, could quite easily step in and do the same job as Lowell, very good defensively and a good bat. Remember just 2 years ago, there were a lot of Red Sox fans who wanted Lowell gone. Can't fall in love with a career year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz1. Show chazz1's posts

Joba ,

You sound so familiar,....... are you sure we haven't met somewhere ???

LOL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shammy30. Show shammy30's posts

I think Lowell should be signed for a 4-year deal, perhaps 4 years, $50 million, with incentives. The main reason this is considered risky is his age - because he'd be a 39-year old 3rd baseman. However.... If he ages too much to play 3rd base towards the end of the contract, they can flip him to 1st and flip Youk (who is young enough) back to 3rd.

Whatever the case, don't lose this guy!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pjjamaica. Show pjjamaica's posts

HAY!!!!!! Yea You up in the front office---WAKE UP!!!!!! .Think of all the mistakes you made in the past by either trading away a great prospect or picking up a free agent that did not work out the way you thought it would.You now have a great 3rd baseman(gold glove!!), and a great team player, and your worried about giving him a 4th year? Come on Theo--Mr Henry, and all the rest of you---open up the wallet and SIGN MIKE NOW!!!!!!!!! If you let him go, it will be another bonehead move by all of you, and if it happens---SHAME ON ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!! Mikey--you are the BEST!!!!! pjjamaica@yahoo.com

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobo9. Show bobo9's posts

4 yrs - 55 to 60 mil. He's earned it, let's get the job done Theo!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I believe Lowell wants that 4th year... if the Sox offer 4 @ 50, will he take that? Or something like 4 @ 50, with first 3 guaranteed ar 40 Mil with an option year for the 4th at 10Mil or more?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nycdonohue. Show nycdonohue's posts

Yeah, I hope LOVELL plays for the yanks next year. He's a great player, that LOVELL.
    By the way, if shaving a guy's moustache brings the same result to the yankees next year as it did this year, bring on the razors!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz1. Show chazz1's posts

Hey Fred,

If The Yankees want to raise the stakes I say "fine". Try this on for size.

Youk and Crisp + a great prospect for Miggy at 1st . Giving us a middle of

Papi, Manny, Miggy, Lowell absolutely the BEST in the business 130 hr 500rbi .315

If we stand pat with Lowell we win the East again, if Theo pulls the trigger on a big one we go for a 100 win season. We have a lot of cards to play and unlike the rookie ownership in NY, Theo has NOT tipped his hand.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz1. Show chazz1's posts

Fred

I thought Nomar got a ring in 04 ???? I know he was traded but I remember something about them voting or something ????

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz1. Show chazz1's posts

How has it changed..................

Lets see The Sox got the best end of a deal [Damon} with NY Thats 'new'

The Sox are now the never say die 'clutch' Play Off team Thats 'new'

The Yankees are the worst Post Season 'choke' artists of this century Thats 'new'

The Sox are the biggest Draw on the road in baseball Thats 'new'

The Sox are the 1st place team Thats 'new'

I have a lot more or is that enough ????

Baseball has really changed from a Sox fans perspective.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz1. Show chazz1's posts

Head case Ted,

I'm glad I got a rise out of you with a shot of reality BUT I think you are responding to the wrong person.

C

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz1. Show chazz1's posts

Here is the message you are replying to:
    Message # 40966.1603
    Posted by ClayS on 6:02 PM

The Boston Red Sox "Team of the Century" 2004 and 2007 World Champions

The Red Sox were looking like the team of the last century as well, 1903, 1912, 1915, 1916, 1918.

But then the Yankees won 26 World Championships in the remainder of that century.

So maybe its too early to tell who will be the "Team of the Century" this century.

Stay tuned my friend.

Don't be a dumb guy ! do the math we have won .28% of the WS titles in THIS Century.

Logically we will Win 28 in this century . It's VERY simple

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz1. Show chazz1's posts

Is there some part of the number ONE that you don't understand.

When was the last time The Yanks even won a Playoff series ??

Until NY finds a way to solve their Post Season Brain Fart ,they are a non factor in the W/S

Ironically ARod their biggest investment's is also their biggest Post Season disappointment ?

Age , conflicting ego's, bad chemistry, undo pressure by the Owner etc etc ..etc ... until they change their fundamental approach they will NOT be there in OCT.

Without ARod NY misses the playoffs WITH ARod they can't win in the Post Season.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tetonman50. Show tetonman50's posts

Look stupid,

Well first please tell me are all you Yankee fans this dumb?? PLEASE sign Lovell or who ever this guy is, to play what ever position you want, at what ever the cost, for as long as you like.......All we sox fans want is to resign Mike LoWell, one of ours, to play 3rd base.

BTW, Congrats on getting ARod back........... Sad to see what was once such a proud franchise have to eat crow, and beg the guy to come back to a team he would rather not play for.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomjoad544. Show tomjoad544's posts

I love how all the Boston tv stations think they know what is going on. Last night the Cardinals were one of the teams that had offered a contract and that was not true. Down here in NJ/NY they have been saying that there is now way they will give him 4 years. Who knows how many if any other offers he has gotten. Look at what the market was for the best player out there. The market is not that strong . I have no "inside info" but if there was big offer out there why would Mike not have taken it yet. If someone is offering a 4th year then why has he not taken it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfc. Show soxfc's posts

Just saw this article apparently about an event that took place today:

Mike Lowell Honored At Epiphany Catholic School

The baseball star has two World Series rings. He is now a free agent with a chance to sign for big money, but he said he fits in Boston.

"There are certain teams and stadiums that have a different aura, and Fenway is one of them," Lowell said.

Does this mean anything?? Or is this just posturing? He always seemed so sincere...

Ha, I didn't realize his degree is in finance. That could explain a lot. ;)