1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kath0321. Show kath0321's posts

Mitchell Report: ALL names talk here

Why is this discussion topic all about Clemens when our Captain is also on that list?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmerrill. Show bmerrill's posts

who cares about CLemens. Jason Varitek is on the report. The Captain...this is hurtful.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from emcee414. Show emcee414's posts

Does not surprise me one single bit. Maybe Dan Duquette was right about the "twilight" of his career after all, cause the only reason for his "resurgence" was the juice!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nautic3727. Show nautic3727's posts

Surprise! Surprise!

It's not normal for someone his age to be able to still pitch so well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from backnine. Show backnine's posts

"they screwed us in '05? when we lost to the white sox? '03. irregardless of the steroids you should be mad at grady."

Not for nothing, but if you are going to be the corrections police when a guy obviously slipped and said '05 instead of '03 (oh, the horror), you should know that "irregardless" is not a word; the word is "regardless" meaning "without regard"

This issue is comical because it highlights the obvious dichotomy in the sports world. Some say that there should be asterisks everywhere. Others say that this is not an issue because everyone does it, blah, blah, blah.

The real issue is that the guys who actually honored and respected themselves and the game enough not to take anything got screwed. Remember Mike Greenwell?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from eddiewilson. Show eddiewilson's posts

lucy, maybe you've been hiding under a rock but please tell me that this isn't a drastic change in a body type....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottmcl. Show scottmcl's posts

I'm hearing:

Jason Varitek, Trot Nixon, Nomar, Offerman, Rich Garces, Mo Vaughn

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kate0322. Show kate0322's posts

I love how he is pictured in a Yankee hat when he is outed and yet all Sox fans want him wearing a Sox hat in to the HOF

I don't know one Sox fan that wants Roger to go into the HOF in a Red Sox cap. The Red Sox fan base - at least those that I know - washed their hands clean of him a long time ago. Yankees are welcome to having him go in with their hat.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehick. Show thehick's posts

If you look at the stats over time....Clemens dramatically improved his power stats in Boston between 1995 (IP140, ERA 4.18, WHIP 1.43, 132K) and 1996 (IP 242.7, ERA 3.63, WHIP 1.32, 257K). Note that Mr. Juiced Canseco joined the Boston squad in 1995.

Clemens in 1998 (as a Blue Jay) IP 234, ERA 2.65, WHIP 1.09, 271 K. Canseco in 1998? 46 HR...as a Blue Jay.

Clemens in 1999-2000 as a NYY? Increase in wins (13 to 20), increase in IP (187-204), increase in K (163-188), decrease in WHIP (1.46-1.31). Canseco? Finished the season as a Yankee.

Jose admitted to 'roids. Clemens always seemed to do very well when and where Jose turned up.

Coincidence?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bbruins64. Show bbruins64's posts

It is not to obvious. Look at the way is body has blownup just like Bonds. He has had a free ride for to long. Everyone has had there say about Bonds but why not Clemens.

all of a sudden he leaves Boston after 4 sucky years and becomes a stud again.

That's what he gets for moving closer to home - Toronto!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from atomicpup. Show atomicpup's posts

That list that everyone keeps posting hasn't been confirmed by anyone. The news website that posted it is now saying it contains errors. I think we should just wait an hour and a half to hear the official list.

Having said that, I've long suspected Nomar as well. I can't remember when I first suspected him but it was cemented for me this past summer when NESN showed Clemens' 20 strikeout game against the Tigers. Nomar was a late season callup and played in that game. He was built like a broomstick. I had forgotten how skinny he was when he first came up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from eddiewilson. Show eddiewilson's posts

saint, thats because its not the ACTUAL list. notice the:

""The following names are expected to be named in the report, according to WNBC:"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehick. Show thehick's posts

I suspected Nomar when he started having mysterious tendon injuries...remember that split tendon in his wrist? At the time, the orthos were saying they had never seen an injury like that! I Missing half a season after being hit on the achilles by a foul ball in spring training? hear that steroid use weakens those tendons....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

How are you feeling now about your statement? Based on the reported leaked names from the Mitchell Report, I guess we can name the 2004 Sox as cheaters also.

Don't penalize the teams that succeeded just because they had alleged steroid takers on their roster.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from atomicpup. Show atomicpup's posts

Damon is another guy I've long suspected. If you haven't noticed, I've long suspected a lot of players. I literally made a list with notes of why I suspected them. With Damon it was for two reasons:

1. He played on the A's where there seemed to be a steroid culture that started with McGwire and Canseco and was passed on to the Giambis, Tejada etc... When a guy like Damon who isn't too smart to begin with sees a bunch of guys doing the stuff without any consequences why wouldn't he do it. He did get bigger that he was in KC. This could have been just normal growth of an athlete. It wasn't so obvious that it had to be steroids. However:

2. When Canseco's book came out and everyone started talking about steroids Damon made some unsolicited comments that made me suspicious. Someone was interviewing him (in Spring Training I think) about the normal mundane stuff and he started talking about how he could go up to 280 pounds of muscle naturally because his father was a bodybuilder. He was saying this in a way that sounded defensive and at the time noone suspected him and the defense had nothing to do with what was being asked.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from atomicpup. Show atomicpup's posts

suspected Nomar when he started having mysterious tendon injuries...remember that split tendon in his wrist? At the time, the orthos were saying they had never seen an injury like that! I Missing half a season after being hit on the achilles by a foul ball in spring training? hear that steroid use weakens those tendons....

the hick,

Excelent point. I actually forgot to mention that. How about when he tore his Quad leaving the batters box as a Cub. That was one of the most suspicious injuries I've ever seen. How many guys get a base hit, take two steps, then miss the season?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehick. Show thehick's posts

You're right about that thigh...I happened to flippling channels and stopped on WGN to watch that fateful at bat. I knew it then and I know it now.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I agree and will make no real judgement until the actual list is out and even then, I will wait on responses from the individuals named. I was just commenting on what someone had written about the '03' Yankees. Either way, I stand by my statement that I don't believe the actions of one or two players on a teams roster should diminish a teams accomplishments. And as far as I am concerned, baseball, including Bud Selig and the Players union always knew about it and stayed quiet because of the soaring popularity of the game. Personally, I think Selig needs to be removed as Commissioner, but that is another thread for another time.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from u240robert. Show u240robert's posts

I always thought Nomar would be on the report.
    I still have the Sports Illustrated when he was on the Baseball Preview issue,
    he looked like a freakin' body builder.
    And look at what he has done recently, and look at him-
    a very different person.
    Clemens does not surprise me, you don't play at a high level
    at his age- just doesn't happen.

Robert

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pdubs. Show pdubs's posts

"The site took down the list... it looked like this:

"The following names are expected to be named in the report, according to WNBC:

BradyAnderson, Manny Alexander, Rick Ankiel, Jeff Bagwell, Barry Bonds,Aaron Boone, Rafaeil Bettancourt, Bret Boone, Milton Bradley, DavidBell, Dante Bichette, Albert Belle, Paul Byrd, Wil Cordero, KenCaminiti, Mike Cameron, Ramon Castro, Jose and Ozzie Canseco, RogerClemens, Paxton Crawford, Wilson Delgado, Lenn y Dykstra, Johnny Damon,Carl Everett, KyleFarnsworth,Ryan Franklin, Rich Garces, Jason Grimsley, Troy Glaus, Juan Gonzalez,Eric Gagne, Nomar Garciaparra, Jason Giambi, Jeremy Giambi, JoseGuillen, Jay Gibbons, Juan Gonzalez, Clay Hensley, Jerry Hairston,Felix Heredia, Jr., Darren Holmes, Wally Joyner, Darryl Kile, MattLawton, Raul Mondesi, Mark McGwire, Guillermo Mota, Robert Machado,Damian Moss, Abraham Nunez, Trot Nixon, Jose Offerman, Andy Pettitte,Mark Prior, Neifi Perez, Rafael Palmiero, Albert Pujols, Brian Roberts,Juan Rincon, John Rocker, Pudge Rodriguez, Sammy Sosa, ScottSchoenweiis, David Segui, Alex Sanchez, Gary Sheffield, Miguel Tejada,Julian Tavarez, Fernando Tatis, Maurice Vaughn, Jason Varitek, IsmaelValdez, Matt Williams and Kerry Wood.""

You forgot to highlight Brady Anderson, Wil Cordero, Juan Gonzalez, and Jose Offerman.

Quite a few of the Sox players have made the list, but at least there are more current Yankees than Sox.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from eg57. Show eg57's posts

I agree, that is when his head started to grow A -La Barry

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirkpitt289. Show dirkpitt289's posts

My guess is that it began when Duquette ran him out of Boston.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from john351. Show john351's posts

At least there is finally an explanation as to how someone can gain app. 7-8 mph back on their fastball in one offseason. Wonder if Dan Duquette might be feeling pretty good about this.....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from brenndino. Show brenndino's posts

it doesn't matter? of course it matters! we are talking about one of the best pitchers of all time. i have no doubt that he used juice over the course of his career. this report will validate all the rumors about him, and in many minds, take away a lot of what he accomplished because he was in fact, cheating. do we really believe that athletes get better when they get into their 40's?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bill1021. Show bill1021's posts

I.m not surprised at all. As a matter of fact, one day when he asked me to carry his luggage, he said to me, Would you mind putting this litle syrange in your pocket

Sections
Shortcuts