1. You have chosen to ignore posts from schilling07. Show schilling07's posts

Most Intense Fans and Media

The top 5 MLB teams in order that have the most intense, diehard fans and media-

1. Yankees

2. Red Sox

3. Mets

4. Cubs

5. Phillies

AGREE?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

i think you can�put the Cubs ahead of the Mets...as�far as 1 and 2...let's just say at times they can be inter-changeable...especially where media is concerned

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from vbredsoxaddict. Show vbredsoxaddict's posts

In the Yanks case, I don't think it's edginess, I think it's gas.�

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack. Show fenwayjack's posts

Chris, it's close though I think fans at Fenway are more intense than those at Yankee Stadium.� However, NY definitely has its diehards.� I watched the '04 playoffs in a sportsbar and after game 7, the parking lot was littered with Yankee caps and jerseys.� One man even stuffed his $150. Yankee warm-up jacket into the trash can.� A couple of long time Yankee fans pulled the bumper stickers over their vehicles.� It was eerie, almost like watching Night of the Living Dead as the Yank supporters staggered around the parking lot moaning and muttering to themselves.� They took that devastating defeat awfully hard which shows just how serious they take Yankee baseball.�

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from peskypole. Show peskypole's posts

I think MFY fans are the most intense, not because they bleed pinstripes, but because of where they live--if I had to live in that cesspool and put up with all of the�idiots there, I'd be pretty intense, too.�

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from optoguy. Show optoguy's posts

If you don't�have anything good to say why don't you just shut up. Obviously you've never been farther than Rte 128.� You are truly one of the most classless individuals around.� Why bother submitting garbage to this string.� I guess you can't stick to the subject of the blog - maybe you can't read.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from peskypole. Show peskypole's posts

If you don't�have anything good to say why don't you just shut up. Obviously you've never been farther than Rte 128.� You are truly one of the most classless individuals around.� Why bother submitting garbage to this string.� I guess you can't stick to the subject of the blog - maybe you can't read.Thanks for illustrating my point.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from optoguy. Show optoguy's posts

peskypole - you illustrated your own point with all the venom!!�

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz1. Show chazz1's posts

�I watched the '04 playoffs in a sportsbar and after game 7, the parking lot was littered with Yankee caps and jerseys.� One man even stuffed his $150. Yankee warm-up jacket into the trash can.� A couple of long time Yankee fans pulled the bumper stickers over their vehicles.� It was eerie, almost like watching Night of the Living Dead as the Yank supporters staggered around the parking lot moaning and muttering to themselves.�
    Sounds great !�� �Any Video ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from peskypole. Show peskypole's posts

peskypole - you illustrated your own point with all the venom!!Venom?� It's the truth.� Anyone who's been to NYC knows it's true.� The term "friendly New Yorkers" is an oxymoron.�

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack. Show fenwayjack's posts

Chazz, ya gotta admit it, that series was not only amazing, it's downright hilarious.� My brother and his buddies are serious Yankee fans, been pulling for them since the days Mantle played.� And whenever I'm around and see them wearing their Yankee gear, I honestly try not to smirk, but I can't help it.� After a few beers they inevitable begin moaning about how could that happen to them.� LOL.� Oh, if only Mo hadn't walked Millar which gave Roberts his chance.� Oh if only Clark's liner had not rolled up the wall and into the stands for a ground rule double.� If only Belhorn had not hit the 3 run homer at the Stadium.� Lmao.� If only Damon hadn't hit the grand slam.� I tell them they can disect every pitch and at-bat and won't change the outcome.� Lol.�

The real proof of how that series will never be forgotten was the comment Bernie Williams made on the Mike and the Mad Dog Show.� He said that in the middle of next season, he and Jeter were having lunch at a restaurant near Central Park.� They were talking about cars and suddenly Jeter slammed his fist on the table and asked how could we let the Red Sox do that to us?� I know a lot of Yankee fans who still follow the team but it's not the same since '04.�

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from optoguy. Show optoguy's posts

peskypole - you illustrate my point exactly - you have never been out of Boston and have no idea what NY is all about.� You have a provincial attitude and like I said have never been farther from your home than 128 - dopn 't waste my time with the type of crap that comes from you pea brain.Your the type of fan who is a disgrace to other Boston fans!!!It's a game dummy and to have feeling like you do is moronic - god help our country with people like you.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from peskypole. Show peskypole's posts

peskypole - you illustrate my point exactly - you have never been out of Boston and have no idea what NY is all about.� You have a provincial attitude and like I said have never been farther from your home than 128 - dopn 't waste my time with the type of crap that comes from you pea brain.Your the type of fan who is a disgrace to other Boston fans!!!It's a game dummy and to have feeling like you do is moronic - god help our country with people like you.Hmmm. . . where to begin.� First of all, I've lived in Denver for the past 5 years, not to mention the fact that I've been to several US cities, yet none of the people there capture the volitility of those who live in NY.� I don't blame 'em--it's the environment.� If I grew up there, I'd probably be a high-strung, uptight d-bag, too.� Not even the success of the Yankees has managed to turn all of those sour grapes!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from optoguy. Show optoguy's posts

Frankly it doesn't sound like you've been any place but Boston.� The more places people have been the more open minded they are.� Just a note NYers are not like you say and your relying on stereotype.�If I judge Boston fans by antics of some morons at Fenway then that's wrong.Let's get back to baseball.� The Sox lost this AM great game by A's pitcher.� Lester looked terrible.As far as baseball is concerned I thinbk the following should happen!!!Lex clavatoris designati rescindenda est.-->-->-->�-->

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from headofted. Show headofted's posts

The real proof of how that series will never be forgotten was the comment Bernie Williams made on the Mike and the Mad Dog Show.� He said that in the middle of next season, he and Jeter were having lunch at a restaurant near Central Park.� They were talking about cars and suddenly Jeter slammed his fist on the table and asked how could we let the Red Sox do that to us?� I know a lot of Yankee fans who still follow the team but it's not the same since '04.� Fenway, not a bad post, but if you honestly think that yankee fans are not the same because of 2004 you are sadly mistaken.� We love our team and cheer for them just as much as always............Not sure why you might think we have lost our passion, that is just not true.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from peskypole. Show peskypole's posts

Frankly it doesn't sound like you've been any place but Boston.� The more places people have been the more open minded they are.� Just a note NYers are not like you say and your relying on stereotype.�If I judge Boston fans by antics of some morons at Fenway then that's wrong.Let's get back to baseball.� The Sox lost this AM great game by A's pitcher.� Lester looked terrible.As far as baseball is concerned I thinbk the following should happen!!!Lex clavatoris designati rescindenda est.Well, you're wrong.� Get over it.� Oh, and I'm open minded, just not about the MFY and their fans.� The ones I've met who are actually level-headed don't live in NY.� Go figure.And if you don't like the DH, you should root for the NL.�

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tahoepow. Show tahoepow's posts

tbird,

have you lost it. How are the red sox fans not in the top 5. Are you hitting the crack pipe.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from optoguy. Show optoguy's posts

Why don't you clean up your language ,,,,, and stick to the issue but you'rethe reason not to take kids to the games because of your gutteral mouth.� Non DH is purer form of the game and involves some strategy not just putting up the monster whether Giambi or Papi etc.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack. Show fenwayjack's posts

I'm not saying all fans.� Some are just as intense as ever.� I was referring to the ones I run into at the sports bar.� But I know a number of long time fans (watching since the 60's even) who are as loyal as ever.� As one of them pointed out to me, though he's livid with losing straight, he accepts it because they should never have been up 3-0 to begin with.� Both teams were so evenually matched you would expect the series advantage to be going back and forth rather than the way it turned out.�