1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rbertsche. Show rbertsche's posts

NESN Coverage

I'm terribly disappointed by the quality of today's game coverage. I realize this is just spring training and the game doesn't matter much, but why not use the opportunity to give us some background on all these new kids we're seeing. Who are they? Where are they from? How did they get to a Sox farm team? This is the future of baseball and a little glimpse at players who -- at least a precious few of them -- may turn out to be the players we're talking about in a few years. And even if they fade into obscurity, still this is their opportunity to try to shine. Tell us their stories! Instead, for the most part, the commentators -- particular McAdam -- are just droning on and on about David Ortiz, Manny Ramirez (Manny? Give it up already!), etc.
    The commentators should be having fun with the game, not just getting lost in the "business" of it!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgmfick. Show rgmfick's posts

NESN Coverage

I agree with your comment. I realize that Don Orsillo is basically doing the games alone, however, rather than telling us who is playing (realize none have their names on their uniforms) and what each player has done even in his limited plate or pitching appearances, it seems the human interest a newsy discussions with the guest commentators could be discussed in other forums. I am sort of a purist and am really interested in all the players in camp.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrDee. Show MrDee's posts

NESN Coverage

And oddly given a choice between RS replays of games, showing classic's or showing info-mercials for the ab lounge they chose the ab-lounge. You can bash the Yankees all you want but you cant compare the YES network to NESN, YES is so far about NESN that they should not even be in the same conversation.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roast1999. Show Roast1999's posts

NESN Coverage

Remy is at home, he got some sort of infection and had to return back north

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

NESN Coverage

You're assumimg these commentators know more about these players than you do.

Quite frankly, I am not so sure they do.

But here's some advice. Go to Red Sox . com, go to "stats", then click on "2009 spring training."

Everything you need to know should be there. If there is a particular player you need to know about , click on his name.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from czap. Show czap's posts

NESN Coverage

Yes is a joke. Kay is the biggest homer and still gets laughed at here for his comments during the greatest comeback in baseball history. Perhaps you remember? I think Kay does.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrDee. Show MrDee's posts

NESN Coverage

Give it a break for a change I am not even a big Yankee fan but you can't even compare the two stations, the Yanks have Kay you have Rice talk about a given job to a homer the guy takes 3 minutes to explain a foul ball. I am talking about general programing, YES just offers so much more even away from Baseball. NESN is crap.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjgray. Show jjgray's posts

NESN Coverage

I agree..please MORE player info during these broadcasts. We know all about the "stars" it's the rookies, added to the roster guys,we want to know about. Don working alone is not an excuse, he should do his homework, regardless of whether or not the players name is on his back. His number IS. Also, doesn't NESN have producers who can punch that info up on a computer? Yeah, we'd like to know how the player got to the sox camp. Trade, free agent, draft choice, whatever. Can't comment on who is better, YES or NESN as YES is not available in my area. But if you gave Tom Caron to YES, NESN would be greatly improved!