1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mudbugger. Show mudbugger's posts

New clemens book brings more yankee controversy

I wonder if Cashman ever "played connect the dots" with Giambi's back acne.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carolina-soxfan. Show carolina-soxfan's posts

[Quote]I wonder if Cashman ever "played connect the dots" with Giambi's back acne.

LOL. I nearly fell out of my chair.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mudbugger. Show mudbugger's posts

ty..ty. I thought it was good myself.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from billy13. Show billy13's posts

With the revelations about the yankees WS teams in the late 90s, its inconceivable that Cashman didnt know anything. What he knew or when he knew it, we'll probably never know. The Mitchell report outed the yankees as a steroids factory and implicated dozens of former and current yankees. Either he is the most clueless company executive in the country, or he ignored obvious signs of usage in the league and especially on his team.

Cashman is the GM of 2004 when the tide turned. He is the GM of Pavano and playoff failure. Given his undeniably bad record as a GM (he inherited the WS teams), its inexplicable that he still has a job. His trade record, acquisitions on free agency, and horrible developmental system would usually get anybody fired. This guy is teflon. Dont understand it.

Now I know that the yankee trolls will do what they always do, point the finger at someone else. The first rule of denial. Point the finger. Lets get out the microscope, and put Crash under it. Its not a pretty sight.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarylandFan. Show MarylandFan's posts

Ca$hman is a 2nd rate GM and eventually he will be canned. Can't wait for his inevitable tell all book perhaps even a made for TV movie. He knows too much so for now the Steinbrenners keep him on their payroll. After spending $423.5 mil on 3 players, if the Yanks don't make the PO's he may be gone this yr.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dabro. Show Dabro's posts

There is only one skill that matters now in the Yankee franchise -- that is politics and spin. The Steinbrenner boys are clueless and "off", so what the respond to are the folks with the high tier political skills. Cashman is very, very savvy. He is an exceptionally gifted political operator. He knows how to survive on the best reality tv show circus in professional sports. And I predict he will continue to survive for some time, which is great news for the Sox. But Girardi wont He is toast.

Sections
Shortcuts