1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsman101. Show patsman101's posts

next years team needs

I'M no coach but from what i see and i think it's clear we need to fix somethings

1.CB(not small 5'9 guys but 5'11 and up )

2. O'line

3. SS ( with the loss of harrison we need a hard hitting SS)

4. CASSEL (we don't know if tom's going to be ready and i wouldn't try to rush him in )

5. pass rusher ( crable could be good but a nother young stud LB would be great)

6. re-sign some guys(wilfork long term exstention and some other guys)

thats just some things but i think those are really important any thoughts ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

next years team needs

I like your list. But resigning Cassel won't happen. After this year he will be signing with someone for millions. The happiest person in the world after Thurs. game was Cassels' agent.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac24. Show mac24's posts

next years team needs

I think a majority of the focus needs to be on the defensive side of the ball. Cornerback and Linebacker are obvious area's of need. Resigning Cassel is a priority on offense.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

next years team needs

agree with your list, lets hope that they do draft a bigger corner who can cover. the safety position killed us in the jet game. keller wide open, it would be good to have a guy that hits hard and makes the opponent think about going over the middle of the field.

cassel may have played himself out of new england, someone will offer him more than we could afford.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEpatriots4ever. Show NEpatriots4ever's posts

next years team needs

***positional needs in no order***
    RB - who knows with Maroney
    TE - Watson isn't playing that well (maybe its how is utilized??)
    CB - Asomugha (most likely impossible)... Tall, physical corner (like Law in his prime?)
    SS - Like Hot Rod (Meriweather is better suited at FS IMO)
    OLB - Pass rush needs to improve
    ILB - Get a LB who provide depth behind Mayo and Guyton (and Bru)...

Signing Seymour and Wilfork should be the first priorities though IMO

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from timesedge. Show timesedge's posts

next years team needs

Positional Needs:

1) CB (Asomugha would be awesome) - we need a shut down corner

2) OL - This may be tied for highest need

3) SS - we need some depth behind Meriweather especially if Harrison retires

4) WR - Moss is getting older - we need a blazing fast kid with toughness who we can shape into the "next Moss"

5) LB - we need another MLB

6) DL - we may lose a bunch of people soon

Through free agency we can get a TE and backup QB - unless something like a TB MC gem is out there in the 7th round or something...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

next years team needs

1) Defense - Back 4 CB, FS + SS
    Here are 2 very interesting Defensive stats.

a) 3rd down efficiency - ranked 21st (not good)
    b) ave. gain/pass play - ranked 26th (horrible)

2) D-Line
    3) O-Line
    4) TE

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoLaN87. Show NoLaN87's posts

next years team needs

[Quote]Through free agency we can get a TE and backup QB - unless something like a TB MC gem is out there in the 7th round or something...[/Quote]

Whats wrong with a Brady, Gutierrez, O'Connell combo? I think we'll be fine at QB.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from munichpatsfan. Show munichpatsfan's posts

next years team needs

WR should be an target. Timesedge said it correctly. Moss is getting older, but more important I think the Pats need an other threat on the outside. Welker is a slot reciever and a big speedy WR should break double coverage on Moss cause defenses will have to take care on both sides and give him more breathing room. What about signing Cassel to a one year deal and trade him and f.ex. Maroney for Calvin Johnson plus a draft pick to the Lions? Try to sign Asomuhga. So the Pats will have their big shutdown corner. OL seems to be improving this year. So this should be a minor need in my eyes. In draft I would look for a RB, SS, MLB and if they can´t find a way to aquire a WR or CB these two positions. But you never know. Bill B. may have other ideas. ;-)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

next years team needs

Asomugha would be a great pickup for the patriots, big 6' 2" 210lbs, excellent cover skills, teams rarely throw in his direction. i don't know if he is going to be a free agent, if he is the raiders may franchise him again.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

next years team needs

A healthy tom brady,and a true no.2 receiver,and a corner with lots of talent.A steller RB who can give it every week.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

next years team needs

a defensive overhaul

this defense has lost us three key games:

afc championship vs. colts
    super bowl vs. giants
    thursday game vs. jets

first thing to do is give Pees the boot, second thing to do is draft more young speed demons linebackers, cornerbacks, and safties.

mayo and guyton are the future, we need speed and people that can hit

the offense is fine, the o-line can be fixed

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tscjigga. Show tscjigga's posts

next years team needs

Heres my Patriots mock offseason, take a look.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=272516

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

next years team needs

Next years needs:

1. Lock up Cassell as Brady insurance

2. Extend some of our D-Line contracts that are up at the end of the season

3. Pick up a good CB in free agency

4. Draft address

1 - OL (T, G) specifically
    2 - TE
    3 - SS
    4 - ILB

5. If we have some extra money pick up another WR in free agency especially with Gaffney a free agent

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidSeattle. Show DavidSeattle's posts

next years team needs

I think the front 3 have not been at Pro Bowl claiber and need to be challlenged for their tenure. Like , Let's get a Pass Rush!!1.. Because it makes everything easiier in the secondary .
    So, that's where I would start.
    The secondary NON taccklin in the Jets game was cause for the LOSS. The team needs a BIG hitter at SS . The jets Rec's gained FAR too manyyds after the first hit..
    I think that's all that is needed.
    The offense should reappear.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidSeattle. Show DavidSeattle's posts

next years team needs

I think the front 3 have not been at Pro Bowl caliber and need to be challenged for their tenure. Get it Done or move on!! Like , Let's get a Pass Rush!!.. Because it makes everything easiier in the secondary . So, that's where I would start.
    The secondary NON tackling in the Jet's game was the cause for the LOSS. The team needs a BIG hitter at SS . The jet's rec's gained FAR too many yds after the first hit..
    I think that's all that is needed.
    The offense should reappear.
    Laurence will return and pair with BJGE for the best twosome in the league..
    Go Pats
    Go Pats

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gazzzmann. Show gazzzmann's posts

next years team needs

Wizzard,Casell is a unrestricted free agent,the only way you can keep him is to "{franchise" him for about 10- 12 million,Brady's injury has made Casell a very rich man

Sections
Shortcuts