1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

NFL Network Game Coverage

oh yea it was right there for everyone to see those guys were haters all the way. Saying stuff like "Is it just me or does this D look OLD" and then they all laughed together what a joke. I mean we did not look good last night so its not like they were making stuff up we gave them plenty to ram down our throats but those guys were clearly biased against the Pats.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Yeah, they hatered of the Patriots was pretty ridiculous, but that don't hold a candle to Mark S. and Chris Carter on ESPN. Those guys have Patriot hating to a tee.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Gumball was on the NFL Network last year. He was horrible.

Marshall Faulk has never been a Pats fan. Neither has Sterling, but when they actually got somewhat past their dislike, they did have some decent insight and even praise for Belichick and the Pats players.

I thought from the beginning that it was going to be a long night when Faulk compared the Pats to NFC teams that had not made it back to the playoffs following a SB loss. Because that is all he said. No reasoning as to why he thought this was offered. It was just an anti-Pat statement standing out there naked. Some time later, I think it was in the second quarter, he proffered that the reason he felt this was that the Pats had not been in this situation before - coming off a SB loss and he felt the energy around the team was bad - so finally he gave a reason. Then he said that it was easy to come back and win the following season after a SB win but that the mentality of the team changes after a loss. So it took quite some time, but he was finally able to back up his reason for thinking so.

And, please, before anyone takes me the wrong way and thinks I am some Faulk apologist or something, understand that I don't think he is very good at announcing in the first place, but you take what you can get when it comes to his commentary.

And, finally, regardless of the anti-Pats stance of the analysts, you all seem to be forgetting the fact that the Patriots deserved it. That had to be the worst performance I have seen in recent years by the Pats. Poor leadership and bad decisions on offense. Huge holes and arm tackling by the defense. It was damn ugly. I can only hope that BB told them to play like crap to put them under the radar for a while at the beginning of the season. If not, it will be a long season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

will these guys be doing regular season games? hope not they suck.

by the way this was my first experience watching NFL HD, i have to say their version of HD is not up to standards of espn or the other networks HD, any thoughts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gbv2003. Show gbv2003's posts

Both Sharpe and Faulk where excruciating last night. We all know Faulk is a Pats hater, but I was surprised at how Sterling kept dissing the Pats. Even when the first team defense was off the field, Sterling repeatedy mentioned how bad our defense was all the while talking like it was the first unit on the field. He was pretty sarcastic about it as well. I don't know why he hates the Pats, but you could tell the way he was talking that it seemed to be personal.

It's like he knows that the Pats are a good team but he's having a hard time giving them credit. He said that the Pats could make it back to the Super Bowl and he "unofficially" said they would, but then a couple of minutes later when our second/third string defense where getting manhandled, he wanted to take back his prediction.

Very anti-Patriots broadcasting team last night.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from boulderpatriot. Show boulderpatriot's posts

Jeez guys. Sharpe said he is picking the Pats to get back to the super bowl. They can't say only good things...especially the way the pats played last night. I do however agree that Faulk in general has been a hater. I just want the regular season to start. Pre-season games are lame.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thetrinity12. Show thetrinity12's posts

I thought the broadcast as a whole was quite rough. Not just the buccaneers bias, they could have pointed out how good seymour looked or how promising crable looked, but they stuck with Buc love. It sounded like we were listening to guys watching a feed from inside the colts or jets meeting room. The commentary was bad, and the cameramen had never seen a football game before in their lives. Pretty bad.

It was ugly all around, but I was reminded why i like Welker so much in that game. When Cassel threw that pick, Welker took that linebacker's legs out from under him immediately. Gotta love him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Isn't Sharpe the person who, back when he was with Denver, made that fake phone call from the sideline during one of our obligatory losses to the Broncos, and said something like..."Call in an ambulance ( or the army or the navy or mommy or anybody ) because we're beating the bleep out of the Pats!"?? Or was it his brother? Or his sister? Whatever.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

They deserved to get criticized given how much of a lackluster performance they displayed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

There is a big difference between being them calling the game as they see it and them hating on the Pats. There was no need to push their hate for the Pats or to use bias what so ever they are sopossed to unbiased towards all games they call. Thats why Phill Simms cant cover his sons football games cause its not about who you like or dislike or who you are rooting for its about the game and they should leave their personal feeling at the door but they dont and it is very clear and up front about it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Yea but that would mean they would have to actually call a game rather then just talk to her themselves talk and we all know thanks to espn that that is how it is done nowadays, if you want play by play on the game thats actually being played turn down the TV and put on WBCN 104.1 on your radio dial and listen to Geno call the game, its the only way to watch.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tredawnt. Show tredawnt's posts

Faulk and Sharpe absolutely sucked the other night. They need to give Troy Aikman a call so that he can show them how it's really done in the booth.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from txHeat. Show txHeat's posts

[Quote]Faulk and Sharpe absolutely sucked the other night. They need to give Troy Aikman a call so that he can show them how it's really done in the booth.[/Quote]

Those two are so bad I'd happily listen to Kornheiser instead. I can't believe I said that. yeeeessssh!

Sections
Shortcuts