1. You have chosen to ignore posts from crmn19. Show crmn19's posts

Nice Manny Moment in DC

There were a lot of Sox/Manny fans in the stands for the Nats/LA game this evening. A little girl was there from the start with a sign for Manny. End of the eighth, Matt Kemp makes the final put out, Manny calls for the ball, gets the little girl's dad's attention and tosses them the ball,

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ihatefishing. Show ihatefishing's posts

Nice Manny Moment in DC

[Quote]How charming. A guy who s**ts the bed for a contending team that has treated him well and makes $20 million a year to do so deigns to retrieve a ball for a little girl. Oh, Manny, come back; we so badly misunderstood what a complex and thoughtful person you were!

I for one am SO glad that spoiled chowderhead is off this team...[/Quote]
    dude, chill.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Nice Manny Moment in DC

Manny is a selfish d-bag no need to throw a parade for a guy with multiple crimes against the game of baseball and sox fans b/c he gives a girl a ball. jeez.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MannyManic. Show MannyManic's posts

Nice Manny Moment in DC

Why would Manny go forward with plans for MR24 when he is NO LONGER 24.

He has instead begun donating nice fat amounts for each HR, RBI, etc straight out of his paycheck to children.

Giving the ball to the little girl was just a tiny token from a sweet guy.

Manny is nice. And cute. And funny.

You people act like a bunch of sour-grape-eating bitter ex-girlfriends.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from txHeat. Show txHeat's posts

Nice Manny Moment in DC

[Quote]Why would Manny go forward with plans for MR24 when he is NO LONGER 24.

He has instead begun donating nice fat amounts for each HR, RBI, etc straight out of his paycheck to children.

You people act like ya bunch of sour-grape-eating bitter ex-girlfriends.[/Quote]

Other than the fact he was an RBI machine, he is also selfish and a quitter.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UPstateNYsoxfan. Show UPstateNYsoxfan's posts

Nice Manny Moment in DC

lucky for the dodgers that the ball wasn't still in play....wouldn't that be a manny being manny moment

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from txHeat. Show txHeat's posts

Nice Manny Moment in DC

[Quote]lucky for the dodgers that the ball wasn't still in play....wouldn't that be a manny being manny moment[/Quote]

It always helps when Manny can count to three! Way to go Manny.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSGalinFL. Show RSGalinFL's posts

Nice Manny Moment in DC

When I saw "Nice Manny Moment in DC" I thought you were talking about his getting picked off 3rd base! Now that was a nice Manny moment.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from txHeat. Show txHeat's posts

Nice Manny Moment in DC

[Quote]Why would Manny go forward with plans for MR24 when he is NO LONGER 24.

You people act like a bunch of sour-grape-eating bitter ex-girlfriends.[/Quote]

Since the trade the Sox are about 15-7 and the Dodgers are 11-12. HMMMMMMM.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nickarcese. Show nickarcese's posts

Nice Manny Moment in DC

What we don't know, Manny requested the girl's father slip him a twenty for the ball.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MannyManic. Show MannyManic's posts

Nice Manny Moment in DC

Thanks for all the laughs. It's like watching a ridiculous sit-com.

The Manny Haters, or, The Never Forgetters

But hey, I'll take it however I can get it, as long as Manny remains in the subject line.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

Nice Manny Moment in DC

I don't know if he's cute or funny but I do know he's a better all-around player than Ramirez...fielding and base-running does still count in baseball and he ain't a bad hitter either.

I guess Bay will have a spot right next to Manny in the hall someday?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from crmn19. Show crmn19's posts

Nice Manny Moment in DC

[Quote]When I saw "Nice Manny Moment in DC" I thought you were talking about his getting picked off 3rd base! Now that was a nice Manny moment.[/Quote]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from crmn19. Show crmn19's posts

Nice Manny Moment in DC

Line drive double play is not a pick off. Don't let facts get in the way of your pursuit of stupid.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Nice Manny Moment in DC

[Quote]Damn...........I wonder how much GREEDY MANNY got talked to by Boras to attempt to soften his image.[/Quote]

Point.

I'm sure that image/damage control certainly represents a good portion of that job description. There is a relationship between the image of Ramirez and the profitability of the partnership. Many Manny hats plus cuteness equals mo money, mo money, mo money! Of course, the down arrows in the public service department, in conjunction with doggin it, can and will cost money.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSGalinFL. Show RSGalinFL's posts

Nice Manny Moment in DC

Oh let's all get a tear in our eye. Manny gave a little girl the ball at the end of the game. What a wonderful human being he is. Hey, I heard Hurricane Gustav ripped through the Dominican Republic. Manny should call to see if his grandmother is still dead.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from crmn19. Show crmn19's posts

Nice Manny Moment in DC

[Quote]Oh let's all get a tear in our eye. Manny gave a little girl the ball at the end of the game. What a wonderful human being he is. Hey, I heard Hurricane Gustav ripped through the Dominican Republic. Manny should call to see if his grandmother is still dead.[/Quote]

Again not to cut it too close they played the ninth too, but again there are facts and there are posters. I could have probably placed in the telling that he took a decent amount of trash from D.C. fans, who do not know how to talk sports trash, many of whom think they are owed a team including one drunk load in a St. Louis cap who didn't have much to say after being asked how that 2004 World Series thing worked out for him. The point being Manny went out of his way to light up a litlle kid's memory.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Nice Manny Moment in DC

OK. I mean, this is really settling out as Jealous Jilted Exes vs. Can't Face the Truthers. Manny isn't a demon, nor is he a saint.

I am still emotionally unsettled about it. I think Manny's actions that led to the trade were really obnoxious. And I don't disagree that move needed to be made. But I am sad about it. Manny was awesome and a lot of fun to follow. He did some stupid things and a lot of good things. Should have finished his career here. But thats on him. he sullied his legacy. Oh well.

But, MOVING ON

No, Jason Bay may not be in the pantheon next to manny down the road, but a. who knows and b. who cares. he's making the loss of the face of the 21st century sox a lot easier to digest. this guy is great. unassuming, team guy with a whole lotta skills. he changes the way the offense looks, but in a good way. This club is feisty now.

Bon voyage Manny. Lets not begrudge the guy a balltoss to a kid. jeez. The Dodgers aren;t going anywhere, so the its Manny's loss that he couldn't get over himself and honor his commitment to the Sox and respect the club's process. Have fun finishing the season at Chavez in late September Manny.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EdwSox. Show EdwSox's posts

Nice Manny Moment in DC

Can't wait to see Manny in pinstripes in the new Bronx Zoo.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikegosox. Show Mikegosox's posts

Nice Manny Moment in DC

[Quote]Line drive double play is not a pick off. Don't let facts get in the way of your pursuit of stupid.[/Quote]

It was pretty much a pickoff the way I look at it. Manny was stupid enough to take a lead too far in front of the 3rd baseman making it an easy doubler. He should have been in line with the defender. Even his aggressiveness isn't paying off because he's too dumb and slow. Another laugher. Keep em coming!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from longview1967. Show longview1967's posts

Nice Manny Moment in DC

[Quote]OK. I mean, this is really settling out as Jealous Jilted Exes vs. Can't Face the Truthers. Manny isn't a demon, nor is he a saint.

I am still emotionally unsettled about it. I think Manny's actions that led to the trade were really obnoxious. And I don't disagree that move needed to be made. But I am sad about it. Manny was awesome and a lot of fun to follow. He did some stupid things and a lot of good things. Should have finished his career here. But thats on him. he sullied his legacy. Oh well.

I'm with the Spaceman on this, although for those still pining for Manny it's worth pointing out that not only has he cooled off at the plate, he continues to make those bonehead plays in the field that used to drive us crazy. Which is just to say, let the guy go. He left us with many great memories along with a few pretty sour ones. Whether you want to remembrer them both, or emphasize one or the other, give it up already. Stop projecting what Manny would have done here, and start looking forward to the postseason.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tph2004. Show tph2004's posts

Nice Manny Moment in DC

The fact is Manny is a terrible left fielder outside on Fenway and showing it and he has been a very streaky hitter for two seasons now. He will have another great 10-12 day run in him this season and we will wonder why cant we get guys like that.

I was happy what he did here between lines, mainly at bat and happy the Sox won two World Series while he was here. . . .but the way he left town will always be disgraceful.

He throw balls into left field stands a handful of times every game at every game I went to that he played. I would of been more impressed if he hustled after a ball in Left Center where the Phillies took and Extra base on him and won the game directly after that.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazildj. Show brazildj's posts

Nice Manny Moment in DC

[Quote]I am still emotionally unsettled about it. I think Manny's actions that led to the trade were really obnoxious. And I don't disagree that move needed to be made. But I am sad about it. Manny was awesome and a lot of fun to follow. [/Quote]

Me too. I miss having Manny on the Red Sox. But on the other hand, I don't miss having Manny on the Red Sox.

And that's as clear as I can be about it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfaninmichigan. Show soxfaninmichigan's posts

Nice Manny Moment in DC

[Quote]

Me too. I miss having Manny on the Red Sox. But on the other hand, I don't miss having Manny on the Red Sox.

And that's as clear as I can be about it.[/Quote]

I think Manny was also ambivalent about certain things. Which is why he could blow hot and cold. Even so, a nice gesture for a fan is still good, no matter what; it need not be interpreted cynically as some have done on this thread.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Nice Manny Moment in DC

wow get in line behind jim rome and tim "jerkin" to suck himoff.