1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DennisLamp. Show DennisLamp's posts

Nick Kaczur-scumbag

Gotta love this quote from Nicky Boy in today's Globe:

"Well, I definitely did not want to bring anything like that to them," said Kaczur. "You definitely got to be embarrassed of things that you do, but to be a man, you got to take what you did wrong and move past it and step up. So, that's what I'm doing now."

What a piece of garbage, not to mention hypocrite....although that might be too big a word for Kaczur to comprehend. He got nailed and before you can say "all out blitz by the Giants", Nicky starts singing and throws another guy, er his "dealer", under the bus. Poor dude was simply guilty of what far too many of us are, being star struck with a pro-athlete. Kaczur used him for access to painkillers, and for that Ekasala is now screwed. Way to step up Nick, real man taking responsibility for his actions. I'd love to see his head knocked off this year, he's a dirtbag.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Nick Kaczur-scumbag

Dennis and ALL:

I remain somewhat ambivalent concrening Kaczur, although I despise any narc, and believe wholeheartedly He's kind of a, well...he's a Rat, and He probably got a good Deal considering his elevated position in Life here (read: Sport's star...as they all do), I Do Know the addiction of Oxycotin firsthand, and He had to get away from that any way he could (although being caught with it, yea, pretty much forced the issue)... In the end though, You can't call his drug supplier wholey innocent, but man that narc thing kills me...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Nick Kaczur-scumbag

Yes, but he's our scumbag. He should sacrifice a career do protect some POS drug dealer?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EastCoaste30. Show EastCoaste30's posts

Nick Kaczur-scumbag

there's enough hatred directed at my favorite team by non-pats-fans. i don't agree with every pat player's choices, but i don't think it's necessary to be vocal about it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Nick Kaczur-scumbag

Excellent Conclusion EastCoast, I'll follow that logic starting now...

In the end, Agreed Dennis, Addiction, if it can be is incidental to his actions...

EastCoast's Point is the trump card for me though... Too many Haters, Too many Trolls, Too much anti-Pats.......He's OUR scumb-...err, He's Our less-than-honorable-Man...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EastCoaste30. Show EastCoaste30's posts

Nick Kaczur-scumbag

thanx Laz. i think people often mistake not-condemning for condoning...there's a happy middle-ground that i choose to reside on.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Nick Kaczur-scumbag

Sorry, but I think anyone who takes advantage of someones addiction is a complete SCUMBAG, and deserves to be thrown under a bus. Way to go Nick! I'm sure if it was YOUR children he was selling to, your opinions would be slightly different. Dealers are SCUM, plain and simple. I dont care how they are taken off the street, as long as they ARE taken off the street.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DennisLamp. Show DennisLamp's posts

Nick Kaczur-scumbag

First off, you'd be hard pressed to find anyone with more allegiance to the Pats than myself, sometime to a fault. A "troll/hater" I am not.

Having said that, this issue lies completely outside the realm of one's particular allegiance to a team. It's about the personal conduct of 1 player in his personal life.

Gotta love how some of you label Ekasala a POS "dealer"....says who? At this point there is ZERO evidence that this was anything other than an isoloted arrangement between 2 men, whoops, that'd be boy in Kaczurs case. Apparently Ekasala gave him stuff on more than one occasion, reportedly with a degree of caution. That does NOT clear Ekasala of wrongdoing. The very fact that he was so hesitant to hook up Kaczur implies Ekasala knew what he was doing was not only illegal, but likely not the proper solution to Kaczurs pain issues. As I said, he's guilty of those trangressions.

What about Little Nicky? He knew the manner in which he aquired those drugs was illegal, or else the team doctor was only a phone call away. While it's common for these guys to get pumped full of god knows what under the "care" of team physicians, when you put out the call for several hundred Oxy's to go home with, well, that just might be a tough script to fill. So he took whatever steps were neccessary to get what he wanted, again, knowing full well it was illegal.

When Little Nicky got his hand caught in the cookie jar, his inner RODENT came out, I'm guessing, with very little prodding from law enforcement. Little Nicky had no problem assuming the risk of his illegal activities, but when caught, he shunned all responsiblity and passed the buck onto the next guy. That folks, is grade A #1 scum. He goes onto play football for big $, while joe banana[Ekasala] is left to twist in the cross hairs of our judicial system. I sincerely hope Kaczur gets every bit of what's coming to him, aside from a fat check to play ball that is.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Nick Kaczur-scumbag

Dennis, first of all, I am not attacking you. I respect your oppinion. I am not saying Nick should get off without being disciplined. However, when it comes to ANYBODY who deals drugs, they should be thrown in Jail. No ifs ands or buts. There should be absolutly NO tolerance. I dont know all of the details, but from what I have gathered so far, this was far from just a simple transaction between friends. I am sure, when his trial arrives we will get the full story, and his sentence will reflect as much. When it comes to drug dealers, there has to be a line drawn, and there has to be serios consequenses for crossing it. Remember, we are not talking about a little bit of pot. Oxycontin is a highly addictive drug. I think alot of people underestimate the effects that drug abuse has on our society, not only in the deaths and crimes that it spurns, but also on the billions of dollars it cost the taxpayers every year. This is why I have no tolerance when it comes to drugs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DennisLamp. Show DennisLamp's posts

Nick Kaczur-scumbag

I agree, slinging hundreds of Oxycontin isn't the same as passing a few joints to a friend. It's bad news all the way around, no question. My issue is accountability, or lack thereof as pertaining to Kaczur. If you're man enough to assume the risk involved in aquiring illegal substances, you damn well better be man enough to accept whatever reprecussions come about as a result. Turn into a drug addict?? Too bad, but hence the term say no to drugs. I don't think Ekasala was pushing Oxy at the local gym and poor little Nicky fell prey to the big bad wolf. On the contrary, I believe Kaczur was actively seeking to attain some seriously powerful medication and Ekasala was discovered as a source to fill his desires. Get busted by the police as a result of reckless use of such substances? Then acknowledge your personal demons got you into that mess and shoulder the punishment that comes with it.

What's Kaczur do? Completely shun accountability and then proceed to get in front of the media and talk about "being a man" and "stepping up". If he has children they've got one sorry role model to learn what "being a man" is all about.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Nick Kaczur-scumbag

I hate to say this homeless guy but i agree with you on this one.well said.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Nick Kaczur-scumbag

I had to take Oxycontin after a recent hospitalization, lucky most of my pain was gone, because I quit this drug after just a couple of days. This drug should be illegal and the maker should be put of business. I've never been a drug user, so I cannot compare it's effect to well known illegal drugs. But I clearly had hallucinations while taking it, I read up on this drug and it turns out that it has been reported to have an "opium" effect. This is also one of the drugs Heath Ledger was taking at the time of his reported sucide. Had I stayed on this medication, I could have been a danger to myself and others.
    I don't have problem with what Nick K. did or Kevin Faulk with weed(much better then Oxycontin). But I just felt the need to share how dangerous this drug is.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from theirishseller. Show theirishseller's posts

Nick Kaczur-scumbag

[Quote]
    I'm sure many of us would do the exact same thing.
    [/Quote]

I wonder how many of these self righteous "throw the book at him"pillars of the community would react if it was a family member, their child or...gasp...themselves busted for possession. I'm not saying what Kazcur did was right obviously, and I actually think drug counseling & treatment should be mandatory for him to remain in the league, however, I feel no remorse for his dealer. That's part of the business he chose to be in. You deal narcotics, there's a good chance you go to prison. There's nothing noble about protecting your dealer...lol. Getting back to WillemDeWit's point, I wonder how many here who are talking so tough would have balled their eyes and turned in their mother in an effort to stay out of prison.

I'm disappointed in Kazcur and think he's an addict that needs help, not time in prison. Oh and no, first time offenders don't typically do time for possession. He's not getting a "sweet deal" because he's a Patriot or a football player. Lots of addicts pay a fine and attend counseling for their first (and sometimes second) offense.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Nick Kaczur-scumbag

Fairbanks76,

Yes, your desription of the NY county courts is still amusing...I remember 25 years ago, my best friend's father was a farmer-judge outside of Syracuse.

We used to go back to his farm for a lunch break and shoot woodchucks. He'd throw his robes back on over his overalls for afternoon traffic hearings..LOL!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

Nick Kaczur-scumbag

All I know is that, if any of you were caught with the same stuff. All of you would take the same deal. This guy did what he was supposed to do. IT'S THAT SIMPLE. Call him all the names you want, but when he had to make a decision to go to jail, or to keep playing football and stay home with his family. I think he made the right choice, as ALL of you would have too. Also the only reaosn we are talking about this is cause he is a football player. If it was Johnny from down the street, we would not even be talking about it. So it happened, he cleared his name, he put drug dealers behind bars, and lets hope he is ready for some footballllll.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DennisLamp. Show DennisLamp's posts

Nick Kaczur-scumbag

pailicas1975....people like you are a waste of time. You clearly lack any level of intelligence that would allow you to see things beyond the scope of whatever reality the 6 o'clock news rams down your throat. Now go back to the flock of sheep you strayed away from just to demonstrate what a brainless idiot you are.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Nick Kaczur-scumbag

[Quote] . . .to me kazcur's actions look worse within the context of his particular situation because 1) he's a millionaire football player . . .[/Quote]

Actually, Kaczur is a draftee. He was selected at the very bottom of the third round in the 2005 draft, almost a fourth rounder. I assume that he got perhaps a $25,000 signing bonus plus the NFL's minimum wage, which is substantial by our standards but the NFL's tenure is short and you often have to live in pain for the rest of your life.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Nick Kaczur-scumbag

why are you trying to paint a drug dealer as the victim in this situation? yea what Nick did was to cover his own a$$ but that does not make it any less RIGHT. I have friends who are lost to OC's or dead due to them so one less A hole on the street selling them is a good thing trust. Kazcur is a scumbag i agree but not for turning his dealer,n he is a scumbag for using Oc's inteh first place. your morals are all F'ed up man.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DADDYOBOB. Show DADDYOBOB's posts

Nick Kaczur-scumbag

It appears to me that a lot of you don't understand the incredibly addictive nature of oxy. You will have withdrawl symptoms from taking a single pill. Even if it's the only time you have ever taken it. This isn't a choice addiction, we are all addicted to it. When taking it under the care of a physcian, you need to be weened off of it slowly. It's also not a cheap addiction. The people that can afford to seek this drug out are usually the rich and the upper middle class. At $40 to $80 per pill, and needing to take 4-6 pills per day just to feel normal, the type of person you usually think of as an addict isn't able to afford this. These addicts are haning out at spas and the locker rooms at the country club. How many doctors have you read about throwing away their careers to write illegal prescriptions for it? Even the conservative Rush Limbaugh admits his addiction to Oxy.
    I believe that the dangers of this drug far outweigh the benefits, and it should be made completely illegal. Of course, the manufacturer is making a killing on not only the legal use of the drug, but the illegal use as well. The manufacturer just keeps lining the pockets of the politicians and FDA allowing them to keep producing their poison. The legal sale of any drug is kept track of right down to the last milligram. It's clear that the manufacturer is also getting it to the street illegally, otherwise every drug store would be getting robbed every day.
    The users and the dealers are all victims. The manufacturer, right there in Conn., is who should be held accountable.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DennisLamp. Show DennisLamp's posts

Nick Kaczur-scumbag

Yes, the dangers of Oxy are well documented. This has nothing to do with my original point.

Kaczur is a big boy, he chose to use them. He was not a little kid subject to the influences of somebody pushin' him to try drugs for the first time.

His profession does cause physical harm and resulting pain to the body. It's the line of work he chose to be in. The remedy he chose for that pain happens to be Oxy, a well documented highly addictive substance.

The method by which he chose to access that substance was illegal and he knew it. When caught with that substance by law enforcement and faced with no legal means to justify possession, he abandoned responsiblity for the decisions he made all by himself that put him in that position.

If Ekasala was caught with the drugs himself, I'd say he should accept the responsibilty that came with the decision he made to possess those drugs in the first place. And he now must accept the responsibility that comes with the decision he made to sell those drugs to a guy like Kaczur. Ekasala chose to deal with Kaczur and now he must deal with the repercussions of that fateful choice.

That does not absolve Kaczur of being a scumbag. He got in a pinch as a result of his choice to speed down the highway with illegal substances in his car. Instead of "stepping up" and "taking it like a man" he then made the choice to screw the next guy in hopes of lightening his punishment for the criminal activity he chose to commit.

Kaczur is an extremely weak, small, frail boy underneath the exterior.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Nick Kaczur-scumbag

Yea I have had friends die due to this drug, and I have friends now who are still hooked on it, do I feel compassion for them? I miss my friends thats for damn sure but I have had drug users around me my whole life so no I dont have compassion for them, if you are using hardcore drugs like oxy, coke, heroin, or crack then you are a scum bag whether your my friend or not. And if your selling these drugs you deserve what ever comes your way. My friends made the choice to start using heavy drugs and when they need me they know I will be there but they know how i feel about people who use and thats fine. Dont call me a liar and what I said does not make me stupid I just happen to think that in Kazcurs situation he is not a scum bag for turning in a DRUG DEALER who deserves to go to jail, no he is a scum bag for using in the first place the same way my friends who have passed on chose to be scum bags before they left this world. I loved them before the used and when they used i still loved them and i will always remember the good times we had back before any of this shat mattered but that does not change the fact that they became wasted drug addicts and that made them scum bags in my book. Like I said I miss them but I wont change how I feel about this just because my friends walked down teh wrong path so say what you will Patfanatic it does not change anything i just said.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DennisLamp. Show DennisLamp's posts

Nick Kaczur-scumbag

[Quote]So you must know the guy who sold him the oxy since you're so quick to defend him? Here's a clue....People who are not drug dealers don't run out and get drugs for someone because they're 'starstruck'. [/Quote]

Can you read? Apparently not. You either get it or you don't. Everybody wants to just bash the "drug dealer" and turn their cheek on the snake-like actions of the hero "football player". I know, it goes beyond your limited scope of blind analysis.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jc686. Show jc686's posts

Nick Kaczur-scumbag

[Quote]

on the whole i agree with you. but defending the actions of a player solely based on the fact that he plays for "our" team is close-minded.

also if he chose not to wear a wire and instead face the music are we sure that he would have been finished as a fooball player?

i'm not defending drug dealers but a snitch is a snitch. and to contradict myself somewhat here, i'm not sure it would be unfair to distinguish someone who's selling prescription medications out of canada to u.s. citizens (pretty much indistinguishable from what drug companies and doctors make millions doing) from some POS peddling meth across the street from the local school. there's more justification for taking down the latter.

point being that kazcur's able to continue drawing a seven figure salary, and the hapless schmuck he set up ends up doing prison time.
    [/Quote]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jc686. Show jc686's posts

Nick Kaczur-scumbag

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Nick Kaczur-scumbag

Lucky for him we dont pay him to raise your kids or be a role model to your kids, in fact if you want to give your kids a good role model try not letting it be a pro athlete cause they are by no means role models at least not most of them. We pay Nick Kazcur to play on the O line and thats what he does if we were paying him to be the anti drug enforcer of the NE Patriots then well he should be let go but since we pay him to play football I say let him play and make sure he is not using OC's anymore and thats that. fine his a$$ and let him play till we find a replacment but once again if your kids are learning their life lessons from a football player you are doing a sorry a$$ job for a parent.

Sections
Shortcuts