1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

No Moss? BB and Pioli OUT THE DOOR!

I posted this on an earlier thread, but with due modesty, I think it bears repeating.It has been reported many times that after the Tuna debacle, Mr. Kraft gave Bill Belichick complete control of all personnel matters.� I tend to believe this, given the difficult personnel decisions that have been made�resulting in�the turnover of players since Coach Belichick's arrival.� I fervently believe in the "value" system that�the coach�has installed.� Realistically, it has produced some positive results, but admittedly, not without some failures.�� Make a list of those players who have left or been released, and now using hindsight, check off those that you think should have been kept bearing in mind the dollar amount it would have cost to keep them.� And don't overlook the intricacies of the resulting tradeoffs and/or the value of the replacements.� (Branch goes, PATS get draft pick, PATS trade draft pick for Moss, etc.)If the unfettered control of all personnel matters is, in fact,�vested in Coach Belichick, then it is grossly unfair to criticize Mr. Kraft for not being willing to dole out the dough to Randy.� If, however, you're suggesting that he take back control of personnel decisions from the coach or more drastically replace Coach Belichick, then I fear we would end up in a situation similar to that in Washington with a Daniel Snyder type meddler.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mvh1456. Show mvh1456's posts

Dear Yoga Fan,� You may not be a troll but your level of stupidity is staggering.� Your post is honestly so moronic it's hard to take seriously.� No Moss and the pats should fire BB and Pioli?� Should we bring back Rod Rust?� Really, you are a pats fan?� For how long exactly?� One year?� Two years?� Why don't you take a look at the facts for a moment.� Brady and the patriots without "weapons" 3-0, 3 super bowls.� Brady and the patriots with "weapons" 0-1, 0 super bowls.� Myself and all of the other "real" fans would rather have super bowls than weapons, thank you.� Would some other knowlegable pats fans please chime in and let this fool know how fortunate he or she is to be a pats fan right now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdaytona. Show jimdaytona's posts

Too much panic over Moss. He will be back. He will get and deserves a ton of money upfront.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mvh1456. Show mvh1456's posts

Dear Yoga Fan,A) You are not being truthful, being a fan for 34 years would make you old enough to spell correctly.B)Your stats mean nothing.� Do stats win games?C)Don't call me son, I'd be willing to bet that I'm older than you. (I wish I was younger)D)Please find another team to cheer for, your ignorance is unwelcome.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

This is the second day of free agency. I would start worrying when Moss signs somewhere else. Until then please don't jump off the cliff.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cogtc777. Show cogtc777's posts

When the fans have to start telling management what to do, i think management has become more important than the team. � I think Belicheck is starting to thrive on his system going against what everyone else is saying for if when and they ever win again, he can get all the glory.� Isnt that what its come down to, Belicheck rather than the Patriots organization.� It was nicer� when we all felt like we were together in the Patriots system going against the rest of the NFL.� Belicheck has brought the demise on himself, and he better make some decisions quickly before there is anarchy on the TEAM!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from spears4. Show spears4's posts

We all have to have faith.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

Boy I guess you are right. Belichick is sure screwing things up. I guess thats why we won only 18 games last year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

Its too bad he couldn't recover a fumble.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cogtc777. Show cogtc777's posts

The context iswhether or not Belicheck s decisions or the common sense logic of keeping a deep threat like Moss.� We already got rid of the guy who could have won the Superbowl, if he had caught the ball in the flat, on defense,but when does common sense come into play here?� Will not Moss allow Brady to keep defenses from overemphasizing the running game!And if we had gone for a field goal, we might not be considering restocking right now, and who do you replace Moss with!�

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cogtc777. Show cogtc777's posts

I think BB ought to examine himself before he starts laying the hammer on some of his players, it only worked when he was seen in a different light

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

Thats why we lost to the Chargers in the second game of the season when the story broke. You must be listening to Jackson on ESPN.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cogtc777. Show cogtc777's posts

Don't yat think that if BB was a little more personable we might all know whats going on.� I never have been as high as some on Samuel.� In zone defense i wonder what the ratio is of int/bonehead plays that end up in big plays by the opposition.� I still think they need to get quicker at the linebacker spot, and the def seconday.� That has always been the concern, esp lb's

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cogtc777. Show cogtc777's posts

Great leaders as the saying goes, get those who dont know how to get there get there!�I hope the window isnt closing after the last two dissapointing seasons.� Every great team has a window before restocking, i hope we arent in that process again

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from brandonboys1. Show brandonboys1's posts

While 18-1 may be utterly devastating, let's not get carried away.� They missed being the greatest team ever by a mere fraction.� If going unbeaten in the regular season means nothing, then let's throw away the record books!� Why keep any records at all?� No matter what- they did things no other team has ever done - an extraordinary achievement!As far as BB is concerned, did we forget that he signed a contract externsion AFTER "Spygate".� He's not going anywhere, whether or not Moss stays.� I don't think anyone can argue w/ the results player/personnel wise, so don't even sweat it.� I also agree that Samuel is avg. at best.� Every game I saw, he was repeatedly getting burned.� It's like in hockey, just b/c a guy scores a lot of goals doesn't mean he's the best player.� Sometimes he's in position to do that b/c the rest of his game sux!� But all people see are the goals. I see the same w/ Samuel.� I could have 10 picks too, if i gave a 15 yard cushion on every play.� I suspect we won't see Samuel do anything of value for the rest of his career.And don't forget we've won Super Bowls w/ Uncle Otis and Hank Poteat in the secondary!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cdjay. Show cdjay's posts

So lemme get this straight.

We won three championships with Antoine Smith, David Givens, Hank Poteat and others, while we went 18-0 yet loss the SB with Moss, but we need to fire Belichick and Pioli if they don't keep Moss?

There are reasons the Pats and Colts have been the cream of football for the past seven seasons. Without a doubt, their starting QB's are huge reasons, but organizationally they draft well and were among the first to put value on positions, which they don't exceed. The best offense means nothing without a good defense, while the best defense means nothing without a good offense. Even then, it doesn't mean the team will win, as the Pats' D couldn't hold out for 35 more seconds, but obviously the Pats/Colts have been perennial contenders. Teams have to be solid on both sides of the ball, and the only way that is possible is by not overpaying for players regardless how talented they are.

I have a feeling Kraft doesn't want to go back to the days when he's telling us prospects could be good press cornerbacks.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrabi72874. Show jrabi72874's posts

Once teams finally decided to get physical with Moss he was almost non-exsistent.� He has problems against physical CB and dose'nt run well after the catch.��Samuels is overrated and�a system CB.��He had his chance to lock up the SB win and failed plus let's not forget that he got beat on 3rd and 11 by�the rookie Smith for the�1st down and we all know what happen on the next play.��I rather see Ty Law�at 35 than Samuels, atleast Law can play�physical�and man to�man.� Law always matched up against the opponents best receiver Samuels never did and�I'm sure theirs a reason for it.���

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricomandog. Show ricomandog's posts

Mossis no different from all the other receivers that left, without Brady hebecomes irrelevant again. If he�s not smart enough to know that (like most ofyou dummy�s posting here) than see ya! His career ends and he�s the losers. Bythe way, I wrote almost the same thing two years ago about D. Branch, rememberhim, how that work out for him

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

Why don't you wait until he actually signs elsewhere. Or better get off the bandwagon,we surely don't fans like you.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

Yeah right, Kraft's greed has ruined this team.��Lets see, since Kraft bought the team we have been to 5 superbowls, winning 3 of them, built a new stadium and the Patriots have gone from the joke of the league to the standard of excellence �that all teams want to become. You are just a jealous because your team sucks and the Patriots are the best.�

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

"I hope the window isnt closing after the last two dissapointing seasons.� Every great team has a window before restocking, i hope we arent in that process again"Whoa there, how can you possibly characterize the past two seasons as "disappointing."� You apparently are one of those johnny-come-lately fans who accept nothing short of a Super Bowl victory as to determining whether a team's season was successful or not.��In which�case, there are 30 other teams whose season was less successful than the PATS.� And window closing or not, I'm willing to venture that next season there will again be a majority of teams less successful than the PATS.� And, I daresay, there are millions of fans around the country who would dearly love to see their team have as "disappointing" a season as the 2006 or 2007 PATS.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lefev. Show lefev's posts

First of all...

samuel dropped that interception in the superbowl...ba bye...in the biggest game of all. and he got torched by tyree in the 3rd quarter.

we will only be hurt slightly by his departure..

however, a i am gonna start questioning pioli and belichik's sanity if they let moss go...

PAY THE MAN...stop bumming out Brady. He has already been unhappy...i would not trifle with him again.

AND lets fix the D...draft a hapfway decent athlete at corner and LB...i love the guys we have, but can you imagine a cromartie/[atrick willis type on this team? fuggedhabout it///

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdcfreshkickz9. Show jdcfreshkickz9's posts

It's not like the Pats are the Buffalo Bills who�lost 4 Super Bowls in the 90's. Just to be in to position to win every season is a tough task, never mind making it to the AFC Championship/Super Bowl. It's day 2�of Free Agency maybe�Belichick/Pioli are�making everyone sweat�it out�and�see what kind of buzz Randy Moss can generate?�It has been quiet , so�who knows what those gus are up to.�

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nykrb. Show nykrb's posts

I hate stupid posts like this.

You know what, after all these whinings for Moss I've read, I hope they DON'T sign him.

They lost the Friggin SB because that idiot McDaniels wanted to do nothing but go deep to Moss time and again, even tho it was glaringly OBVIOUS there was no way in heck the Giants were going to let it happen.

Giants were giving up everything in the middle all game long... but locking Moss down tight and bringing the rush every play... but McDummy just kept trying to go to him.

They will be fine without Moss, just like the Offense was fine without him from 2001 to 2006 its the Defense everyone should be panicking about... they will have 3 or 4 starters over 35 years old on that side of the ball... they have no-one worth spit at CB... I think Moss is the least of their problems.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cdjay. Show cdjay's posts

jrabi, while I agree with you that Samuels is a gambler who is overrated, and I'd just as soon have a third round compensatory pick than pay $10 mil a year for him, he wasn't the one beaten by Smith on 3rd and 11.

I watched the play a few times. Smith was Merriweather's man, but Merriweather was picked by a receiver cutting into the middle and couldn't get to Smith in time because of that. Maybe as he's more experienced he'll learn how to avoid the pick.