1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LouieDaLipp. Show LouieDaLipp's posts

No Pay Cut For Manny!!!!

A 7 million dollar raise, while Varitek, Pettitte and 80 percent of the free agents in baseball are taking pay cuts MANNY gets a raise. While the market is in a tail spin Manny gets a raise. His raise alone is as much money as you're paying Youkilis and Pedroia this year.

You're an idiot if you think his AGE is the only reason he didn't get a long term deal. Not his antics in Boston. If Manny was 28 there would have been a bidding war every bit as intense as Teixeira.

Boston bad mouths every player on their way out of town and has zero credibility around the nation. NOBODY CARES WHAT THE FOOLS IN BOSTON THINK. A player acting up because he's unhappy with the team or his contract, WHAT A BAD MAN!!! Morons!! Not an objective fan among you.

It's o.k. for Boston to take chances on problem childs, but god forbid anyone else does it. Randy Moss, Rodney Harrison, Stepon Marburry, Corey Dillon, and your very own MANNY. Who had a bad reputation when he came to Boston,...REMEMBER. Manny being Manny goes back to his Cleveland days.

Manny gets a raise while Varitek gets embarassed!

Manny gets a raise while the Boston F.O. is BEGGING for hometown discounts!!!

Let the NON MANNY years begin. Who are you going to blame now??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roast1999. Show Roast1999's posts

No Pay Cut For Manny!!!!

I believe Manny's options were for 20 million over the next two years, so this deal gives him a five million dollar raise this year and it would be a push next year. Wonder if it was worth it to him to trash his reputation.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

No Pay Cut For Manny!!!!

[Quote]Once that contract's signed, remember, Citigroup was selling for over $50 a share just a few months ago. Aside from the gamble point, don't forget that no player has ever tanked to get FA, quite like Manny. Best of bad luck to this Union Slug. The Dodgers are one of the worst run organizations in baseball.[/Quote]

I defended Manny in 2006 when he was out, but who knows if this was more of his antics? Injured or simply disinterested?

The Dodgers certainly are one of the worst baseball teams when it comes to signing free agents. In the last 3 seasons, they have signed Jason Schmidt, Juan Pierre, Andruw Jones, Nomar Garciaparra. They have also made some ridiculous trades, usually with the (Devil) Rays. And they never figured ut Jayson Werth's abilities.

On the other hand, their farm system has been making up for blunder anfter blunder with a lot of outstanding players and a lot more promise.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from billy13. Show billy13's posts

No Pay Cut For Manny!!!!

Heres the Louie, same guy who spends his time giving Manny fellacio on these boards. You could do us all a favor, and move to LA with the despicable quitter.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

No Pay Cut For Manny!!!!

Folks think about it since it was discussed when he left the RS options and went with Boras. The 2 option years were with out an agents cut but now Boras gets a cut.
    So at 45 million he will be taking a loss from the RS 40 mil.
    Like I said there is no agent fee included in the RS 20 mil whereas Boras will get 15%+. So Boras gets at least 6 million and Manny gets 39 million.
    I won't even bring up that taxes will be more in LA and to live in LA is even more expensive than Boston.

He is taking less in LAD than in RSN.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from trollslayer. Show trollslayer's posts

No Pay Cut For Manny!!!!

Did you write that in your website louie, we're interested in seeing your website!!! The reason he got paid is because the dodgers are gutless and cant stick to their guns.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waltham781. Show Waltham781's posts

No Pay Cut For Manny!!!!

I didnt think Manny still played for the Sox???

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

No Pay Cut For Manny!!!!

Exactly what I was thinking... Good post JimfromFlorida.

MustangBri-2 aka Brian from Orlando

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_2767828. Show user_2767828's posts

No Pay Cut For Manny!!!!

REd SUX fans are full of it , I hope they don`t see another playoff game for another 86 years

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

No Pay Cut For Manny!!!!

I knew there be some invented twist once Manny signs. So many of you have based most or all or your argument that Manny sucks because nobody wants him, now you scramble for a new lie, a new history, and a new team (LA)to despise.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

No Pay Cut For Manny!!!!

[Quote]I believe Manny's options were for 20 million over the next two years, so this deal gives him a five million dollar raise this year and it would be a push next year. Wonder if it was worth it to him to trash his reputation.[/Quote]

Yeah, Louie's math is like a typical Yankme fan's....bad.

I love that Scammy didn't get what he wanted....4 years 100 million! DOH!

To answer Louie the drip, I never thought that Scammy wasn't getting the years because of his age...it was that and he is a cancer in the clubhouse.

Hey what happened to Scammy signing with the Skanks?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

No Pay Cut For Manny!!!!

[Quote]Folks think about it since it was discussed when he left the RS options and went with Boras. The 2 option years were with out an agents cut but now Boras gets a cut.
    Like I said there is no agent fee included in the RS 20 mil whereas Boras will get 15%+. So Boras gets at least 6 million and Manny gets 39 million.
    I won't even bring up that taxes will be more in LA and to live in LA is even more expensive than Boston.

[/Quote]

BINGO!

If I were Scammy I would fire Bore-arse.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

No Pay Cut For Manny!!!!

[Quote] MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT IT ........ IT CERTAINLY WILL BE A PAYCUT !! (NOT DONE YET)..... 45 MIL FOR TWO YEARS (WITH AN OPT OUT) THAT SON IS A P A Y C U T !!!! ANY THING LESS THAN THE 100MIL FOR 4 YEARS AS MAN-CHILD & BORA$$ BOASTED ABOUT """""" IS A P A Y C U T "" !!!!![/Quote]

A first grade math student can see $45M for 2 years is indeed a PAY RAISE over $40M/2 yrs. It is incredible how people spin obvious facts into sheer idiocy. In this economy and after all the crap that went down in Boston, a team still gives Manny a 12.5% raise should sow you how great of a hitter he must really be, instead you twist it into some stupid thing about what he wanted ($100M for 4 yrs) vs what he got as meaning he gets a paycut.

Your whole argument that Manny is worth what he is getting paid, didn't even work when he was unsighned, now you look like an even bigger fool to say he is getting a cut.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

No Pay Cut For Manny!!!!

[Quote]I knew there be some invented twist once Manny signs. So many of you have based most or all or your argument that Manny sucks because nobody wants him, now you scramble for a new lie, a new history, and a new team (LA)to despise.[/Quote]

Nobody said Scammy sucks. Nobody is going to despise the Dodgers....they like to take our leftovers.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

No Pay Cut For Manny!!!!

[Quote]

A first grade math student can see $45M for 2 years is indeed a PAY RAISE over $40M/2 yrs. It is incredible how people spin obvious facts into sheer idiocy. In this economy and after all the crap that went down in Boston, a team still gives Manny a 12.5% raise should sow you how great of a hitter he must really be, instead you twist it into some stupid thing about what he wanted ($100M for 4 yrs) vs what he got as meaning he gets a paycut.

Your whole argument that Manny is worth what he is getting paid, didn't even work when he was unsighned, now you look like an even bigger fool to say he is getting a cut.
    [/Quote]

Add in his agent fees and LA Taxes compared to Mass Taxes....Manny is making less.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

No Pay Cut For Manny!!!!

[Quote]Folks think about it since it was discussed when he left the RS options and went with Boras. The 2 option years were with out an agents cut but now Boras gets a cut.

[/Quote]

when people ask you what you make, you tell them your yearly salary, you don't take out taxes and other things you choose to spend some on. Manny is making 45 M, he chose to pay Boras 15%, he still makes 45M. When Manny was making 20M for Boston he was paying 15% to his ex agent who signed the deal 8 years ago. You guys will try anything to spin a Manny win into a loss, just so you feel all cushy inside.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Medic87. Show Medic87's posts

No Pay Cut For Manny!!!!

NOBODY CARES WHAT THE FOOLS IN BOSTON THINK.

Then why the heck are you posting a message about it!
    Apparently "nobody" doesnt include Louiedadick

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

No Pay Cut For Manny!!!!

[Quote]

Nobody said Scammy sucks. Nobody is going to despise the Dodgers....they like to take our leftovers.[/Quote]

manny led the Dodgers to the playoffs.

I think they are happy and wanted more.

it's not dumb to take leftovers if it is a juicy filet.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

No Pay Cut For Manny!!!!

The fact of the matter is that scammy went crawling back to LA with his tail between his legs.....he didn't get his 4 years 100 million, and he finally agreed to the offer that LA had proposed to him 2 times....

Egg on Scammy's face! I LOVE IT!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roast1999. Show Roast1999's posts

No Pay Cut For Manny!!!!

[Quote]I knew there be some invented twist once Manny signs. So many of you have based most or all or your argument that Manny sucks because nobody wants him, now you scramble for a new lie, a new history, and a new team (LA)to despise.[/Quote]

There was one team and one team only that wanted Manny. No reason to despise LA, and maybe when he's officially inked in Hollywood we can all move on. I doubt that though :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waltham781. Show Waltham781's posts

No Pay Cut For Manny!!!!

I dunno how much egg Manny has on his face. Anytime you can make $25 mil 1 year and have and OPTION to make $20 mil the next...I think he'll be ok

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

No Pay Cut For Manny!!!!

I like this....

No Manny - No Yanks make playoffs!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts