1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

No Pay Cut For Manny!!!!

[Quote]REd SUX fans are full of it , I hope they don`t see another playoff game for another 86 years[/Quote]

Hey.... Look, It's the bast@rd child of Moonslav & Law2005(x).

Good one Brandon. Now get to school on time. They're serving pizza for lunch today with chocolate pudding for desert!! Yummy!!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

No Pay Cut For Manny!!!!

[Quote]I dunno how much egg Manny has on his face. Anytime you can make $25 mil 1 year and have and OPTION to make $20 mil the next...I think he'll be ok[/Quote]

It is egg when you wanted 25 million for 4 years...but nobody even came close to offering that. I am willing to bet that Scammy plays this year and asks to have his option dropped for next year.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carolina-soxfan. Show carolina-soxfan's posts

No Pay Cut For Manny!!!!

[Quote]

A first grade math student can see $45M for 2 years is indeed a PAY RAISE over $40M/2 yrs. It is incredible how people spin obvious facts into sheer idiocy. In this economy and after all the crap that went down in Boston, a team still gives Manny a 12.5% raise should sow you how great of a hitter he must really be, instead you twist it into some stupid thing about what he wanted ($100M for 4 yrs) vs what he got as meaning he gets a paycut.

Your whole argument that Manny is worth what he is getting paid, didn't even work when he was unsighned, now you look like an even bigger fool to say he is getting a cut.
    [/Quote]

Wrong. Some of the money will be deferred meaning Manny will get paid over 5 years, not over 2 years like he would have had if he'd stayed in Boston (Boston would have picked up his option years had he not pulled his big stunt). In other words when you factor in the staggering amount of inflation that our country is going to see over the next 5 years, and I do mean staggering, coupled with the fact that Manny will now be paying 2 agents instead of one, Manny is losing money. Money Ramirez and Scott Borass screwed up on this one.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

No Pay Cut For Manny!!!!

[Quote]

Wrong. Some of the money will be deferred meaning Manny will get paid over 5 years, not over 2 years like he would have had if he'd stayed in Boston (Boston would have picked up his option years had he not pulled his big stunt). In other words when you factor in the staggering amount of inflation that our country is going to see over the next 5 years, and I do mean staggering, coupled with the fact that Manny will now be paying 2 agents instead of one, Manny is losing money. Money Ramirez and Scott Borass screwed up on this one.[/Quote]

Wrong again to you!

Some of Manny's money in Boston is also deffered.

Boston was never going to pick up the options anyway, not because of what happened in July.

Manny would still have to pay his ex agent 15% of the option money if he had signed, so its a wash.

Stop inventing schemes to make it look like Manny got a pay cut.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carolina-soxfan. Show carolina-soxfan's posts

No Pay Cut For Manny!!!!

You are wrong to assume that the Red Sox wouldn't have picked up his option years. They would have happily picked those up. Manny wanted 4 years 100 million, so he with Borass' blessing quit among many other things. I believe you are right about the Sox money being deferred. So you think Manny made out like a bandit then? Let's assume he does end up making 5 million more with the Dodgers over 2 years. Let's also Consider that he stayed in Boston and put up big numers over 2 option years. He could have then became a free agent and potentially inked a 3-4 year deal with an AL team to DH. Do you think anyone will take a chance on a 39 year old Ramirez now? I'm betting not.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carolina-soxfan. Show carolina-soxfan's posts

No Pay Cut For Manny!!!!

The only one here inventing schemes is pretend to be Red Sox fans like you and Law who tirelessly play the I miss Manny and Theo is always wrong card in order to get responses.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

No Pay Cut For Manny!!!!

was it worth him quitting on the team? Just to make that 12.5%?

the guy is a millonaire.........enjoying his $$ in this lifetime

but was it worth it?..........

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_2767828. Show user_2767828's posts

No Pay Cut For Manny!!!!

What is it that you people eat in Boston ?
    you talk like you have these big history
    let me remind you that is not a good 1
    I hope you don`t see another playoff
    just because of how much sh 1t you talk

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

No Pay Cut For Manny!!!!

I think it is pretty sad that some of you feel personnally vindicated b/c Manny Ramirez may be taking a minute pay cut off on a two year contract that dwarfs what most of us make in a lifetime.

My guess is Manny takes his 25 mil this year, has a monster season and hits an improved market next year where he gets a new 2 year deal, maybe does it again the next year and when all is said and done he will have gotten pretty close to 100 mil over the next 4 years.

The irony of course is that his flame out in Boston will actually have forced him to perform for his money so in the end all parties win, except the red sox, unless of course you're the delusional type who thinks Jason Bay is actually an improvement. Manny has better #'s, makes more money and teams get good Manny b/c he is always auditioning for his next contract.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carolina-soxfan. Show carolina-soxfan's posts

No Pay Cut For Manny!!!!

[Quote]What is it that you people eat in Boston ?
    you talk like you have these big history
    let me remind you that is not a good 1
    I hope you don`t see another playoff
    just because of how much sh 1t you talk

You should get Rosetta Stone and go ahead and learn some English before you attempt to troll on the Boston.com Message Boards.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

No Pay Cut For Manny!!!!

[Quote]REd SUX fans are full of it , I hope they don`t see another playoff game for another 86 years[/Quote]

Wow! Great contribution to the thread. Does your brain hurt from posting such as masterpiece, wordsmith?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lowell4MVP. Show Lowell4MVP's posts

No Pay Cut For Manny!!!!

[Quote]

It is egg when you wanted 25 million for 4 years...but nobody even came close to offering that. I am willing to bet that Scammy plays this year and asks to have his option dropped for next year.....[/Quote]

Are there any direct quotes of Manny saying that's what he wants?

It sounds like typical Boras to me, shooting way high to start, and settling somewhere belowl.

No matter how you slice it, Boras got Manny more money over the next two years than he would have in Boston. And in a crappy economy to boot.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

No Pay Cut For Manny!!!!

[Quote] MOONMAN......... THIS IS NOT A $$$ VICTORY FOR YOUR IDOL....... ONLY ONE TEAM, AND NO WHERE NEAR THE 100MIL AT 4 YEARS !!! ENJOY SON !!!!!![/Quote]

Aren't you the guy that obsessed over every day, counting them one-by-one, as some sort of evidence that Manny was not wanted. Now, he signs for a 25% raise the first year and the same $20M, the second as if the Sox had said yes to his 2nd year option, and now you change your whole argument to say that somehow, because he didn't get what he asked for (few players do, it's called negotiation), you are somehow vindicated.

You are a fool. You said nobody wanted him everyday for I forget how many days. Now he gets a huge raise, and you try to twist it into a loss for him. Is he getting more now than if he had stayed with the Sox? YES! Why can't people accept it?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

No Pay Cut For Manny!!!!

[Quote]

when people ask you what you make, you tell them your yearly salary, you don't take out taxes and other things you choose to spend some on. Manny is making 45 M, he chose to pay Boras 15%, he still makes 45M. When Manny was making 20M for Boston he was paying 15% to his ex agent who signed the deal 8 years ago. You guys will try anything to spin a Manny win into a loss, just so you feel all cushy inside.[/Quote]

moon you are wrong the 40 here had no agent deduction attached for the two option years since he paid the agent in the non option years.
    So paying 15% out of mil does mean you are getting less. Yes he is getting paid more but has less going in his pocket.
    And since you brought it up by playing in LA means he makes 200K less since it costs 200K more in LA at the same level.
    To live on $1,000,000 in Boston you need $1,200,000 in LA. He has lost money big time.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

No Pay Cut For Manny!!!!

[Quote]

moon you are wrong the 40 here had no agent deduction attached for the two option years since he paid the agent in the non option years.
    So paying 15% out of mil does mean you are getting less. Yes he is getting paid more but has less going in his pocket.
    And since you brought it up by playing in LA means he makes 200K less since it costs 200K more in LA at the same level.
    To live on $1,000,000 in Boston you need $1,200,000 in LA. He has lost money big time.
    [/Quote]

WRONG!

His previous agent gets 15% of everything he makes or would have made on the contract he signed at the time, including the money on the option years. You are stretching to find some way to say that Manny lost. Face the facts: sometimes bad guys win. Sometimes bad guys get paid bigtime money. There are so many other things to say about Manny than to invent lies about him getting a pay cut.

First of all, the 2 year options were the teams options, so, really Manny was entitled to Zero dollars in 2009 if the Sox said No. So, in reality he got a $25M raise if you want to spin it that way. But even if you don't want to face the facts, he got a 25% raise this year ($20M to 25%M) and $20M for next year (the same as what Boston could have chosen to pay him, if they wanted, not if he wanted)

It is not as complicated as you think.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

No Pay Cut For Manny!!!!

[Quote] MOONMAN........ SON, LOVE IS BLIND !!!!! YOU NEED TO GET OFF THE SAUCE, STAY OUT OF THE HOT SUN, AND REMEMBER TO COME IN FROM THE RAIN !!!!! YES-SIR, 111 DAYS, AND THIS IS THE BEST HE COULD DO ????? MAN-CHILD WILL BE THANKING THE GOOD LORD TONIGHT THAT THE DODGERS ARE SO STUPID !!!!!!! "C H A N G E IS GOOD" !!!!!!!!!!![/Quote]

And best of all he missed half of ST!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

No Pay Cut For Manny!!!!

[Quote]Moonslav and other Manny apologists: Here you go again. Anyway you slice it, Manny lost. He has the same basic net-agent fee money - paid out over 5 years - living in a more expensive area. He plays for a poorly run organization. The only reason his team made the playoffs is because the other contenders were so pitiful. And he did not get a ring. The Red Sox win because they 1) got rid of a tired, cancerous act, 2) spent the $ on keeping Youk and Pedroia, and possibly Bay, 3) they scored more runs and won a higher % of games AFTER Manny left, 4) they positioned themselves to remain competitive every year with payroll flexibility, 5) they send a message that prima donnas like Nomar, Pedro and Manny can apply elsewhere. By the way, you did note that in the 5 years since Manny became available (2004 waiver move), exactly two organizations have showed any interest (Rangers 2004, Dodgers). If it is so obvious what a catch he is, how comes all the other teams keep passing on him?[/Quote]

The same reason only one team offered AROD $25M/yr for 10 yrs.

The same reason only 2 teams could afford to try to trade for AROD later.

$20M/yr knocks 25 teams out of any chance to have him. It doesn't mean they don't want him.

If he was available at $2M a year, I think almost all teams would want him. Don't confuse "want" with "can have".

Sections
Shortcuts