1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

NO PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR

KEEP THE FAITH

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from txHeat. Show txHeat's posts

NO PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR

PLAYOFFS! <where is Jim Mora when you need him> PLAYOFFS!

They will get in.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajinflorida. Show ajinflorida's posts

NO PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR

HOW SMART IS BB WHEN HE SAYS CASSEL'S OUR QB? NOT SURPRISING HE LOOKED REAL SMART WHEN COACH HAD TOM BRADY UNDER THE CENTER. ABOUT HALF WAY THROUGH THE SEASON, LET'S SEE WHAT THIS REAL SMART COACH WILL HAVE TO SAY.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajinflorida. Show ajinflorida's posts

NO PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR

HOW SMART IS BB WHEN HE SAYS CASSEL'S OUR QB? NOT SURPRISING HE LOOKED REAL SMART WHEN COACH HAD TOM BRADY UNDER THE CENTER. ABOUT HALF WAY THROUGH THE SEASON, LET'S SEE WHAT THIS REAL SMART COACH WILL HAVE TO SAY.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rcasey28. Show rcasey28's posts

NO PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR

I'm not saying it's the same team, but in '01 the Pats were 5-5 before reeling off 6 straight wins. A little early for this talk....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

NO PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR

That's exactly what I've been saying for weeks now! It was not only 6 straight wins, but another 3 in the postseason! I also remember Brady being more of a game manager, not the superstar QB he is today. All they really need is 10 wins and I'm pretty sure that would secure at least a WC. For all we know they may catch fire and wind up 14-2, as unlikely as it may seem. That's why they play the games. In any case I'll still keep the faith, and at the least not question the intellience of a coach who has 5 Super Bowl rings! There's a reason they have 11 guys on the field for each play. But whatever the outcome of the season, they're still my team and I'll support them. Let's not forget, people in NY were calling for Coughlin to be canned and Eli to be benched last September! We all saw how that worked out!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

NO PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR

too early to tell at this point

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulK3. Show PaulK3's posts

NO PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR

I'm in with the late surge theory. BB has a bunch of rookies playing defense. Wilhite, Wheatley, Mayo, Slater bumbling on punt coverage, and also that unknown guy at QB. Who is Guyton? Deltha has had 6 weeks of practice. All these guys are fast, they all take the field in sub-packages, and Dom Capers needs hair plugs every time the defense as a whole screws up but we fans don't usually see who goofed. I'd also like to see a healthy Maroney run behind Steve Neal in December.

San Diego has a good offense. Some prognosticators put that game down as a potential L before the season started. New England was forced to gamble on fourth down in the third quarter and lost. The next series, Rivers almost got sacked for a safety but threw the ball 55 yards and Deltha said he had position and usually can defense that throw, but he didn't. S.D. also had an advantage when Kaczur and Jarvis Green both went down. Rookie teams don't handle emergency substitutions that well.

There was little excuse for Miami, something about a gimmick formation. The other 3 games were wins including 2 away games.

10-6, possibly 11-5.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

NO PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR

[Quote]too early to tell at this point[/Quote]

we've only played 5 games--we have 11 left--but if there's anyone out there who can tell at this point who's going to make the playoffs and who's not--please share this info--I need the money.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccb2006. Show ccb2006's posts

NO PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR

Yeah really, too early to tell at this point how things turn out. I see a 9 to 10 win season...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

NO PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR

We always seem to lose to Denver, regardless of the standings. So, next week, we can continue to say that it's still early. But we all knew that this couldn't last forever. Whether because of injury or old age or bad luck, this great run was going to end sooner or later. It happens to everyone and some teams never reach the level that we did from which to fall back to the pack ( Lions, Cardinals etc ). Can only hope that Belichick really is smart enough to get us through this.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

NO PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR

Reality check. The Pats aren't playing well and yet they have the same record as the Colts. No QB on the Pats roster will reel off 9 straight wins. Regular season or post-season or whatever. The defense has to win some games(cf: greater pressure on opposing QB) ,the running game has be very effective, Cassel has to continue to improve for the Pats to win 9 or 10 games. People seem to think the "great run" is over, this is an easy statement to make when a team loses its best player and leader. Would you make the same statement if Manning was injured ? Oh wait one SB is not a "great run". It just means Manning and Trent Dilfer have one SB win to discuss during an inteview on the NFL Network. It's been obvious for quite some time that the destinies of Belichick and Brady are inextricably linked. The ol coach wouldn't be good without QB thing only applies when coach is without QB (eg: Does Walsh win without Montana ?) . I don't think the run is over just because Brady is injured and the team isn't playing well with a 3rd string QB. A setback. Yes. But does anyone truly believe the Pats will suck when Brady returns in 09 ? The Pats have 11 picks in the 09 draft and currently have rookies getting serious playing time. The same learning curve that applies to Cassel applies to them; only they have been with the team less than a year and Cassel has been with team for 4 years. A team doesn't suck when they lose their best player and struggle. They suck when they have all their best players healthy (seldom happens in NFL) and they still can't win. It's just going to be tough year for the Pats and their fans, but that doesn't mean the run is over. It's very very difficult for a team, any team, to contend for the better part of ten years. Which is what the Pats have done.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

NO PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR

it may be a tough year for the patriots but they are built to contend year in and out. as hannarulz points out, they have 11 picks in next years draft and several rookies playing now. the haters will hope and think the run is over, but the pat's will be back among the leagues elite.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

NO PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR

This Cowboys game today proves how when your QB goes down, any offense that is PASSING ORIENTED will struggle a lot.
    I think the 2001 argument is wishful thinking. The style of offense was much more grind it out then it is today. Unfortunately we have all the talent you could ask for on offense but Cassel just can't do the job.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeanGar. Show SeanGar's posts

NO PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR

[Quote]
    This Cowboys game today proves how when your QB goes down, any offense that is PASSING ORIENTED will struggle a lot.
    I think the 2001 argument is wishful thinking. The style of offense was much more grind it out then it is today. Unfortunately we have all the talent you could ask for on offense but Cassel just can't do the job.
    [/Quote]

Well said sonny, and I'm in agreement. Our Defense is ranked several spots higher than our Offense, Our running game is a few spots higher than our passing game in rank, Our Field goal and Kick Return ranking is top 5-which should be helping out the offense, Our Punting rank is terrible which should be lowering our defensive rank. What else to say, It's not the D's fault, hmmm, It's not the Special Team's fault, hmmm, It's not the runninggame's fault, hmmm, Is it the Offensive Line's Fault when they give the same amount of time as any other team before the passing pocket inevitably collapses, nooo, so it's not their fault, Is it the coaches fault, well, It's weird we had the #1 ranked offense last year (as I stated above, all the other things are fine), so IF You believe thatthey went from running and setting up the best offense in the NFL, to setting up and play calling for one in the bottom quarter in the NFL in under a year, I guess You COULD say that It's their fault, but personally I don't believe that they would suddenly be great to terrible in under a year with the same people on, So Who's Fault Is It, Who's Fault Is It?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

NO PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR

Who's fault is it?

I thought I'd never say this......but you have to start with.....

1) Belichick...the team has been lethargic from training camp. No energy whatsoever. Poor preparation and poor half-time adjustments.

2) Pioli...who's the last draft choice to turn into a playmaker?

08. Maybe Mayo, we'll see.
    07. Merrryweather.....doesn't even start. May end up being a playmaker, but not yet.
    06. Maroney/Jackson/Thomas....that promising class seems headed for bust status.

The last true impact player drfated was Wilfork.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeanGar. Show SeanGar's posts

NO PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR

I DO agree patsfan, make no mistake, Our Drafting the past 3-4 YAERS has been, well, TERRIBLE. I LOVE Draft time, because it's like the ultimate in possibilities, But so many times from 2nd Round on into say 5th rd (I don't car about later rds, hey take a shot BB at some random guy if you want), because in 2nd rd on, BB Drafts for HIS type of Player when He should be doing it less complicated-the Idiot's Guide to Drafting, which is THE BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE! ala Giant's and Chargers-who draft Best Available almost religiosly, and It just hasn't been working for BB IMHO when all's said and done going for HIS guy, or His Scout's Guy (I'd like to scream at him, "Hey BB, you're great and all, but when drafting Is is POSSIBLE that the 5000 National/Media/Collegiate Scout's collectively now a LITTLE more than you and your 3 college scouts?"). But, We got a tough, hard-headed coach man, at times this has worked great for us, and sometimes IMO, in his eyes, He Feels that he Can NEVER BE WRONG.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

NO PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR

First of all, stop saying Cassel is playing behind a pro-bowl line, he isn't. Second, anyone saying the Pats are done now is no fan of the Pats. Third can any of you name a qb that could throw a decent pass when the center (and nose tackle) are dropping back as fast as the qb is?

Cassel has probably been the most consistent player on the Pats so far this season

Half the offensive brain trust is gone for the rest of the year and you expect the play calling to be just as good.

Good thing you folks weren't alive in 1941 or we would have surrendered right after Pearl Harbor. Sheesh! Ialmost hate admitting I'm a Pats fan.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

NO PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR

By the way Shane, you are trying to be pessimistic and you are being totally unobjective. Sounds like a Jets fan. Sure you aren't a Jets fan?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeanGar. Show SeanGar's posts

NO PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR

yea, that's a bright post, realistic analogy too, making you see facts based on stats, making you see the light of day is moot... I think anforementioned, and fitting analogy for you is, If you saw a man running, Italian carbime in hand out of a 6th story school book depository, "You'd ask him if he saw anything suspicious, believing whatever story he gave you and letting him go, because he worked there. I'd like to tell you that We have problems all over the board, with the simple fact being, according to facts and stats, that The QB is the biggest one, but who cares.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

NO PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR

If the Pats don't make the Playoffs then some firings in the coaching department should be in order, Just because the Pats will be great when Brady comes back shouldn't excuse others for failure.

Sections
Shortcuts