1. You have chosen to ignore posts from waldenlou. Show waldenlou's posts

Not too shabby

Look all of you nay sayers, this was a good game, not great but good. Sure Cassel made mistakes that Brady would not, but I think they played well and as Pats fans we should feel good about this. There were some great plays in this game and I for one and pretty pleased.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from waldenlou. Show waldenlou's posts

Not too shabby

Yup!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Not too shabby

Agreed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoyle. Show hoyle's posts

Not too shabby

A win is win

Faulk or the ghost

MVP IMOA

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Servmgr. Show Servmgr's posts

Not too shabby

Cassel was not perfect but he did show some promise today.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Not too shabby

I thought Cassel did pretty well when he had protection. The long INT was a bad throw, but nice to see Randy complete the play and tackle the DB. And finally, the defense steps up late in the game and stops any hope of a comeback! I think I was more relieved at that than with Cassel. The Merriweather PI was foolish, as he had position on the WR. But, all in all, it was a win. That's what counts. Next week will be the big test. The Chargers have to be stunned and desperate after the loss today. I'm wondering if we'll see JBolt here predicting "revenge"? Most likely, but at least he'll now know the Fins aren't the same pushover they were in 07. I would have loved to see the Texans hold on, but it looks like the Colts aren't the same powerhouse as in years past. Well, let's hope Cassel has more confidence in himself after a nice win today. It's good to see 30 points on the board again!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Not too shabby

k-max -have to disagree cassel did very well after a rough start.he threw the long ball it went well.sure a couple of misses,but even brady misses.he had a couple of picks on the long ball attempt.but his numbers are getting better.the running game came through to releive the pressure off the QB.he basicly only had two receivers to work with.moss,and welker.gaffney did a little,and our te,s were a non-factor.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Not too shabby

This game was certainly a step in the right direction and leaves me hopeful for next weeks game. San Diego is in a tough spot right now and backed into a corner but theyre also vulnerable so it should be interesting.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

Not too shabby

[Quote]Excellent win. Cassel's play was very sloppy and unimpressive in my opinion.[/Quote]

they scored 30 pts, controled the ball for 40 min and he was 22-32 on the road in his 3rd career start. I'd say not too bad at all

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Not too shabby

Cassell isn't perfect yet, but for a guy who has barely played since high school, he looks pretty good. I suspect Belichick sees a lot of potential in Cassell and is willing to put up with a few gaffes as the guy gets used to live action. Given his lack of game experience, he's almost certain to make some stupid mistakes, but he seems to be learning fast and by mid season he may be a pretty good quarterback. He's not gonna be as good as Brady--at least not this year--but he may turn out to be at least an average NFL starter and good enough to carry the Pats into the playoffs. Wait till week seven or eight before deciding to bench the kid. I liked a lot of the throws he made today. Sure there were some bad decisions and his pocket presence wasn't ideal, but overall I think he did more good things than bad.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Not too shabby

hey k-max none of us are comfortable since brady went down,but the pats are not giveing up,im not giveing up on them.i know your not.one game at a time.cassels numbers are getting better.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bikerdude38. Show Bikerdude38's posts

Not too shabby

We will do alright with Cassel. While he is not Tom, no one is. Cassel is about average for a Quarterback and that is not a bad thing. The interception came on a play where Cassel was bumped just as he was releasing the ball, it pushed his shoulder forward and the ball came out lower that he intended. The line did better giving Cassel time today too. It means that the Team has to continue to work together and fight for each of their wins; fair enough, we can do that.

This was an important game win or lose, it will go a long way towards defining who the Patriots are this season. They do have some fight in them, they came from behind to do so. The D finally got some pressure on the QB, Thank you guys! Keep it up.

Next week should be interesting. They should be more rested than the home team who has to travel across the US to get home after a very surprising, very physical game in Miami. We on the other hand, have a very short trip to make and a great chance to further bond as a team and gain more confidence in each other. I like it, Go Patriots.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Not too shabby

We got the W and are 3-1 heading in to play the 2-3 Chargers. Just take it one game at a time, big win coming off that loss so I'm happy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

Not too shabby

A win is a win is a win.... BUT, the offensive line is still flawed and after watching some of the other games today, clearly the PATS as a team are not playing with the same intensity as a number of other teams.

The Dolphins, Cowboys, Redskins, and even the Bills in defeat, just seemed to be playing with a bit more energy and purpose.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeanGar. Show SeanGar's posts

Not too shabby

I agree that Cassel is doing much better (for him), but still WAY below average as QB's go... Above ALL else, He has definite bad pocket prescence issues, making the O-Line look much worse than it is. He kinda steps up INTO whichever defender is closest to him at the time. Also, Make no mistake, IF a QB has 5 decent "starter-quality" healthy RBs on the Team (Runningbacks and clock control NOT Cassel won this game for Us), -and Welker (best at his slot "short threat" in NFL), Moss (best at deep threat in NFL), and throw in another decent Wideout and at least, O.K. TE, and what it boils down to Is That ANY QB in the National Football League should be able to do at least as well as Matt Cassel has done IF not a good degree better.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Not too shabby

sean-gar sure cassel needs to still work on some things,but if his numbers are better then peyton mannings. I like that kind of average.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 00chief00. Show 00chief00's posts

Not too shabby

Cassel played sloppy at times, and took at least 2 sacks that he could have avoided, but his play did show improvement, I will give him that.

The defense played with a little more fire, if they continue to play well, they got a chance for the playoffs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeanGar. Show SeanGar's posts

Not too shabby

It's very hard to argue with such a beautiful statement ('course I find it hard to argue with any anti-Peyton Manning statement-bash the Jests next and you're a friend for life 8^) ).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtbr1975. Show mtbr1975's posts

Not too shabby

[Quote]Excellent win. Cassel's play was very sloppy and unimpressive in my opinion.[/Quote]

And exactly how good was Brady when he first started... exactly... he was sloppy and not all that impressive. Give the guy a break its his first season in the lead position. I think you're being far too hard on him. But that's easy when you're just an armchair quaterback.

Sections
Shortcuts