1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Now Here come Saltalamacchia

Texas needs to move Salty or Teagarden with the signing of Melhouse and they need pitching. The Sox now hold all the cards because of Tek and Texas is going to have to take a two step away from Buchholz.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkindc. Show dkindc's posts

hope so - but Texas could still wait. Varitek isn't going to be an allstar forever. The Sox don't need Salty or Teagarden as much right now, so that is in their favor.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MorningWood. Show MorningWood's posts

Agree that the Sox now need to get the young C, but I would prefer Teagarden due to his superior defensive ability as apposed to Salty. He is also projected to hit for power.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bossoxAl. Show bossoxAl's posts

I would go for Salty because he is a switch hitter, more power, fenway should be a good park for him to hit in, and he will have plenty of time to improve his defense.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from badscience. Show badscience's posts

The Tek signing definitely gives us more leverage if we want to sign Salty. Texas just lost another pitcher and we have young pitching to burn. You won't be hearing about any "Buchholz for Salty straight up" discussion anymore, as we're in a much better position now. If we want him, now is the time pull the trigger.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Please , no more threads about Saltalamacchia.

Until he proves he can play.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

I think that waiting is much more prudent. The Sox have Kottaras, whose minor league stats are almost as good as Salty's and who has at least as much potential as a defensive catcher. Plus they have Wagner and Exposito down on the farm, both with promising defensive skills (Wagner supposedly has the best arm in the organization, I believe I've read) and either could develop offensively this year (and be at least as promising as Montero or Teagarden in that repsect, although maybe not as much power).

Tek bought the Sox the chance to wait and see. That's what they should do, IMO. Their young catcher solution may come without costing any of of their young pitchers, who will be much more important after 2009, when Smoltz, Penny and Wakefield may all be moving on!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

[Quote]Id rather wait and see... Joe Mauer would look pretty good in a Sox uniform in a few years.[/Quote]

The Yankees are also going to need a catcher, so expect a bidding war.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeremystewart9. Show jeremystewart9's posts

[Quote]varitek hasnt been an "allstar" for years[/Quote]

Varitek was an all-star last year, don't know how, but he was.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeremystewart9. Show jeremystewart9's posts

[Quote]

The Yankees are also going to need a catcher, so expect a bidding war.[/Quote]

I seriously doubt he is leaving Minnesota. That's his hometown he loves it there, and Minnesota will be moving into a new stadium and he is their poster boy. If they pay him a very decent amount he will more than likely stay. I don't know for sure but he does love Minnesota.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ibbubba. Show ibbubba's posts

[Quote]varitek hasnt been an "allstar" for years[/Quote]
    Tek was an "Allstar" last year or did you forget.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[Quote]

I seriously doubt he is leaving Minnesota. That's his hometown he loves it there, and Minnesota will be moving into a new stadium and he is their poster boy. If they pay him a very decent amount he will more than likely stay. I don't know for sure but he does love Minnesota.[/Quote]

They said the same thing about Teixeira and Baltimore. Unless you want to believe he went to N.Y. because his wife said so, he went where the most money is.

Mauer is no fool, he won't stay in Minnesota and play for peanuts.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bossoxAl. Show bossoxAl's posts

Get Salty, He young and will have two years to get mentor .

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from brarrell. Show brarrell's posts

[Quote]
    Tek was an "Allstar" last year or did you forget.[/Quote]

When I read this post, I believe he meant truly an All-Star-caliber player, at least consistently.

Sections
Shortcuts