1. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

out of town RS fans???

Here in FT Lauderdale there is a number of red sox fans even in the heart of Yankee land. Nobody gives a crap about the Marlins.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfanatheart. Show bostonfanatheart's posts

out of town RS fans???

Californian here. Born and lived in Boston for 12 years before I moved to the west coast.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cberbes. Show cberbes's posts

out of town RS fans???

Put me down as another Florida resident. Born and lived on the South Shore until I was a teen, moved down here with my folks. 34 now and enjoying every bit of this.

When we first moved here the only baseball we could get were Braves, Cubs, and Yankees games....so I read what little I could find in the local paper. My parents were nice enough to buy one of those old 6' dishes back in the early 90s, so I have been lucky enough to have WSBK and NESN since then. I bought a mini-dish when they first came out, and now digital cable gives me Extra Innings.....and my Wife is hooked.

So even though I am a transplant, I was lucky enough that my parents were big enough sports fans to get the big dish back in the day, and I really haven't missed much baseball or hockey since the early 90s.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from judgy. Show judgy's posts

out of town RS fans???

HUGH RED SOX FAN HERE IN OSHAWA,ONTARIO,CANADA........GO SOX!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from norm9340. Show norm9340's posts

out of town RS fans???

Milwuakee, WIsconsin here.

Born in Grafton MA, Raised in Sutton, MA Red Sox fan since 1952 ( The Braves left town and my dad was Braves fan so I was indoctrinated).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bonin. Show bonin's posts

out of town RS fans???

Huge Sox fan here in Minnesota. I watch all of the games on the computer (which I hook up to my big screen) via mlb.tv. When I get home from work I first fire up NESN on DirecTv to watch the pregame. Not counting the Saturday (day) games that are blacked out, I know I've missed less than 10 games this season. And those blacked out Saturday games I listen to on XM Radio or on the internet.

Being here in MN, the Sox are my favorite, then the Twins, then whatever team the Yankees are playing. Except for years when the Sox are in the pennant race (obviously this year). Then the rank changes a bit: Sox, Yankees opponent, Twins.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve49. Show steve49's posts

out of town RS fans???

North Fort Myers transplant from Adams, MA. From our home, we can look across the river and see the lights from City of Palms Park at night. We'll be at the Trop next weekend along with about every other Sox fan in SW Florida. There's a Pat's bar about 25 minutes away in South Fort Myers for the Sundays in the fall. GO SOX & PATS

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctrsfan. Show ctrsfan's posts

out of town RS fans???

Life long RS fan. Moved to CA 10 years ago and found DTV. I didn't miss much . Saw a lot of Angel games when the sox were in town. There were times when almost half the ballpark were cheering the RS on. Now I have moved back to CT. and will finally be able to see the Sox in friendly Fenway.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

out of town RS fans???

I lived in Holden, Amherst, Cambridge, and Somerville my first 34 years. My first game at Fenway was in the early 1960s, when Boston had terrible teams. Along with about 1,000 other people, I saw the Sox lose to Cleveland.

Now I live near DC. There are a lot of Sox fans here, or at least a lot of people wearing Sox caps--even more than Yankee caps. I was at the Nationals-Cubs game at RFK on July 4, and except for Nationals and Cubs caps, there were more Boston caps than any other.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kate0322. Show kate0322's posts

out of town RS fans???

Chicago, IL. Raised in Grafton and Westboro, MA and went to school in Great Barrington, MA and Cambridge. Lived in Boston for another ten years and then took of for the great mid-west. Seems to be a lot of Boston fans here, have a number of bars for both the Pats and the Sox and the games against the WS usually seem to be an even split between the fan base. Even the games a few years a ago against the Cubs had a pretty big Boston representation. I really hope they do that again - one of the best games I've been to was at the friendly confines with the Sox in town.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from totalcarnage. Show totalcarnage's posts

out of town RS fans???

Huge Sox fan here inTroy, NY

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from immey. Show immey's posts

out of town RS fans???

Alexandria, VA checking in here...just up the road from Mt. Vernon. Born in Framingham, 1953, Sox fan for half a century. My wife has been threatening to kill me since I got MLB EI in '03. Yesterday saw the Nats-Rockies at RFK but was watching the Sox-CWS score more than the game. Used to be a radio guy...WLLH Lowell, WNTN Newton and WEEI when it was a great CBS all news station in the late 70's. Still get to Fenway once or twice a year but see most games at Fenway South/Camden Yards. Wanted to jump off a building in both '78 and '86. Wish my dad had been around in '04. I still think we can hang in there this time around so try and keep it positive...the FO ain't perfect but they're trying. I think they'll get a RH bat before 7/31 and dump Willie Mo. The rotation will settle down with both Schilling and Gabbard and they'll bring up Lester/Buckholtz if they have to. Don't waste good young prospects on another BP arm...they're fine there. While I love Wakefield, it's about time to send him and Dougie on their way and throw a young power arm in Wake's slot. And that's the view from VA, for what it's worth.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

out of town RS fans???

Chicago, but from Worcester...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from thavy5. Show thavy5's posts

out of town RS fans???

I live in Helena, Montana during the summers, and Chanute, KS the rest of the year. But no matter where I'm at I know what happens with every pitch of every game! I was born with a nice pair of Red Sox on and have never thought of going any other way

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaycoach. Show jaycoach's posts

out of town RS fans???

Hi from Alexandria Virginia. Born and raised in Malden MA, left there after college and have been living in the sunny south (FL, SC, VA) ever since. Have been following the Sox since 1947 when a neighbor's dad took us to a game. I still remember the thrill of seeing that brilliant green field for the first time. And yes, Ted hit a homer. It's been an interesting, and sometimes rough road, but never dull. The late 40's and early fifties were especially great for a kid who went to sleep imagining himself in that lineup. Dom (our Dimaggio), Pesky, Ted, Junior Stephens at SS, Doerr and all the rest. We had everything, except a way to beat ..... (I won't even say their name). The dark years of the sixties ended with THE IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. We lose the World Series then, but I am sure that we will win within the next couple of years (Hah!) But you know all the rest. 2004 was a dream come true for all of us and we all have stories of our relatives who would have loved to have seen it (mine was Dad). Well guys and girls, we have a good chance again this year. Let's root them on. Go Sox!