1. You have chosen to ignore posts from docmartin72. Show docmartin72's posts

Patriots-Giants matchups / analysis

Giants.

Time for those ring fittings, methinks...

Brady may have to use his other hand to make room.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

I have the utmost confidence in the Pats, but remember they gave NE everything they could handle in the last game. Frankly, I would have rather seen the Packers. Eli hasn't thrown an INT in the post season. That's crazy. Maybe in the SB he'll wake up and remember he's Eli Manning.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from docmartin72. Show docmartin72's posts

Ah, but no way in hell did Belichick show his whole hand on the last game of the regular season. Dome game, so temp and weather are no issue. Patriots win by 17.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from docmartin72. Show docmartin72's posts

Hmmm...messages keep getting deleted? Trolls, perhaps?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxfan1020. Show bosoxfan1020's posts

You just prepare for the best out of the player, and if he does bad, you take advantage of it. That's the mentality everyone should have. It's never, "Oh, he's gonna play bad, so we'll just sit back" and it's happened to the Cowboys, the Packers and the Colts. The Giants beat the two top teams in the NFC. Granted, they're not like the Patriots, but that's impressive. The Boston-New York sports rivalry goes to Glendale!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

How about NYC metro Giants.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gianfran. Show gianfran's posts

Then, too bad for Vermont and Connecticut.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from droogoy. Show droogoy's posts

xkcroi wrote:

Don't underestimate those pesky G-Men... they gave the Pats fits. 38-35 was the score.

You're right.. And the G-Men are now ten times improved over what the Patsies faced in the last week of the season.

We in Packer Nation saw it first hand.

I hate freakin' Bellichick and the New England Patsies, and I hope the Giants spray their butts all over the Arizona desert.

If they do, I will be back here to yap it up with 'I told you so"

The Pats don't deserve 19-0. They are spygate pretenders and aren't fit to shine any of the shoes of the '72 Dolphins.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

Droogoy,

Why am I not surpirsed you already jumped on the Giants bandwaggon. That is 100% predictable behavior even for someone who belongs to Mensa. I am glad you finally vented your hatred for Belichick and the Patriots. Feeling better?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Hey, droogoy, nice to see you are back! So how goes it for our most loyal Pats fan??

So far you have been 100% wrong with your posts and we need you to keep it up! Keep 'em coming, because they are some of the most amusing reads on this board!! (-;

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

It is amusing the perception these out of town posters have of the fans of the Pats as being only regional. He should visit the bar in San Diego, owned by some NE fans, that is all decked out in NE stuff and if frequented by NE fans. I guess when you have a blind hate for a team, you do not see their fans in your own local community. And, they are there!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LawstSoul. Show LawstSoul's posts

"...Southeastern Connecticut or for that matter Burlington, VT."

And some fools thing the universe is infinite.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from droogoy. Show droogoy's posts

Droogoy,

Why am I not surprised you already jmped onto the Giants' bandwagon?

Note to gfkr2:

I am NOT a Giants' bandwagoneer at all. Not now, not ever. I am a Packer fan, born and bred in the snowy, icy tundra of Wisconsin.

All I want is for the Giants (the only other team left) to beat the butts of the Patsies into insensibility and ruin their perfecto run, once and for all.

I am merley pulling for the Giants to STOP the Pats, case closed. That doesn't mean I am their "fan". Anyone would do to stop you guys, but since the G-men are all that's left to run you off the rails - so be it.

Ever heard of: "the enemy of my enemy is my friend"?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

I just wish to say that our "edge" say at quarterback is a different animal than our "edge" say on defense--line, line-backers, secondary--which is more like "slight edge."

Anyway, sanity is welcomed on this over-run colonized board.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

What's the point of your post? To support your contention there is not much Pat fan support outside of NE?

All Pats' fans are saying is that THERE IS support. I have not heard or read of any fan saying the Pats are the MOST supported nor do we expect it. It is posters like you, who dislike the Pats, who want to make the point no one else likes the team and adding that the MAJORITY of the country dislikes the Pats. I don't think you go out of your way to find Pats supporters, because if you did, you would find them. You stick with your own kind and are blind to those that are not. Enjoy your PATS hating world!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from librag. Show librag's posts

hahaha how about "We are almost in NY Giants"

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedecider. Show thedecider's posts

The Giants have tremendous momentum after winning three staright playoff games on the road, and we know from past Pats SB runs, that momentum is key.

I agree that that the biggest matchup problem for the Pats D looks to be Plaxico, as he is playing pretty amazing right now. However, the Pats usually find a way to neutralize the opposing offenses best weapons, so I expect them to slow Burress down. When he played for the Steelers they manged to minimize his impact.

Manning is a bit of a wild card to me. He's played much better than I ever thought that he could, and he's protecting the ball. That performance yesterday under those conditions was impressive. I'm a little concerned about Tom Bradys health after yesterdays game. He played well enough to win, but as others have pointed out, he looked like he was at least gimpy after the game. Of course, in 2001 he had his ankle yanked pretty good in Pittsburgh but he came back and had a helluva SB.

In the first matchup vs. the Giants, the Pats were without Kyle Brady, Neal and Kaszur, so I expect to see them use a more of a ball control offense in the SB. SD couldn't stop that jumbo package yeterday and I don't hink that the Giants will either. Of course they'll throw the ball down the field, but there are no TD records to go after, only a win.

14 points seems a little high to me, but that's Vegas.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from librag. Show librag's posts

60 miles of Foxboro would put you in 4 of the New England States thus Our New England Patriots . 80-100 would put you in 5 out of 6 VT being about 110 miles. Anyway what was the point?

Skiman will be around until February 4th and then he wil go the way all trolls do.......back under the rocks they crawled out from under.

I think the Giants are a great story but alas will lose in a squeaker 52-7.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbelason. Show tbelason's posts

Good Lord. Get a grip on reality. It's going to be a close one, but REALLY?

The Pats are going to win. Maybe next year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorsa. Show victorsa's posts

Watching not only Brady's performance but also his demeanor yesterday was disturbing. It seems to me that he might have had a touch of the flu that Matt Light had earlier in the week, or some other malady that rendered him ineffective (by his standard measure, of course....not related to mere mortals). Whenever the camera showed him on the sidelines, he seemed to have his head down, not animatedly talking with Moss or Welker like he is usually shown doing. I just have the feeling he was trying to concentrate as hard as he could on the game and not toss his cookies. There's been no mention of illness from any of the boston.com commentators, however.

I am confident that he will be better in a couple of weeks.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from slerner. Show slerner's posts

And we care that Eli is Christian for what reason? As to that, I suppose you know that he goes to church each week? So we should root for the team that has the most Christians on it I suppose. Could you go throught he roster and count them up for me since you know so much about this kind of thing?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from donnyboy1. Show donnyboy1's posts

Some Pats fan Droogoy. Lol

This is the third game you've gone with the opposition. I hope you enjoy the game and hope the Pats once again prove you wrong, and that you'll have a blast watching the game, then celebrating the Pats historic victory. It will be fun having so much doubt for your team and rooting for them to pull through anyways.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from docmartin72. Show docmartin72's posts

The Patriots have made me $50 so far. Here's to finding another sucker to bet with.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from curservrsed. Show curservrsed's posts

Ah, but no way in hell did Belichick show his whole hand on the last game of the regular season. Dome game, so temp and weather are no issue. Patriots win by 17.

The casual observer doesn't know this about the Pats. Like in years past, BB is extremely limited with what he shows, as the nation saw yesterday. I honestly believe that the Pats went intentionally vanilla once they made the playoffs, which is about the time they stopped blowing out the competition. Doing enough to win, only pulling out all the stops if needed.

Not sure about 17, but I guarantee you the Pats team the Giants see at the Big Dance will be nothing like the team they saw the last week of the season.