1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatman. Show fatman's posts

Patriots-Jaguars predictions

so lets say the pats jump out to a big lead, like 14 point, which is pretty realistic..do you really think the jags can win via the air? i like the jags, they're a tough team, but they always come up short in big games.. if they were at our level, they'd be playing at home this week, hosting Indy.

on a side note, the jags made probably the dumbest draft pick i've seen in the last 10 years when they took a tall skinny white QB in the 1st round and put him at wr.. are you kidding me? you take a guy in the 1st round to play a position he never played before. it's those type of little things over the years the seperate good teams like the Jags and great teams like NE and Indy..

one more thing, i'm sick of all the fred taylor talk. the guy was a bust until the second half of the season and he's crying about not making the probowl.. his 60 yards a game for the first 8 weeks didn't deserve it, he was luck to be an alternate.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from estreetband. Show estreetband's posts

I should have checked the lastest weather

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

Fatafehi.

Listen- I don't claim to represent anybody but myself and frankly I did ask for not require fans such as yourself to cover my back. I don't claim to be the policeman of the Pats on the board which you would realize if you had read the posts over the season.

As I said before I am a live and let live individual. I do not post on other cities sites as an agent provacateur nor respond unless attacked. In your case, I felt your attack was uncalled for aqnd so responded in kind.

Just to let you kinow I am originally from Dorchester and if you say your from Boston I will accept it.

As for the game which more important, I agree with you the Pats should cover. The only game in which they felt they had a quality opponernt was Pittsburgh and they demolished them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbelason. Show tbelason's posts

"sdmess8"

You got the "mess" part right.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

He said Jags Number 1 Baby-that is Spicer. LDT is the NFL number -1 baby. Do underestimate him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

It looks like we a an intellectually challenged fan of some other less sucessful team. Let us give him an appropriate welcome.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

Sorry to disappoint you neither Belichick nor myself are interested in your same sex proclivities. Please seek help. I am sure drugs or electric shock might help you,

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

We are the most hated people in Jacksonville Patriot Fans!!!

During the Jacksonville Super Bowl the reason Patriot fans seemed dawrfed was every Jaguar fan was rooting for the Eagles. The hatred goes to the 1996 AFC championship when Otis Smith made a fumble recovery that was the play of the game. Jaguars are in the heart of football country and was to this day the most devistating loss in their history.

I lived in boston till 1999 was a 30 year patriot fan and will always will be. I think the secondary is the Jags weakest link and this is a game for Stallworth and Welker to have big games. I love Moss but this is a bump and run D and will keep Moss in check.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatman. Show fatman's posts

These QB stats say it all...

http://www.nfl.com/stats/weeklyleaders?week=18&season=2007

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

Lets give Garrard his due. He runs well for a fat guy. I would like to see him race Wilfolk.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbear. Show dbear's posts

just f'n go away troll.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from droogoy. Show droogoy's posts

FargoNorth wrote:

"droogoy:

del rio would be a ball boy on the patriots staff

now go away"

Hey, I am a dedicated and proud PATS fan. Don't torch the messenger. I have merely reported what my bro has seen and heard from Jax. In my heart of hearts I would LOVE to believe the Pats will rack up no. 17, but after hearing, seeing the evidence - I am afraid I cannot. I don't want us to lose, but it looks like it has an air of inevitability.

Please, man, don't try to shoo away a fellow pro-beanster. I love Beantown and all things about it, lived in Southie most of my life. Treat a fellow fan the right way, and let us voice our concerns and forecasts without rancor.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from droogoy. Show droogoy's posts

sborbust wrote:

"If you really believe your own BS, I have a can't miss proposition for you: take every bloody $ you have in savings, retirement funds etc... get cash advances on all your CCs and get your behind to Vegas just as fast as you can."

Please! As a Pats fan I would never ever do anything so heinous as to bet against my own team! What kind of person do you think I am? What manner of traitor?

I have merely recorded my forebodings at what I now believe will happen, that doesn't mean I would try to profit from those forebodings - and anyway hope still springs eternal and all that.

Please give due respect to fellow fans and don't assume we are pro-Jax merely because we reveal our fears about Saturday's game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from droogoy. Show droogoy's posts

coyote1858 wrote:

" let's be real here!!!!! All this talk about the Jaguar's recent win streak, look, they barely beat Pittsburg, and no one can top our Patriot's 16 game winning streak!!!!!!! "

You are forgetting a very salient point here: the Jags beat Pittsburgh for the 2nd time in less than three weeks. As an NFL network pundit noted, that is very nearly as improbable as going 16-0 especially against a team like the Steelers.

The close game means nada as far as the next one is concerned. Again, those forebodings, plus that nightmare I had last night - when I saw that Jax LB piling on Brady and the poor dude's eyes glazed over, then being led from the field.

I woke up just then...realizing it was but a dream. But now, I don't know. Having my brother Jerry report back from Jax sends shivers down my spine.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from droogoy. Show droogoy's posts

sborbust wrote:

"Hey bud... let me ask you a couple simple questions about the Jags-Steelers game...

Stellers scored to take the 1pt lead with 6:21 secs left in the game. At that point, what was your confidence level that Garrad was going to lead the Jags back to victory? If that had been the Pats with Brady getting the ball back trailing by 1 with more than 6 mins on the clock... mate, even though I am about as paranoid of a Boston sports fan as there has ever been, I'd still be confident enough that the game was in the bag that I'd be willing to let my wife change the channel to the e network whilst I went out for a celebretory stroll with the mutt."

My confidence level that Garrard would have done what he did was less than 5% if that. Again, I gave them no chance at all given the long long odds (akin to getting three royal flushes in row in poker) of beating Pitt. twice in three weeks. . The analogy to what one would have done with the Pats and Brady playing is therefore irrrelevant.

Re: the probability that the Jags will have a 7 pt, lead in the last two minutes, I have worked it out - using all ancillary and critical factor sfor the upcoming game- and find it to be approaching 98%.

Again, we are talking about a different thing entirely. This is NOT the 3rd time the Jags will have played the same team (Steelers) in less than a month, but rather the Jags playing a team that has chilled out for a week - AFTER beating a team they played twice in 3 weeks. Diff'rent kettle of fish, mate.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from guinness02122. Show guinness02122's posts

Where in Southie did you live? I lived there for eight years. You must have been one of the turn-coat blue bloods that bought a posh home on Dorchester Heights in the mid-90's. I can see you in your minivan pulling up to Castle Island catching rays in your Birkenstocks. You don't come off like a Triple-O's kinda guy. AND YOU'RE NO PATS FAN!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from droogoy. Show droogoy's posts

bubthegrub2 wrote:

"I have factored all the evidence I have read here tonight and find the probability of you being a complete moron to be at least 100%!!!!!"

Most implausible, my numeracy-challenged friend. As a bona fide member of Intertel (where only the top 1% of IQ testers are admitted) I am assuredly not in the "moron" class. However, I would wager you might be.

Again, I am a dedicated Patriots fan, and hailed for many years from Southie. I am merely attempting to register my trepidations here - without the invective. Is it not possible for a fellow fan to do so with all this hostility? This meanness.

I have found the Pats' mystical run awesome. However, the aggregate reports from my brother Jerry in Jacksonville, combined with the dreams I had last night, indicate this game will not be the proverbial 'gimme' - not by any means.

Given that my expression of these fears has aroused such paranoia and hostility, I will cease any further ruminations forthwith. After all, the last thing I would wish is to inculcate the germ of fear in any other fans.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from guinness02122. Show guinness02122's posts

Too bad the Quiet Man will be closing in three weeks. I think Muls might be done also. I hear everything up to the church will be turned into condos.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from guinness02122. Show guinness02122's posts

I heard from the owner's son who works at The Intermission Lounge in the Theatre District that Jan. 27th is the final day. I'll miss the QM tips for sure. Broadway station will be unrecognizable soon. Only The Cornerstone will remain.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ElmiraGulch. Show ElmiraGulch's posts

Listen, I live here in jacksonville and the Jags come out with some amazing plays every week. This team is much better than the 05 team. This last weeks passing game was an aberation, I don't expect you guys to understand without watching the previous games yourself. The Jags are powerful on all phases of the game which presents a serious problem for NewEngland.

On the same token I have'nt seen all NE games but mostly highlights.

After seeing the pats play the giants, I'm not that all impressed really, The Jags would have handled them easily.

I'm working with a fellow from Boston, he just moved here about 30 days ago, He keeps telling everyone he's from boston, like he deserves a great response or something............ anyway he's pretty worried about NE this saturday, I respect his opinion because he's seen both NE and the Jags.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nykrb. Show nykrb's posts

The Players are rested and ready to go.

Belichick has had two weeks to gameplan.

The game is in Foxboro, and the weather is supposed to be decent.

Patriots win by double digits.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cccp1014. Show cccp1014's posts

NE beat SD, won @ Indi, @ Dallas, @ NYG (All four still alive in the playoffs) while Jax lost 2x to Indi and got blown out at NO. New Orleans!!!!

I think Brady, Moss, Stallworth, Welker, Watson, Maroney is slightly more talented than (Brees, Patten, Colston, Bush). There is a reason NE had a bye in the 1st round they are that good.

42 - 17 NE

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrick69. Show patrick69's posts

It's plain to see that you do not watch many Patriot games. Two close calls with Pittsburg would concern me if I were a Jaguar fan. When the Pats won by 3 points this year, the sky was falling, and the games were treated as loses. Here is something you need to know since you don't watch Patriot games, Bill is going to severly reduce ,if not eliminate your running game, and the Pats are going 4 wide against your db's. Lets do a quick comparison:

BB or Del Rio

Brady or Girard

Moss or ?

Welker or ?

Stallworth or ?

* Don't forget, while you attempt to run and end up punting, the Pats possession will be a 60 yard bomb. Lets come down to reality.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

We worry about each opponent until the game is over. Then move on. Are the Jags a good team, their record says yes. Have the beaten anybody. Just PIttsburgh. Can they beat the Pats? will they beat the Pats. NO.

I don't think will be hearing from you after Saturday.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

My friend we will be happy to welcome your team to Foxboro on Saturday. Keep in mind we beat the team that beat you twice.