1. You have chosen to ignore posts from willt65. Show willt65's posts

Patriots Miami Game Thread

[Quote]

What are they supposed to do, wait for the Fins to put up another 7-14 points? The game is way over. The Pats have no chance to come back.

BB better whip them in practice this week. If they don't come out strong next game after this performance, it's time to write off the season.[/Quote]

You certainly don't bail out when they are having a bad game. Geez, first sign of trouble and they head for the exits. Pathetic.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from expatfan. Show expatfan's posts

Cassell stick to flag football. You're worse than our 3rd string QB at AHS. The entire team's moral is going down the toilet because of this guy. I would bet anyone out there that BC's QB could do better then this BOZO.

Thanks for nothing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Right now, the whole league is thinking that the Patriots are not a factor. They just got their collective arses beaten by a team is in the initial stages of development.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

So long, fairweather fans, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from willt65. Show willt65's posts

I saw an unmotivated team out there, especially on defense. The secondary was shredded wheat, and the defensive line was a non-factor all day. They didn't come to play.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkklemm. Show rkklemm's posts

Go Fish! Nice to be on the winning side. Fins ALWAYS play the Patsies tough. Yes, the Patsies are different w/out Brady but remember the 'Fins have improved as well. Still far from perfect .... hmmmm...still ONLY one team that can say that!

Where was the coaching genius and the motivational factor? NE needed to shut up Joey Porter and didn't do it. You should have heard the airwaves down here on the media breathing down his neck ESPECIALLY BEFORE the game.

Now, Joey was stupid but perhaps it does go to show you that losing some core personell(sp?) like the Phins lost Ronnie Brown to injury and Wes Walker to trade (in the same division????)

Anyway, I think the Bills will be the team to beat in the East and with Brett inspired Jets a close 2nd. Think that the Phins and the Patsies will fight it out for 3rd although I will be realistic...the Phins still have a long way to go. One solid football game over a tired older champion team does not a season make but it is one to savor for a day or so as both teams go into their bye weeks.

A Dolfan since '67 when I moved from Manchester NH to Delray Beach and then moved to Topsfiedld, MA before finally resettling back in Delray.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ForwardFan. Show ForwardFan's posts

[Quote]So long, fairweather fans, don't let the door hit you on the way out.[/Quote]

Well said, themightypatriots. They won't be missed!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hypnocoach183. Show hypnocoach183's posts

One of the worst efforts on both sides of the ball from a BB coached team that I've ever seen.
    To lose at home to a team like the Dolphins with the talent difference between these two teams is unaceptable. The Pats players and coaches should be donating there game checks to charity for this stinker!
    Many things are forgivable in sports but a lack of effort from a superior team is not one of them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

Despite today. The season is not over. I mean, one loss in 2 years people!

Personally, they needed this. In a way, I thing BB knew this too. Let them eat all the negatives this week and next. The entire team played like they wanted to hurry up and go to McNabb;s house for soup!

Elllis Hobbs should feel let down, He gave it all today and the rest of the team called it in. Too bad we didn't get to see much of O'Connell. I am PRAYING that BB says enough is enough to Cassel. It appears the team just doesn't want to play with Cassel at the helm. I think O'Connel wil fire them up. Start him next game. Bye week so, 2 weeks to get going Kevin. No hope with Cassel. I see a lot more hope with O'Connell. I've said this since pre-season, KO is a gem in the making. He can run. He can throw on the run. He's big. Fairly fast too. Good arm strength (make that strong arm ). I saw the team play behind him in the pre-season. I didn't see that with Cassel. That's the critical factor here now. Start KO and give the rook the chance. Cassel looked lost out there. All these years on the bench and this? He doesn't have it. Period. I never believed we had a chance with him even after the past 2 games.

Time to release Cassel. Start KO. Let's move on.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkklemm. Show rkklemm's posts

Go Fish! Nice to be on the winning side. Fins ALWAYS play the Patsies tough. Yes, the Patsies are different w/out Brady but remember the 'Fins have improved as well. Still far from perfect .... hmmmm...still ONLY one team that can say that!

Where was the coaching genius and the motivational factor? NE needed to shut up Joey Porter and didn't do it. You should have heard the airwaves down here on the media breathing down his neck ESPECIALLY BEFORE the game.

Now, Joey was stupid but perhaps it does go to show you that losing some core personell(sp?) like the Phins lost Ronnie Brown to injury and Wes Walker to trade (in the same division????)

Anyway, I think the Bills will be the team to beat in the East and with Brett inspired Jets a close 2nd. Think that the Phins and the Patsies will fight it out for 3rd although I will be realistic...the Phins still have a long way to go. One solid football game over a tired older champion team does not a season make but it is one to savor for a day or so as both teams go into their bye weeks.

A Dolfan since '67 when I moved from Manchester NH to Delray Beach and then moved to Topsfiedld, MA before finally resettling back in Delray.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkklemm. Show rkklemm's posts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

Watch.........Matt will be the starting QB for the next game...........whether we like it or not.......they won't switch him out that quick......not on one game........no matter what we think of him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeepguy2358. Show jeepguy2358's posts

[Quote]

Nice turnover by Cassel with a wide open Thomas. Who's fault was that.[/Quote]

Well you're right. That would have made it 38-20. Much better. Now that we all feel better about that, any chance someone might want to talk about how our strong defense lost the game for us, not Matt Cassell.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paulawht63. Show Paulawht63's posts

Defense never even woke up They did absolutley not 1 thing to help the team
    Cassel needs to start THROWING the ball long,
    The only person that did anything for the team today was Ellis Hobbs the rest stunk
    IDIOTS

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cup2009. Show cup2009's posts

[Quote]The refs screwed us again on the Fins' first TD drive.[/Quote] so catchu7 if it wasnt for the REFS the Pats would have won hmmmm I DONT THINK SO

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ironman11. Show ironman11's posts

The refs couldn't throw the game the way the Pats defense did. Any defense could look good when you only play 4 minutes a quarter (like the Pats past three seasons), but they are showing their age and how out of it they are now that Brady isn't hogging up the play clock.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mykey123. Show mykey123's posts

[Quote] ...No hope with Cassel. I see a lot more hope with O'Connell. I've said this since pre-season, KO is a gem in the making. He can run. He can throw on the run. He's big. Fairly fast too. Good arm strength (make that strong arm )...

Time to release Cassel. Start KO. Let's move on.[/Quote]

I agree. Although I believe Belichick will give Cassel another couple of starts before he makes the switch. But I do like O'Connell. He's big, fast, smart, with a good, strong, accurate arm. I say the sooner we move to O'Connell, the better.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

The Pats have played the "bend don't break" style for two seasons.

Actually we've played it all decade.

O'Connel wil fire them up. Start him next game.

Right, a rookie QB is what this team needs. Maybe he can play defense too.

To all the holier the thou posters who feel it ok to lose a game. That us fan who are passionate and don’t accept an L are some how less a fan. FU.

A loss is not acceptable, but saying we should cut our QB, our D Line, our secondary, our offensive coordinator, and the head coach's entire philosophy is acceptable?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from murphcc1. Show murphcc1's posts

Me thinks they need to talk to Daunte Culpepper...... Culpepper and Moss??? Fuggeetaboutit....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

The Pats were embarassed today. They didn't do anything. How many times does a trick play work in a game? I counted 6 out of 6 -- 5 for touchdowns.

Well, I hope they got it out of their system. Several years ago, after they clinched the division, they lost to a a lousy Miami team in Miami on Monday night. I was there and I said at the time that this was probably a good thing. They then regrouped and went on to win the Superbowl.

I don't think it is the same this year. We will have to fight for every win. I am downgrading my predicitions (in another thread) from 11-5 to 10-6. We need to beat Buffalo twice. We do that and the division is ours -- but not if they play like they did today.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coose. Show Coose's posts

The Pats blow. God bless America. If only Brady could hobble off the field every week. But seeing Harrison cry like the girl he is might be as good.

I mean, come on, the Dolphins? They suck! It's perfect payback for the most overconfident team and fans of all time.

This is one to savor...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from macsmart. Show macsmart's posts

The Pats defense was the same one that showed up for the Super Bowl. They were slow.

And where was the offensive line? Yes, Cassel is a rookie...so he needs even more protection.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from macsmart. Show macsmart's posts

The Pats defense was the same one that showed up for the Super Bowl. They were slow.

And where was the offensive line? Yes, Cassel is a rookie...so he needs even more protection.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from macsmart. Show macsmart's posts

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from progers1013. Show progers1013's posts

Did Miami dress up as our O and D line??? Cassell is not the only scapegoat here....