1. You have chosen to ignore posts from firstandgoal. Show firstandgoal's posts

Pats being investigated

In a related stroy, the NFL is also investigating the NE / Jets game for a blatant violation of the NFL Player's agreement. It appears the Jets fielded a team consisting of players from the Bronx Peewee football league. Although the quality of play from the Jets peewee players was no different from previous games with the Patriots, the Patriots dismantling and overall total manhandling of this so-called NFL franchise leads the league to believe there was collusion.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jiminycricket. Show jiminycricket's posts

Pats being investigated

haha. that's what Man-jean-yus gets for being so disloyal

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Pats being investigated

This is how the NFL (located in NYC BTW) keeps parity in the league, I wouldn't be suprised if we were penalized.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Pats being investigated

OK - so lets gets this straight, Belichick is accused of not only filming the opponents sidelines for signals, but also of jamming the radio recievers in the OPPONENTS stadium?? OK Bill just admit to us your really a CIA operative.... LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toine08. Show toine08's posts

Pats being investigated

Mr. frozenropine,
    You represent the intense jealousy that occurs when others talk of the Patriots. Go ahead you can steal our signs. We're gonna move Randy from wide left, to wide right, to the slot. You won't stop him even if you know. We'll line up three tightends and power rush you with Maroney, then Sammy. You won't stop them even if you know. How bout a little playaction to Watson, or a Wide receiver screen to Welker. U gonna stop that even if you know its comin? Didn't think so...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bksmooth. Show bksmooth's posts

Pats being investigated

Your LOL limit for today has been reached.áAny further LOL's before midnight will result in potential fines, and other possible penalties.Thank you,The management

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannygb9. Show dannygb9's posts

Pats being investigated

I hate u.

Manning Sucks

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

Pats being investigated

Yeah, the action taken should have been that the Pats stop doing it on their own.

I feel cheated as a Pats fan.

I would rather lose fairly than cheat and win becuase YOU did not really win.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from limes78. Show limes78's posts

Pats being investigated

jeez.... one super bowl and all that talk.á i don't even really need to respond do I?á

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from limes78. Show limes78's posts

Pats being investigated

do we even know what they did?á do we know what is on the tape?á i have a hard time with the idea that if they actually did cheat that Tags or somebody else wouldn't have said something.á I don't buy the idea that the league is after the Pats, but you also have to look at things like Dungy and the boys whinning about the no call "pass interference" and then getting a rule change (which didn;t change any results).I also don't think a video camera had anything to do with Ty Law terrorizing Manning for years or Vinatieri getting the ball through the uprights?á

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from totalcarnage. Show totalcarnage's posts

Pats being investigated

OH Please, How old are you? This has nothing to do with wether or not they want the Pats to win a Super Bowlá. If it is confermed and I say IF, then they got cauht looking for an edge and it happens to be illeagal. I'm a big Pats fan. I just hope the camera was pointed at something other then their coaches.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from totalcarnage. Show totalcarnage's posts

Pats being investigated

Come -onááááááááááááááááá This is no conspirasy against the Pats. Someone got wise to a guy with a camera and they are going to check it out. Hopefully they dont find it pointed at the opposing coaches. Give me a break on this conspirasy crap . If the league actually didnt want the Pats to win they could do it without some crazy camera incident.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from donspartucus. Show donspartucus's posts

Pats being investigated

Yeah I'm sure Peyton never, ever tries to figure out the signals of the opposing defense.á Nope. Never.He doesn't have to he gets the whole world handed to his favored Candy ...! Including rule changes when the Mean Patriots picked on his recievers and every tvácommercial known to man.The little darling of the NFL.á

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Pats being investigated

Unfortunately, it's true...The Pats caught the Jet's DC crying.. and have it on tape....the WR's and O-Line men were repeatedly rewinding and laughing during the film session today, and later threw popcorn and flipped beer caps at the screen...Eric Mangini was also caught picking his nose, and eating several reuben sandwiches before halftime.It's terrible!á

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LawstSoul. Show LawstSoul's posts

Pats being investigated

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/don_banks/07/06/cheating.nfl/index.html>

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from totalcarnage. Show totalcarnage's posts

Pats being investigated

Oh Its true alright. i just hope your discription of what they have on tape is true.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from now4000. Show now4000's posts

Pats being investigated

"I think I'll stick with the Colts and Dungy.á LOL

Anyone ever accuse Dungy's team of cheating?á LOL

Thoughts?

You guys are pathetic. "

YOU KNOW WHAT'S REALLY PATHETIC?á THE COLTS RECORD VS. THE PATRIOTS!!á bwhahaha!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cherrycoke813. Show cherrycoke813's posts

Pats being investigated

I'm personally going to try to reserve judgement on this one until more facts come out, such as what was on this tape, and who actually made this guy film on the sidelines.á It's disheartening that the Patriots apparently pulled something like this last year as well, and certainly doesn't sound good for the organization.á I think that with our players and amount of talent, we're fully capable of winning without resorting to classless measures like this, if that is in fact what the cameraman was taping.á

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cherrycoke813. Show cherrycoke813's posts

Pats being investigated

A Colts fan saying "Kiss the Ring" to a Pats fan is about on par with a Red Sox fan having the cojones to say that to a Yanks fan after the 04 win.á The Pats are a great team, no doubt about it.á If they DID cheat, which only time will tell, that's really lousy, and they should be punished accordingly - but as someone else mentioned, taping a coch giving signs on the sidelines is not going to win you a football game.á When it comes right down to it, yes, it can give you a slight advantage (if the other team doesn't mix up their play calling) but ultimately the players win and lose games based on talent.á

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcnhwildcat. Show jcnhwildcat's posts

Pats being investigated

If the Patriots broke the rules, they should prepare to deal with the league sanction.á But I cannot imagine they are theáonly ones engaging in this type of behavior, though it seems like they are the chief focus.á Until theáinvestigation is expanded to look at the entire league, it will seem like this is a plot against the Patriots.á Others on this board haveácited the Dolphins game last year andáthe similar accusations against them; accusations that quickly fizzled into the nothing that they were.á It does seem like the Patriots are being held to a different standard.á Perhaps when an earlier poster said "success breeds contempt," there is an element of truth.á I can remember the 49ers of the 80's accused of leg whipping and generally playing dirty.á The Broncos of theálate 90's were accused of cheating on the salary cap.á Bottom line, those teams and those organizations were successful.á Perhaps in the NFL, success does breed contempt,áand bitterness.It also seems to me that the Patsáwould have had much more impetus to try to steal defensive signals from opposing teams last year when their offense was dealing with the problems in the receiving corps (Branch holdout, lossáof Givens, Brady out of sync with subpar receivers, etc.).á In other words, when their offense was a fraction of what we saw yesterday.á I question the timing of this and the HGH revelation.á Suddenly out of the blue, a week before the season starts, RH is suddenly confessing his use of HGH to the world?á Can anyone honestly say they think he's the only NFL player to use a banned substance that can't be tested for?á And don't say "he's the only one that got caught," because the investigation involved athletes across many sports, including football.á Why have no other players been so implicated, only Dallas' QB coach?á Perhaps the implications are forthcoming, I don't know, we shall see.á And then now, shortly after the Pats dismantle the Jets and showcase their new offense, suddenly they are being accusedá of getting an unfar advantage by stealing defensive signals from the Jets?á The timing raises questions.á Like I said, if the Pats broke league rules, they should face the music.á But nobody on this board can, in all honesty, tell me the practice of stealing signals is exclusive to the Patriots.á

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prejudiceless. Show prejudiceless's posts

Pats being investigated

Actually.....filming on your own sidelines is most definately allowed by the league. However, the people filming have to have certain credentials and be marked in a certain way by wearing a vest that identifies them as being authorized to do it, and they are not allowed to film opposing teams signals. As for stealing signals.....please.....all they have to do to steal signals is look across the field at the other coaches. Hand signals are designed to allow a player to visually see a coaches instructions from the sidelines. Not hard to steal something that is being broadcast to the whole field so every player on the field can look over and see what they are doing. As far as I'm concerned it is a non-issue, but opposing teams need some excuse for not having the ability to beat the Patriots. Accusing someone of cheating casts suspicions on the accused even with absolutely no proof whatsoever (see Barry Bonds).

"The rule is that no video recording devices of any kind are permitted tobe in use in the coaches' booth, on the field, or in the locker room during thegame," the league said in a statement from spokesman Greg Aiello. "Clubs havespecifically been reminded in the past that the videotaping of an opponent'soffensive or defensive signals on the sidelines is prohibited.

"Teams are allowed to have a limited number of their own videographers on thesideline during the game, but they must have a credential that authorizes themto shoot video, and wear a yellow vest."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap;_ylt=ArQMPAweTsPXNY5syHsJ4zyO2bYF?gid=20070909020&prov=ap

Last year, the only issue is that since he was not wearing his vest and didn't have the proper credentials on him the Packers security notified the league of the instance, and the media has blown it way out of proportion. If there was evidence of any wrongdoing the Patriots would have been punished last year for it, and the league would know already about this instance, since they have the tape already.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prejudiceless. Show prejudiceless's posts

Pats being investigated

You highlight a statement that the Pats were "REPORTEDLY" the impetus, then say that it means "It seems the Green Bay incident was the cause for that letter to all teams." Look up "reportedly" in the dictionary. In laymans terms, reportedly means that someone heard from someone else that it is possible that what somebody else said about something may be true, but they don't know for sure.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prejudiceless. Show prejudiceless's posts

Pats being investigated

"If you do anything wrong and get caught you get suspended or fined PERIOD!!! Bill got caught cheating (twice) and is going to face the consequences (if any)"

Ummmm.....just wondering how he got caught cheating twice but hasn't been fined or suspended for either of these times? Hmmmmm, maybe he DIDN'T get caught cheating, but the opponents sure as hell wish he was because they would have a good excuse for getting rolled up like a blunt and smoked.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prejudiceless. Show prejudiceless's posts

Pats being investigated

I think the whole point of the articles about the Pats captains was intended to show the respect that Junior Seau the player, not Junior Seau the Patriot, has from a team with 3 Superbowl rings. If he was on any team in the NFL and named a captain there is a good chance that it would have been noted by someone, it just happened to be ESPN and the Patriots.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rmac378. Show rmac378's posts

Pats being investigated

Togah,áActually the Colts are cheaters and it's a lot worse than supposedly filming their opponent, which could be done from the stands or with binoculars any where in the stadium.á If the Jetsá are so concerned about signal stealing then mask your signals.á The Coltsá cheated by pumping the heat up in the Dome in the AFC Championship game to 85 degrees knowing the Pats were undermaned from injuries and suffering from the flu.á Now that is cheating and playing football indoors is also cheating in my eyes ;what a joke, sack up football was made to play outdoors.áá Football in an environment where you set the temperature to your advantage and without wind when you a passing offense; that my friend is cheating.áTony Dungey has been accused of cheating multiple times not playing out the season with his best players is cheating fans out of their hard`earned money.á And what about Peyton always being in the refs ear much more than any other QB using his choir boy persona to gain unfair advantage; would that not be cheating?á I mean you are pointing to BS cheating by the Patsá thats not been sunstantiated; when in reality you're team is cheating.