1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hotmama. Show hotmama's posts

Pats being investigated

I really doubt the Patriots are the only team to do this.á They just got caught.á Knowing Matt Estrella was caught last year - it was pretty stupid to have him video again.á And . . . they were playing the Jets - not worth it!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from peacenik. Show peacenik's posts

Pats being investigated

Don't worry about the videotaping - Alberto Gonzales authorized it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_465598. Show user_465598's posts

Pats being investigated

"I'd like to know why no reporter asked Bellichick the most obvious questions. Like. ... Did he know about the illegal videotaping? Did he or any of his subordinates direct Estrella to videotape the Jets coaches? And, how could he not know that this was going on, given he's known as a micromanager? ... I know Bellichick's an intimidating guy, but it's time for these sports "reporters" do start acting like actual reporters and ask the tough questions."

He refused to answer any questions moron.....wake up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hollywood. Show hollywood's posts

Pats being investigated

so its illegal for someone to video tape signals...but its ok to sit there with binoculars and take notes? this really is about kicking and screaming into the 21st century. there is NOTHING WRONG with stealing the other teams signals. its always been done. the issue is the technology...and well the rules.

i guess bill thought he was working through a crack in the rules...otherwise who in their right mind has someone on their sidelines with a video camera. there are plenty of ways to hide cameras or even to just buy the dude a ticket in the front row. it obvious bill thought he was working within the rules as they are stated.

he has always scoured film for players "reveals." in one of the season summeries he talked about having a read on a line man who was down for runs and up for passing plays. he was frustrated that the player was out for the game. there is no ethical difference between this and reading signs to me. a good coach looks for every read he can get his hands on.

btw...i HATE that this makes good news.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_465598. Show user_465598's posts

Pats being investigated

This is a sexy story. A snowball rolling down hill getting bigger and bigger created by a 24 hours news cycle and the NY sports media (hacks). Ask Imus if he knows anything about this. I'd say Kraft fires Belichick but he'd be in NY about 12 hours later accepting the coaching job of the Giants. The NY media which is fanning the flames would be in celebration mode.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_465598. Show user_465598's posts

Pats being investigated

What kind of steroids are you injecting when you do the lights out dance? People in glass houses....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rb123456. Show rb123456's posts

Pats being investigated

The Chargers are by far the most over rated team in the NFL.They had a soft shedule last year and should have lost to a Bears team that has a lousey quaterback, at home.Sunday night the truth will be on display for ALL the word to see.á

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from peetie44. Show peetie44's posts

Pats being investigated

A little perspective, perhaps? No matter how distasteful the MV dog-fighting situation is, or the trail of crimes left by P-Man Jones, NONE of these affronts had ANY bearing what-so-ever on the outcome of contests presented by, if memory serves me, the American team sport which has more $$$ wagered on the outcome of it's games than ALL OTHERS put together. This aint goin' away, right, Mr. Stern? (now the happiest commish in sports)

SUSPEND BELICHEAT NOW!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from peetie44. Show peetie44's posts

Pats being investigated

Eugene Chung,
    Don't know if you've been following this, but apparently there have been other complaints about Belish*t's film tactics over the years. The Pats play the Jets TWICE every year. How about I tape your signals the first game, match each of the your defensive moves to the League-sanctioned 'game tapes' (available to all teams' opponents) at my leisure, and guess what I know for the next game?

Pats goin' DOWN!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cathyp25. Show cathyp25's posts

Pats being investigated

Obviously,á when I posted the message that they had "seemed to cheat," there had not been any statement by the NFL yet about the investigation. Unlike all of you Pats-haters, I don't jump to conclusions, I wait until I hear the evidence and the verdict. That being said, lets get the punshment over and done with, kick the Chargers' butts, win the Super Bowl and show everyone that we don't (and never did) need to cheat to win.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from peetie44. Show peetie44's posts

Pats being investigated

So, you mean they change the whole play-book, too? The signals they send in from the sidelines correspond to specific plays AND that day's game plan. It's not that complicated. The signal your team uses for a safety blitz, for instance, is the same no matter who you're playing. NO team is allowed to do ANY individual taping during games. Check the RULE BOOK.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mackerel2007. Show mackerel2007's posts

Pats being investigated

Belichick didn't do anything in Cleveland.á All of a sudden he is a genius...but not really.

Not only is he a fraud...this proves that he is a horrible coach that the pats only won 3 championships.

I would have won 5 in a row if I was a dishonest coach of the pats.

Whatever you patriots fans think, your team is a disgrace.á What a classless organization.á

If this was indy...all you pats fans would be fuming....

Only thing is, dungy is is not a slimy, dishonest coach like belichick....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mackerel2007. Show mackerel2007's posts

Pats being investigated

good comeback retardo83

colts never cheated.. pats did.

your team is a joke.á any success they had w/ belicheat should have an asterisk.

The 2 BBs...bill belicheat...barry bonds.

Fraud...low class, cheaters...what they did is unamerican.

are you in such denial that you fail to realize that the pats are the joke of the league???á

bill belicheat should get suspended and do a stink in WWE w/ pacman...

what a loser.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stewtopia69. Show stewtopia69's posts

Pats being investigated

Absolutely ludicrous.á The team should be fined, yes.á They violated a league rule.á Having said that, to somehow imply that everything the teamáhas accomplished is a result of video taping a teams signals is laughable.á Stealing signsáin sports is as old as sports itself.á Does anyone really believe thatáthat the Pats are the only team that attempts to figure out the signs of the opposition?á Other teams have said they suspected that this was occuring with New England but their concerns were kept quite.á Of course they were.á It's the old "people in glass houses" thing.á áááááá...Asked why the Patriots werenÆt reported, a Packers executive suggested there was a code of silence regarding such matters, particularly after a blowout.ôIt bothers you that itÆs cheating,ö he said, ôbut itÆs not the reason they kicked our (butt).öYou fine the team, as this was an administrative decision to tape signals.á The players had nothing to do with it.á An opponent could tell you what they are going to do all day long but, at the end of the day, your guys still have to execute better than their guys.á Suspensions and the loss of draft picks would only serve toáhurt the fans.á You know, the folks who pay the bills!!á I think it's a fair assumption that the last thing the NFL wants is to negatively impact the bottom line with theáreduced ticket and merchandise revenues that would result if this were to be blown up into a big scandal.The New England Patriots are by no means the only team to steal signs.á They will, unfortunately, be made the example so that the NFL can show they take this matter seriously.á Make no mistake, The Pats aren't the only ones doing it, they were just the ones to get caught.á

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mackerel2007. Show mackerel2007's posts

Pats being investigated

whoa...whoa..whoa...

i agree that everyone steals signals...nothing wrong wiht that...as long as you are not breaking rules.

but when you have to resort to gadgets and electronics that are not allowed...and when you have been told that this is not allowed after the first time you got caught cheating...employing a person specifically to cheat...having an advantage against other teams since they do not employ such tactics...knowingly know that you are breaking rules and have an advantage....what is there to defend?á the pats won some games that they should have lost.á how many?á who knows?á they only got caught twice, but this crap must have been going on for while.

then making excuses that you interpreted the rules differently... shows no class whatsoever.á this is not something to be proud of.á i hope to god that the celts do not resort to cheating to win games....

if the pats have the balls to go to away games and cheat....who knows what they have in gillette...

they must have some awesome spy equipment...gotta.

time to throw away your superbowl t-shirts & paraphanelias...that sh*at is fake...any patriot fan wearing that shirt outside new england has got to be an ignoramus.

seriously...if i did what belicheat did...i'd coach the pats to 5 straight superbowls.á people will call me the genius golden boy and i'll be in paris banging some brazilian model.á

yes sir.á

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobbyo286. Show bobbyo286's posts

Pats being investigated

"Absolutely ludicrous.á The team should be fined, yes.á They violated a league rule.á Having said that, to somehow imply that everything the teamáhas accomplished is a result of video taping a teams signals is laughable.á Stealing signsáin sports is as old as sports itself.á"Thank you for a voice of reason, JHD, good post.á áI'm as disappointed as anybodyáabout this stuntáas it does take something away from the team's storied list of accomplishments.á [Pats are now fair game for áall sorts of potshots and they're flying high & wide everywhere.] This indiscretion has to be laid at the feet of Belichek., but the players are the ones who are being distracted.á Let's hope it doesn't cost theáteam aáwin on Sunday...áá

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from peetie44. Show peetie44's posts

Pats being investigated

Much like baseball signs (been around @ 150 yrs), the signals have 'on and off' indicators, much like the audibles a quarterback calls at the line of scrimmage (where, incidently, the ENTIRE defense can hear them but are not sure if the audible is on or off). If you can match 'em up, bingo! However, once again, individual teams CANNOT take videos during the game. It's AGAINST THE RULES, ok? Understand? It's a no-no? Bad boy, Billy!

Belish*t sure apologized quick enough, with his legalese, "...my interpretation of the rules"...bla-bla-bla!

Don't worry, they'll probably sweep it under the rug and you can go on pretending. Just like Stern's hoping to do in the NBA, lol.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stewtopia69. Show stewtopia69's posts

Pats being investigated

Sorry to disagree but...ôI think the Patriots actually live by the saying, æIf youÆre not cheatin, youÆre not trying,Æ ö Tomlinson told reporters with a hearty laugh in San Diego yesterday. ôI mean, I think thatÆs the way they live off that statement. You keep hearing the different stories of people complaining about stuff that they do. So IÆm not surprised.öThat sure sounds like an accusation to me.áá It's the line the press is running with too.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mackerel2007. Show mackerel2007's posts

Pats being investigated

Breaking news...

Satan just bought the rights to belicheats soul from bob kraft.á

Belicheat is officially going to hell.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from guinness02122. Show guinness02122's posts

Pats being investigated

Every team participates in some kind of cheating, not just gamesmanship.á I will go further to say that the Patriots run a cleaner operation than most, if not all, of the other teams in the league.á If the same thing was done by the Cleveland Browns, or Green Bay Packers, you would have never heard a thing because of one simple reason; they stink.á If you're great, you're a target.á This does sting, however.á All the work the Pats didáto garner fans outside the region might beáfor nothing.á I hope this doesn't mushroom into something that ruins the Patriots altogether.ááEven though the rule itself is rediculous, they were called out in at least one game last year, and were given a stern warning before the beginning of the season.á To do this in the media circusálike New York, against a former pupil...c'mon, that's not very Belichickian.á The emphasis should be more on the stupidity than the cheating.á You've gotta know that every media outlet in the country is going to run with this as far as they can, especially the haters.á What a horrible way to begin a very promissing season.á Maybe it's better that it was done early.á Maybe the Pats will show the league that they are legitimately the best team without answering these questions during another Duck Boat ride to Government Center.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from peetie44. Show peetie44's posts

Pats being investigated

He was CAUGHT then. And, yes he was taken off the field. But if he had been allowed to keep the tape, who knows about the next time they play? The Jets are in the same division and they play TWO GAMES a year against divisional opponents, last time I checked. And, one more time, IT'S AGAINST THE FRIGGIN' RULES TO TAPE. THEY GOT CAUGHT. Busted. Nabbed. Pinched. Understand? Don't like the rule?...change it.

Come on, Goodell...make us proud!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from peetie44. Show peetie44's posts

Pats being investigated

The truth will set us free.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mackerel2007. Show mackerel2007's posts

Pats being investigated

graymule...you can keep telling yourself how great the patriots are...how they won championships...work hard...high character...etc. etc...but..

the fact of the matter is they got caught cheating..they knowingly violated rules to get to have information that the other team does not have, giving them an unfair advantage.á when the game is influenced because your team employs a crack squad of high tech cheaters..á if this is allowed...then what's next?á visitors locker room and sidelines being bugged.á you cannot compromise the integrity of the game.á cheating is the lowest low in sports.

although i am not a pats fan...i also thought winning 3 superbowls is an accomplishment...but not when you cheat....no way.á the pats are fugazis.á belicheat has zero...that's right..zero credibility.

like i said, if i coached the patriots and cheated...i'd coach them to a dynasty too.

there's no skill involved in cheating.á just got to be scum and not care about your reputation.

people with regular jobs would get fired for doing something unethical like this.

only thing is, the patriots organization lacks class.á they tolerate and defend unethical behavior...to maintain their so called dynasty...which is really a fraud since they cheated.á

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from eric1972. Show eric1972's posts

Pats being investigated

Teams that play in stadiums that were fitted with high tech surveillance systems during the world cup have been doing this for years, including the owners and tenants of Giants Stadium. One would think that all NFL stadiums are equipped this equipment in the post 9/11 era, and all teams do it at home. All teams cheat, it is big business after all

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from guinness02122. Show guinness02122's posts

Pats being investigated

Bill Polian?á Classy?á Art "I'd bet my seester on" Schlichster?á Classy?á Jim "Let's bolt to Indy by morning" Irsay?á Classy?I don't think so, bud!