1. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

Pats fans: Fight back on spygate

Goodell can not do anything to the Pats because of the court of public opinion says so unless he wants all the skeletons to fall out of the closet. If the run through was taped, it violated no specific rule at that time. Banks can put the court of public opinion up where the sun don't shine if he thinks he will ever get another story from the Pats. If Goodell tries to do anything more against the Pats he might as well sign his letter of resignation at the same time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

TP, To answer your questions:� Pats and BB would be punished because it would be a he said / she said situation, and when a he said / she said situation occurs like this, typically the people with the power are the one's covering up.� If this was a he said / she said, Belichick already lost credibility that he could have used in this situation by publically stating that he "misintrepretted" the rules.� This was fully a year before walsh was fired.� Is there any reason to assume that he was in their bad graces at the time of the taping?If Walsh was a rogue, then the pats get nicked for guilt by association.� Responsibility falls to the organization that he was a part of at the time.� Had he not been a part of the organization at the time, the access he had to actually tape would not have been available.� Additionally, the guilt by association becomes even stronger if�Pats video equipment was used for the taping.��The only way the pats get out of this if all of this comes out as truth is if they have some way of proving his actions were done on his own.� I think the thing that the Pats fans have to lean on at this time is that there is actually nothing new that Walsh can provide which may actually be the case.� Think about it.� When all of this came out, did any of us know that Belichick taped all the way back to his first days at New England?� I don't think so.� After this and then specter, it was revealed that BB came clean going all the way back to his first days.� But since�the Walsh thing was already out there, this aspect had to run its course.� It is entirely plausible that Walsh thought he had something to reveal at the time (since the public didn't know that BB came clean) but now has nothing extra.��

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sofla4patriots. Show sofla4patriots's posts

I wrote a similar posting 2-3 weeks ago.....URGING , not only the fans....BUT KRAFT and his administration...TO NOT ONLY FIGHT BACK....BUT EVENTUALLY ...APPEAL....The spygate forfeiture of draft choice in the first round.

The POST was deleted within 6 hours.

Couldn't agree with you more.....BUT IS KRAFT PLAYING TOO MUCH CORPORATE NFL HERE??????

I cannot believe everyone sitting here and still taking this crap.

Patriots need to go after NFL...otherwise NFl needs to impose EQUAL penalties for tamperi ng, adding noise...and TV [ private company] video issues.

Go after Goodell, Spector and the NFL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zitface. Show zitface's posts

"If this was a he said / she said, Belichick already lost credibility that he could have used in this situation by publically stating that he "misintrepretted" the rules. "

Incredible!! Belichick accepts the penalty without condition and he loses credibility. All the Haters complain that he hasn't talked enough about it, yet the one thing he did offer you jump all over. It's not hard to see how he "misinterpreted" it if you've ever actually read every section of the rule book that deals with this subject .. nevertheless, Goodell called BS on that and Belichick agreed to disagree and take the penalty

"When all of this came out, did any of us know that Belichick taped all the way back to his first days at New England? I don't think so."

Even more incredible!! YES, I did, for 2 reasons. 1) Chris Mortensen reported it. Everybody harped on the 6 tapes, but BB said all along that he had been doing it since he came to the Patriots (and probably before, but the owners of those teams weren't telling him to come forward). Neither he nor Goodell ever said that the 6 tapes constitute all the taping that was ever done; 2) Anyone who isn't naive or disingenuous knows that every team has always made a concerted effort to steal signals, but, I know, somehow that's deemed to be irrelevant. I'd love to see how another team would react if all of a sudden the NFL clamped down on tampering by singling out one team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

I honestly am not trying to be a hater here.� I am just stating this from an objective point of view.� I think you make a good point about him accepting his punishment, but we don't know what complaints may have been filed since we don't know everything that the NFL does and since the pats operate in a very secretive manner.� Its not just the rule but the memo as well that Belichick claims to not understand.� Not only that, but if he does not understand something properly, he can always contact the league and ask for guidence.� Belichick never spoke on the subject other than his "move on" speech until after the super bowl and the NFL did not disclose further information.� If you knew something I didn't, ok.� But while we knew there was more taping than just the Jets game, the general public was not told the extent or time frame.�� Finally its not the act of stealing but the method by which it is done that is line.� Look, I will say again that this is all meaningless until something comes out and may remain meaningless after such.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Hey TexasPat: Good to have you agitating for the Pats again. I don't know why mods would delete your thread. I don't think it's a NY Times conspiracy though. Did you read Hohler's article on Walsh in the Globe? Good stuff. Better journalism.

I do agree with you on contacting Kennedy and Kerry. What Spector has tried/is trying to do is total bs and an abuse of power. I am quite tired of this Spygate nonsense. I think Bob Kraft should use his influence to pressure as well, if he hasn't already.

Looking forward to having Walsh exposed for the weasel monkey he is. Rams law suit dropped, they saw the writing on the wall.

How can they suspend BB or take more draft choices away form the Pats. They got nothing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-baby. Show tom-baby's posts

the NY Times is also a minority owner of the Boston Red Sox.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ericpothier. Show ericpothier's posts

Maybe if the team wasn't screwing me on my season tickets prices I would be more inclined to help out.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

TexasPat: Yeah I hear you. Goodell did slam the Pats more than the so called infraction seemed to call for. He also went to see Spector like he was on some kind of leash to the senile old man. I don't know the guy, it appears he wants to be done with this debacle. Why else would he destroy tapes? And I do think there is a whole lot of damning information on other teams "misinterpreting" the rules.Though BB would be the last one standing to be a "ratfink". I think there may come a breaking point in the league on this. Goodell is turning the NFL into a side show circus. Walsh is clearly slime.But yeah, we do need to speak to the "powers that be", and not assume this will all work out on it's own.�Ironically, Goodell does not engender confidence in fair play.�

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

My prediction is that the owners will opt out of the contract and Goodell will show how� powerless he really is without the backing of the powerful big market owners who were willing to do him and the small market teams a favor. This includes a gentleman who owns a team that was royally screwed by an incompetent trying to prove how tough he was. I think the incompetent will become a casualty.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Flasox: I look forward to the body count.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect81. Show mosseffect81's posts

IF matt walsh has nothing I think all the pats fans should file suits.From distracting the team a day before the superbowl with all this crap.and from all the trash talking and harrassments from all the pats haters in this country.Mental anguish is a good Lawsuit.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Sonhoodoo, I see your point, but I would expect the walkthrough to be considered a "closed" practice, and off limits to other teams.� I expect it would be a part of the SB rules, but I could be wrong.� didn't know about him saying he should have called the league.� good for him

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from djmyers7. Show djmyers7's posts

Why should we "fight" back?� We should pressure our lawmakers to also waste time and energy on a corporate entertainment issue?� They should be doing other things (like watching out for wire taps), which is exactly the point of a lot of these posts.��

I will enjoy future Patriots seasons, and my memories of all of their past victories, regardless of the outcome of this political bulls**t, so it's not my concern.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from keithc175. Show keithc175's posts

Hey, TP!There was a really good article on Walsh in the paper this week.� It basically stated there's strong circumstantial evidence he could not have taped that walkthrough with team-owned equipment - something to do with the batteries and no available shore power vs. the cameras the team bought.� The article is generally not very complimentary - if even half of the stuff�is true, there's written proof on his resume that he's disingenueous at best and really sort of dishonest.� He's just not credible.Goodell made an example of the Pats pure and simple.� This would be dead and gone already if this deadbeat golf bum hadn't showed up.� Everyone has the message - don't do this anymore.� Therefore those tapes had no value and were properly destroyed.� No law was broken�- only a league rule and therefore Goodell was well within his�right to have this done.� And therein lies the rub.I restate: this is not a legal�issue.� No law was broken.� Can someone - anyone - then tell me what in the world the government has to do with it?� This is simply not a legal issue and therefore is not legally�a matter for their consideration.� As a matter of fact, I'd say it borders on a 1st Amendment violation not letting a corporation deal with�an internal�rules violation�their own way.� The right to free speech means a corporation has the right to deal with any perceived misdeeds as they choose - unless a law is broken.� If I have an employee behave inappropriately, I have the right to fire them.� Simple.� I think Specter and his gang are violating the league's right to free speech and commerce.� Maybe that's way out there, but that's how I see it.� I'm sure some useless lawyer will write in to tell me how wrong I am, but I couldn't care less.� It's a gross misappropriation of resources and funds and maybe if we attacked them publicly with a Bill of Rights violation, it may get their attention and make them think twice about continuing down this path of government abuse of power.And a furthermore - that broad who obviously falsely accused Moss of some impropriety should be sentenced to spend a month in a battered women's shelter to see what real domestic abuse is all about.� She's a disgrace.There, now I feel better.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Sondoo, do you know if walsh has said anything "new" since it was revealed that Belichick had taped since his first days?I really get the sense that all he has are game tapes of the things that Belichick has already copped to.� Thus much ado about nothing.� I am also curious about the SB Walkthrough taping.� Wasn't this put out there by your local writer?� And did he ever reveal his source for this statement?� Since the statement was made we have heard nothing since.� I honestly believe that unless Walsh has the SB tape or something else unknown (someone speculated he may have some incriminating audio of Pioli,�but I don't want to start something about that) then this thing sold a lot of papers and advertising without the benefit of any additional merit.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Good point TP - where are Mass' elected legislators regarding this issue.� Eerily silent.� Ted Kennedy has never been one to keep his mouth shut.� I am surprised he hasn't gone public on this.� Too busy stumpting for Obama, I guess.� And where is Kerry?� Does this have something to do with his wife's former husband's name being on the stadium of the steelers?� Honestly, there are plenty of powerful politicians in Mass.� I am surprised none have opened their mouth.�

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricomandog. Show ricomandog's posts

Hey, I love BB....(Kraft not so much! See season ticket holder blog, can you say gouging), Anyway you guys sound like a bunch of homers. �My thread from 2 days ago that BB might be fired received the same type of response. The bottom line here is the NFL wants this to go away, but if there is a tape the Patriots are going to pay. I think the long delay here is the league getting it legal material in order. This is going be a big hit to the Pat�s and the league doesn�t want to be involved in a law suet with one of it team. �I think the Pat�s are looking at a million dollar fine and BB a one year suspension (which could lead to firing or retirement). ���-->-->-->�-->If the tape exist, it is the Pat�s responsibility whether they authorized it or not. He was in there employ, using there credentials, and using there equipment. This is know different from the contractor being fined millions or bad work on the Big Dig, there not fining the employees, just the companies and executive whether they claim they knew about it or not! ��

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricomandog. Show ricomandog's posts

TP,-->-->-->�-->Get a clue,� I hope all you homers are right, but I also have to be realistic too� They will drag this out for a couple more weeks and will fine out then. Unfortunately I�m a pessimist and I�m usually right! Just like when I predicted they would lose the Superbowl if they play like they did against -->-->Jacksonville-->--> and SD� Did I want them to win, I was sick for weeks, couldn�t look at the sport page, tv, or radio. But I was not like you homers thinking we were going to win no matter what�.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Starboard, I don't disagree with you, but the one thing I keep going back to in my mind that makes me think this could be valid is why would a high priced lawyer like the one Walsh has get involved in such a thing if it turned out there was nothing to validate his involvement?� Is he even being paid for this, and if so by who?� Additionally, as an attorney with the reputation this guy has, I'd want to make sure I am representing a guy with credible evidence before I take on this case, right?After all of this, I think ask myself if I am being naive.� �

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

TexasPat: I'll get in touch with MA. senators. I hear you. I'm a little alarmed that you think Goodell actually wants to destroy the Pats. Really? He's definitely been heavy handed, but I didn't hear any protest coming form the Pats organization. Shouldn't Kraft speak up?I don't trust the Goodell-Specter connection. Yest Specter also has the Comcast connection, which is at odds with the NFL.� I would have thumbed my nose at Specter or made him if I was Goodell., when being asked to explain himself on how he handled the Pats tapes. I would have made him go through the legal channels and� have Congress turn on him.I welcome the day, and I hope it comes very soon when we finally see/hear what weasel Walsh has. I want the Herald to go down, along with Specter. And if Goodell isn't going to play fair (how ironic is that),he should be summarily removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

sondoo, There are some flaws here, but I just wrote on another thread that the one thing that I keep going back to - and it may be very naive - is why this high powered attorney has agreed to represent Walsh when a) Walsh himself has no money and if b) there was not some credibility to his claim, especially given that the Pats fessed up to taping back to 2000.� I don't care if someone else is funding walsh's representation, but I would think this attorney, given his reputation, would not be interested in putting himself out there for something no longer relevant (as I said before, it may have been relevant at the time Walsh came forward,�but when it was revealed that�BB copped to taping all the way back to 2000, then Walsh in posession of other game tapes would provide nothing new and would make him look foolish.��

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

Dogg

The attorney is doing it on behalf of Specter or Comcast. Don't wory, he expects a quid pro quo on another matter when this is over. I don't think he will be presenting Walsh when he goes to trial in Mass.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

TexasPat: Yeah there definitely is a mob mentality in the media that is on a tear to discredit the Pats. It's pathetic. I agree this has to be stopped. It won't be though until Walsh finally is outed for the slime-ball he is. I don't believe he has anything. The Pats organization did not tape a Rams walk through.As far as all the other garbage with tapes, taping, cheating, etc. So tired, so old and so irrelevant to the players winning on the field. Many teams taped, or somehow got opponents defensive signals. Big whoop. In the scheme of� things, getting defensive signals during a game has no impact really on that game, and the next games if they are for patterns- big whoop. It's still about execution, adjustments, and playing as a team. The frigging rule violation has been blown up so disportionatly that it is cartoonish now. I know I'm preaching to the choir, but it's staring to really insult my intelligence. And when the owners vote to have a d-player radioed this is all a mute point.Again I think the Herald/Tomase who appear to have slandered the Pats should go down, along with the clowns on ESPN, and Specter.This also fuels a desire for the fan base to go over to the dark side- Oakland style. I could care less if the rest of the NFL hates the team now. It's ridiculous that any one who claims to be a fan of NFL football, doesn't see the Pats team for what they are. Skilled, talented, hard working, hard playing, giving credit to their opponents every week, always talking about improvement, and staying close as a TEAM.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 00chief00. Show 00chief00's posts

I wish the Kraft family would say something on this.I think it's seriously major bs that they can drag BB through the mud without any proof. That's the way it is nowadays. No more innocent until proven guilty, It's baseless accusations that the accused has to then�prove thier innocence.Im mad as hell and Im not gonna take it anymore!!