1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Pats launch T O poll

PATS LAUNCH T.O. POLL

It’s one thing for a newspaper to post an online poll regarding the question of whether the local football club should pursue a guy like receiver Terrell Owens.

But when such a poll shows up on the official web site of an NFL team, it’s time to take notice.

Yesterday, it was the Eagles who posted such a poll, which was up just long enough for PFT Planet to skew the voting toward the “yes” column.

Today, it’s the Patriots.

Though we don’t want to read to much into this, the Patriots usually have a purpose for everything they do. And it’s hard not to wonder whether they’re at least considering the possibility of trying the same foot-on-throat/one-strike approach that they applied to Randy Moss a couple of years ago.

Keep this in mind: Owens torched the Pats in Super Bowl XXXIX, and coach Bill Belichick has a long memory.

Of course, the Patriots weren’t interested in Owens three years ago. So, as Redskins executive V.P. Vinny Cerrato said Thursday as to his own team, why would the Pats feel differently three years later?

We see two possible distinctions.

First, maybe former V.P. of player personnel Scott Pioli was adamant about avoiding T.O. (Pioli, of course, is now the G.M. of the Chiefs.)

Second, maybe the Pats think that Owens’ salary expectations will be much lower now than they were when he received 25 million reasons to live from the Cowboys.

Regardless of what it means, the poll is live. Vote, if you so choose.

UPDATE: Since “yes” is winning, let’s vote “no.”

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waltham781. Show Waltham781's posts

Pats launch T O poll

the poll means nothing. do you think bill belichick(assuming he's at all interested in TO) ordered the tech guys at Patriots.com set up a poll advertising their interest???

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

Pats launch T O poll

Well, BB does like a challenge......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Pats launch T O poll

Faucet is right when he says Owens would be scary in New England. Since he joined the Cowboys, T.O. is second in the NFL in dropped passes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rcasey28. Show rcasey28's posts

Pats launch T O poll

T.O. is the anti-christ, vote "no" early and often!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Pats launch T O poll

T.O. did come up big in the Super Bowl -- four years a go -- and there is evidence to suggest that when he is in the proper frame of mind, he can be a very effective weapon. The problem is that there is no clear indication of how to keep T.O in the proper frame of mind, short of throwing him the ball on every play and allowing him free reign to engage the media in whatever spastic fashion occurs to him on the spur of the moment without fear of recrimination. I suppose under perfect conditions on a perfect day in a perfect world, the Pats could roll up 100 with Moss and Welker and T.O. making the field seem far too big. But today, under normal every-day walking around conditons, in this world -- bringing in T.O. stretches the definition of retarded.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

Pats launch T O poll

With all these signings and extensions, and early draft picks... where is the cap space for Owens? esp when defense must come first.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Pats launch T O poll

I have to admit, I am dead set against TO coming to Foxboro. But then again, I was against Randy coming here, too. I'm not afraid to admit I was wrong about Moss, indeed he did "grow up" after joining the team. While Owens is a huge talent (as long as he can keep those drops down), he is much more of a headcase than Randy ever was. I suppose if anyone could get this guy to become a team first guy it would be BB. My biggest concern is that TO doesn't seem to realize what an a-hole he is. I believe he truly thinks he is in the right, and it's everyone else who's to blame for these situations. And the incident in Dallas was indeed blown out of porportion by ESPN and the rest. But his history will assure maximun scrutiny by the media anywhere he goes. And if it's Foxboro you know these morons will be all that much harder on him because of their history with BB. I really think TO wants to be a team guy and just play (and win), but he hasn't the mental capacity to restrain himself sometimes. You have to admit that Moss on one side, TO on the other, and Welker in the slot would be a nightmare to any opposing DC. Also, idiots like Leon/Hess/Tedy would be all over it claiming they were trying to "buy" another championship (while they were crapping in their pants thinking about how their team really had no chance now)!!! So I guess if they did sign him I would have to support them, they are our team, for good, bad, or ugly! My vote would be no. And my heart tells me even BB will shy away from a potential disaster. I also believe they do not need him. It's not like they're the worst offense in the league! Whatever happens, as long as he is unafilliated with any team the morons in the media (especially ESPN) are going to be creaming their jeans with all the speculating and rumors!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Pats launch T O poll

If T.O. won the Superbowl in NE could you imagine the tears? It would be hysterical. LOL.

OK, back to boycitting T.O. threads.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn123321. Show rpn123321's posts

Pats launch T O poll

I hope the Pats sign him. I know TO was interested in the Patriots a couple years back and listed Brady then as a guy he wanted to play with. Anyone else remember that?? Anyways, If they don't sign him and give us hands down the best 1-2-3 punch in the league in the past decade and maybe in forever, then maybe he will sign with the redskins, catch a td in the first game against Dallas in dallas new stadium, and run to the star again! who will tackle him this time?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Pats launch T O poll

TO was interested in the Patriots a couple years back and listed Brady then as a guy he wanted to play with.

But let's be honest...name me a WR who would say he wouldn't want to play with Brady! Even TO isn't that stupid! I say let him go to the Colts. By the time he's done with Peyton they'll both be looking for the proverbial bus! Maybe he should try the Bungles. They just lost TJ, and they hire criminals, so why not sociopaths?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn123321. Show rpn123321's posts

Pats launch T O poll

Why is TO a headcase anyways like people say? What did he do last year, or the year before that to tear up the locker rooms? This guy in his entire career only missed more then 2 games once with Philly. The man has never had a major injury in his career in part to the way he plays (not liking the middle, and letting catches go by that lead him into traffic) but the bottomline is, look at this guys stats! He is money and the most consistant player in a league where consistancy isn't supposed to happen. If a once in a lifetime player knocks on your door. You answer it. he deserves to have a bit of an ego, and he shows for it on the field. I can see the cover of sports illustrated now "The New BIG 3!" Moss-Brady-Owens. Welcome to the Razor! the final championship of the decade will go to the Patriots.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn123321. Show rpn123321's posts

Pats launch T O poll

Hey, they could even have a fancy little nickname, the MOB crew. Let our defense be subpar again which it has been lately. When your putting up more then 40 points a game, it's gonna be tough to be defeated.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Pats launch T O poll

First I want to say I will give up my season tickets and stop watching the Pats if we sign TO now that I have said that PMike he has dropped more balls then anyone else in his 3 years with Dallas but he also cought more TD passes then any other wideout in those 3 years. I hate him and dont want him but i just thought i would add that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Pats launch T O poll

A broken leg is not a major injury?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Pats launch T O poll

Does TO have a ring? I can't remember. Maybe, (I'm just speculating now) the Pats could do a incentive contract with a payday if the Pats win the SB....just thinking out loud here don't yell at me...:^{)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Pats launch T O poll

Butter Fingers.

Terrell Owens

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from THEGREATgymrat36. Show THEGREATgymrat36's posts

Pats launch T O poll

NO THANKS!!!! DONT WANT HIM!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Pats launch T O poll

IM not pushing for it,but ILL embrace it if it happens.there wont be any loss with out him,but much to gain with him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn123321. Show rpn123321's posts

Pats launch T O poll

[Quote]
    A broken leg is not a major injury?
    [/Quote]

Sure it is if you believe that he had a broken leg to begin with. he still played in the super bowl that year ,and looked perfectly fine. A major nfl injury in my opinion is a blown muscle or tendon, bones are easy to put back together.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Pats launch T O poll

When your putting up more then 40 points a game, it's gonna be tough to be defeated.

Well, they put up a lot of points in 2007, yet in the biggest game of the season they were defeated! IMO, the offense is pretty good right now. I suppose adding TO would be like upgrading a Maserati to a Ferrari (or the other way around, I'm not sure which would be an "upgrade", I drive a Chevy)! Andy Hart's spin on it is interesting. Though it would never last through 2010. Once he got any guaranteed contract he'd be flapping his jaws again. My biggest concern would be how well he and Randy would coexist. Surely Moss won't want to give in and give up his #81, not after TO's comments in 07. Personally, I would not take the risk. But who knows how BB feels. If he could tame TO and turn him into a team played he'd have to be considered the coach of the decade, if not the greatest of all time! But I'd hate to see what happened in Philly happen in Foxboro. Not to mention the wild rumors the morons at ESPN would be spewing (since they'd have no facts coming from NE), trying to fabricate a story...or induce a situation! My heart says no way, but I'll not abandon the team if it happens. As a fan since the 60s I've seen some really bad times! But I agree totally with faucetman, the players should be in support of it before they even consider signing him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from trpeake2. Show trpeake2's posts

Pats launch T O poll

It occurs to me that this could simply be a marketing idea for the website. I hadn't been to that site in years, but there I was going to the site now to "vote" in the poll (A resounding No, BTW). Not a bad piece of marketing, right?