1. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Pats on the Verge of Signing Seau

According to SI, Seau was in Foxboro and is now on the verge of signing

http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/nfl_tracker/posts/29081-junior-seau-on-verge-of-signing-with-patriots?eref=fromSI

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rcasey28. Show rcasey28's posts

Thanks for the update, I hope he can provide a spark!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Welcome back Junior, please stop the damn run!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Its all moot if they dont win a title, Seau came so close to getting a ring last year and there is promise we even make the playoffs this year so i am a little shocked he is going to play on a Tom Bradyless team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgmfick. Show rgmfick's posts

Good move, a lot less involved than trying to break Rosie Covin and Junior Seau into a system. These veterans know the Patriots system and if the Patriots can avoid further serious injuries, they might still make and do something in the playoffs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Old washed-up dudes. Woop D F'en Do.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjxg. Show mjxg's posts

get him back into shape and ready for next year!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulK3. Show PaulK3's posts

No other team in the NFL is able to seemingly have 70 or 80 good players available. Funny how that works. Here the Patriots are down two linebackers, so they get Roosevelt Colvin and Junior Seau.

Colvin is a blitzing ace when healthy and he knows the Patriots' system. I assume he was injured 12 weeks ago, so no one else could pick him up.

Seau is an all-star when healthy and he knows the Patriots' system too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

colvin,and seau,are great pick-ups.they,are well rested,and hungry to play.kmax-these old washed-up dudes are exactly what we need.they have been here before in these type of pressure games where everything is on the line,and knows what it takes to succeed.its these old guys that helped win our superbowls.mayo has been the only energized player at LB weve had.To bad there isnt any good corners out there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I just have to believe that Ted and Mike are damn happy to see these two back even if it is for a short time.

I also like it because the younger guys get to see in Seau a guy who shows up first and leaves last and is just a great example of a team player in a 40 yr old.

Both moves can only help at this time.........

Besides there are no other players out there who can step in and play with only 5 days notice.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Well they put AD-thomas on injured reserve which means seau will be signing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

These guys should just be rounding into game shape about the time the Pats are getting bounced from the playoffs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from anthony3063. Show anthony3063's posts

Desperate moves by a desperate team going nowhere..

Nothing but the facts folks..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

we will see.its not over until its over.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DynastyXXXVI. Show DynastyXXXVI's posts

I think Seau being back may fire up Bruschi and Vrabel, and maybe they will play more Bruschi and Vrabel-like. it would be nice to see all three of those guys clicking again. They'll all be gone next year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuschBound. Show BuschBound's posts

This is what all the bomb throwers out there... all the critics with their irrational hatred toward the Patriots and their personal vendettas against Belichick... will never understand. That this team, this organization, this coach, is special. Here you've got a lead-pipe-lock first ballot Hall of Famer, who played for three organizations and still remains the face of one (San Diego) and he's climbing down off a surf board (and off his hardbody wife) to come help out the Patriots in their hour of need. And he openly admits he wouldn't do it for any other team. You'll never hear this mentioned by the pundits when they're ripping Belichick for being such a Grumpy Gus or dressing like a slob or while they're saying he's no fun to play for unlike St. Anthony of Indianapolis whom every player supposedly wants to play for. Belichick is a football coach for football players who love to play football. Period. If you're in it to become a media star, get your end zone dance talked about by Deion Sanders on NFL Net, pack heat in nightclubs or spread the Gospel or whatever, there are other teams and other coaches better suited for you. But if you're a friggin winner like Junior Seau, there's no other place to play. That loud clanging you'll hear later today is the sound of Seau's iron testicles.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuschBound. Show BuschBound's posts

I would say that sums it up right guys?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Well said BuschBound. I don't see the Pat's having much choice and we knew at the beginning of the season that Jr. was a possibility at some point. One I'm sure we didn't want to have to use. But, I just don't see the Pat's giving up. They may or may not make the Playoffs but they are going to try. I know we need to get younger and faster at linebacker and we are getting the young guys some valuable experience but I can't see Belichick just throwing in the towel and saying we are not taking anyone else on the team and we're just going with the young guys the rest of the way. That's a defeatist attitude. One I hope I never see in this organization.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

The funny part is all the Patriot haters are mad because so many of the best players want to play for New England.

If the Patriots go very far in the playoffs this years the NFL will have to change the rules to make it illegal for BB to have talent on speed dial.

Alan Spinkter will call for congressional hearings to find out if BB has a hypno-ray.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

No matter what their reputations might have been, if these guys are on the field, they're going to be picked on. Older, slower, out of game shape. They might understand the Pats system, but this is deperation.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tredawnt. Show tredawnt's posts

Of course the Pats are desperate, but what do you expect BB to do? Sit back and do nothing when they still have a chance at the playoffs. Hopefully this is a positive. Welcome back Seau.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Great moves for the Pats, nothing to lose, alot to gain

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

we will now see a better performance from the LB,s.depending on our schemes.everyone thinks younger is better.well if we look at the chargers great young defense.id have to say no its not always better.to have a mix of young,and older is a good thing.if we can get pressure on the QB,s it would help the secondary,and they need help.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from number1troll. Show number1troll's posts

wow. seau, rosie ... sorta feels like a dinosaurs of rock reunion tour ...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

These guys are exactly what players like Guyton and Mayo need. They won't play every down, but they are in great need of depth. And they'll be a help to the younger guys. The playoffs are a whole different animal. Also, coming off the street they are not all banged up. The remaining schedule is weak. If these guys can get it together in the next month they may well make a run in the playoffs. Better play at the LB position means a lot of pressure off the secondary. The roster spots are there, and I'm sure the salary is minimal. I don't see this as anything but good. If indeed they are too old to compete they won't make it onto the field. Hell, I remember some people wanting to bring back Bledsoe when Tom went down! I've got to put my trust in BB.