Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

Pats sign 2 DB and a WR

Eagles send special teamer Lewis to Patriots

Patriots acquired WR Greg Lewis from the Eagles in exchange for undisclosed compensation, according to NFL Network's Adam Schefter.

Mar. 5 - 3:45 pm et

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

Pats sign 2 DB and a WR

After checking out his stats, I can't see why they even bothered to sign him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeFoyFan. Show JoeFoyFan's posts

Pats sign 2 DB and a WR

Who is the second DB or should the title read:

Pats sign a DB and a WR

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Pats sign 2 DB and a WR

Lewis is a good punt and kick returner and he has some upside. I mean Philly has not had a true #1 WR in years now so this kid was counted on to do well. So that at least shows us he can handle the presure and also he comes from a winning program so that helps. But I think to compear him to David Patten is a good way to look at it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Pats sign 2 DB and a WR

Goose $h!t on a golf course is also Cheap and I don’t want that either.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Pats sign 2 DB and a WR

I agree that Lewis should be able to stretch the field. He doesn't need to be a game breaker to be effective here. The 3rd receiver could have 30 catches and still be very effective in this offense. On top of that, I still think a receiver is coming either on day one or early on day two of the draft.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Pats sign 2 DB and a WR

damn you Z!!! yu know how much I loved Gaffney and you have to go and say that! I would much rather have the JaberGaff then Lewis anyday but whats done is done. What worries me is i dont trust Lewis or his hands. I mean you guys got all over gaffney for droping key balls in key games so it is obvius that we fans expect a good 3rd WR who doesnt drop those keys balls in big situations like against Indy so if thats what we are looking for Lewis is not our man, i dont want the ball in his hands withteh game on the line. do you?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Pats sign 2 DB and a WR

I heard the same thing about Donte Stallworth. What a huge disappointment he was and he had at least put up some OK numbers in his career.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Pats sign 2 DB and a WR

m

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Pats sign 2 DB and a WR

Wait are you saying we traded Ventrone?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Pats sign 2 DB and a WR

This is exactly the type of player the Pats can use. Nothing spectacular (Not Chad Johnson), but good enough to grab 30-40 catches in the offense (that's all he really has to do) and the price is definitely right. I don't the Springs (potential) signing for three reasons 1) He's too old; he's basically the DB equivalent to Vrabal at OB; production is dipping and he's lost a step 2) He's injury prone; 3) I see him a nickel and dime; and I see some of our young CBs as nickel and dime guys as well (as opposed quality starting CBs), only much older. I don't know what Bodden wants in terms of salary, but it must be alot if the Pats are talking about bringing in Shawn Springs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Pats sign 2 DB and a WR

What a waste of a draft pick.I hope he is for special teams.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Pats sign 2 DB and a WR

I think lewis is a good addition to the team, although not a major one. i've gotten to see plenty of his play and i think he can be a contibutor on special teams and offense.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Pats sign 2 DB and a WR

Eh, throw it all against the wall...see what sticks. Go through the draft, and watch for other teams' cuts during training camp. It looks like this is one of those years where many 10 year vets sit by the phone with fingers crossed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

Pats sign 2 DB and a WR

Speaking with a long-time friend in the Philadelphia area this evening,he said that what he has heard a couple of radio and tv outlets say the Eagles get the Patriots 5th round pick this year and the Patriots get Lewis and the Eagles 6th round pick in 2010..For a wr receiver with speed and a reasonable ability to gain separation(and some skill as a return man) and a pick in next year's draft that is only one round lower than they surrender in this April's draft,it is hard to argue against making this deal from a N.E.standpoint..It's a smart move even for a seventh next year

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

Pats sign 2 DB and a WR

Lewis will be very good as a 3rd WR... We do not have a WR that stretches the field opposite of moss... Lewis can def. do that... Stats dont mean everything people... Hes played with mcnabb, and been on a team that has been shuffling WR's every since they lost TO... Lewis was counted on to be #1 there, obviously hes not a #1 WR, but hes def. good enough to be a #2, and in our case def. a #3. Hes better than gaffney in my opinion, the only thing thats not certain yet is if he will build that chemistry with brady that gaffney did quickly. Gaff ran his routes very well and was smart, thats why brady + cassel both went to him. If lewis does that, he'll b a good pickup.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcboyd22. Show mcboyd22's posts

Pats sign 2 DB and a WR

Anyone know how much cap space the Pats have after signing Lewis/Springs?
    Would like to see some finalization on Wilfork/Mankins....

How much is typically needed to sign the draft picks we have....don't think there would be any left for any major signings like J Pep or J Taylor...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidwa. Show davidwa's posts

Pats sign 2 DB and a WR

I think the 2nd round will be a great place for the Pats to draft this year, good value & depth at positions of need. I think the #23 could be a great addition to the team also & the Pats have been able to find good talent with their later picks.

I like what I've seen so far from the Pats with the off season signings. By filling position needs now with some good additions, the Pats are putting themselves in position to draft BPA at a good value at #23. They will also have greater depth & good competition for roster spots.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Pats sign 2 DB and a WR

Just think of it this way were we going to get a WR at the draft spot we traded with more value then Lewis? I dont think so, Lewis is a good 3 or 4 WR and he is a great punt and kick returner. Maybe they didnt think they could draft a WR that late in teh draft with that much value so they traded for a WR that they liked.

Sections
Shortcuts