1. You have chosen to ignore posts from codered43092. Show codered43092's posts

Pats versus Ravens

I think our o-line will get things together by the reg season. It's hard to judge durin the preseason when like half of our starters aren't even playing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Todd51. Show Todd51's posts

Pats versus Ravens

[Quote]Guess what....our offensive line tonight...is still offensive....[/Quote]

I am unable to watch the game, who started tonight on the OL?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from canadayd08. Show canadayd08's posts

Pats versus Ravens

I was very impressed with Mayo and Crable tonight. Mayo showed speed and surprising strength in the run game, and Crable seems to be good at both coverage and pass rushing. I understand its only the first preseason game, but I think we will be pleased with how these two young men turn out. I wish I could say the same about the QBs, OL, and Jackson, however. Some major retooling needs to be in order next year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rf24fox. Show rf24fox's posts

Pats versus Ravens

The offensive line won't be much of a problem once the season starts. Neither Neal or Light played in tonights game...and even if Neal isn't ready for the season opener you know that Dante Scarnecchia will have the five guys on the o-line ready.

Also you can't have an accurate measure the skill of the offensive line in tonights game with Cassel, Gutierrez and O'Connell under center. None of these guys have the kind of pocket presence that Tom Brady has...who arguably has the greatest pocket presence in the history of the National Football League

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from renteriastinks. Show renteriastinks's posts

Pats versus Ravens

The line sucks sucks sucks and if does not get beter we will be lucky to make playoffs because Brady will be hot more then he hit hit Gensel

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rf24fox. Show rf24fox's posts

Pats versus Ravens

I don't have the stats in front of me, but I'm sure Brady and Manning were the least sacked quarterbacks in the regular season last year. Some of you guys need to forget February 3, 2008 and move on already!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Pats versus Ravens

Guys, the Ravens have one of the worst offenses in the league. The St. Louis Rams would look good against them. Let's wait and see how the young LB's do against a good offense. (are we playing any this preseason?)

It's pretty sad to hear about guys named Thomas, Alexander, Woods, Mayo, and Crable doing well as our LB's. Not that long ago we had McGinest, Bruschi, Johnson, and Vrable. Oh well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocher. Show rocher's posts

Pats versus Ravens

I missed the part where it was revealed that this will be the starting Oline for Brady in game one. Pats fans are supposed to be intelligent.. right? Koppen and Mankins were the only starters playing at their regular spot.
    That would be 2 out of 5. But go ahead and panic if you must. I'd be more concerned about unproven backup QB's than a proven Oline. Oh..they still rushed for 133 yards. At least that hodge podge group did something right.Can't say the same for the QB's.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Pats versus Ravens

I would love to see the starting O-line make it to the pro bowl without Brady at QB, somehow I doubt teams would respect the Pats passing game as much.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportstalk. Show sportstalk's posts

Pats versus Ravens

[Quote]

YOU ARE RIGHT BOTH CASSELL AND JACKSON WILL BE CUT BY LATE AUGUST[/Quote]

unless between now & then BB can figure out how to make chicken salad out of chicken %@!#

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevinjake1966. Show kevinjake1966's posts

Pats versus Ravens

OMG, Cassel was terrible. I understand that it's the fist pre-season game, but give me a break, this guy is no way a second string QB. I think the Pats should consider making an attempt to get Pennington.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from txHeat. Show txHeat's posts

Pats versus Ravens

[Quote]Early on, Cassell and Jackson weren't even in the same solar system....interception.[/Quote]

Chad Jackson is a BUST!!! Some people keep defending him over and over and over. Ok...whatever! Now I did not see the game but is it possible he is still running the wrong routes??????

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

Pats versus Ravens

[Quote]Early on, Cassell and Jackson weren't even in the same solar system....interception.[/Quote]
    soonipi, it's apparent that Cassell entering his 4th season and Jackson his 3rd have not progressed at all. Just being around something should have rubbed off. O'Connell was not impressive but tops the chart IMO of the three QB want a be's.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregRod87. Show GregRod87's posts

Pats versus Ravens

I agree about Cassell, however, nothing beats game play. He is no different than the other backups that have been cut. No one will get game experience behind Brady.

Think about it..

Last year when the Pats were killing teams, they put Cassell in to get him the game snaps that he would have needed. However, the Pats can do that every so often for him and any other back up.

Remember, even though Brady came in hot he did not get a clear chance until Bledsoe went down.

A backup in New England will not get the quality snaps he needs until Brady is done.

GR

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from koshman. Show koshman's posts

Pats versus Ravens

The line was awful. You can't expect much from any of the QB's when they are getting pressure immediatly. Sometimes there wasn't even a "one" count before they were either running orkissing the turf. That being said some of the throws were horrible. The passes that were dropped after hitting receivers in the hands or on the numbers was rediculous. Maybe there were jitters but CJ Jones dropping a pass that hit him on the numbers to end the game. That was a sign that he needs to find a job at Home depot or something. The Defense was not great, but the rookies and the journeymen looked good. Mayo looked very good. He had speed that made Brewschi look slower that usual. Even Pierre Woods looked better. The CBs and safetys looked ok. They got beat on some passing routes, but there was no pressure on the opposing team. You can't cover a guy for that long and expect him to not get open eventually. Wheatly had great recovery speed. All in all, this should at least make the cuts easier.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from brknwing. Show brknwing's posts

Pats versus Ravens

Hey Harley nice to see you back good luck horse hunting---- they are beautifull animals.

Sorry to say this but Matt looks like he may be on his way out of town---Too many factors against him ie. last year on contract,not progressing as well as he should, Rookie QB looking better than him. I expect him to be cut but hopefully he can catch on with another team, you know how teams like to pick up Pats castoffs, although he could end up like Rohan Davey "ouch"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bostonwalt. Show Bostonwalt's posts

Pats versus Ravens

Pats Nation go easy....one pre-season game doesn't make a season. You would think the Pats where fighting for the #1 pick in the 2009 draft.

Give the team some time, come January we will be wondering what to do during the playoff bye week and who the Pats will be playing in the playoffs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Pats versus Ravens

Cassell stinks? Cassell stinks? Newsflash! The guy hasn't played starting QB since high school!!!!! And who cares about Cassell or any of the other backup QB's, the area of concern should be OL, because if Brady goes down, it doesn't matter who is playing at backup, the Pats aren't going to win many games, if any.