1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rowsend. Show rowsend's posts

Peavy will allow trade to Sox.

Just heard on MLB radio that Jake Peavy announced that he was now willing to take a trade to Red Sox. This is a strong possibility, since the Padres are broke and drooling over our young talent. Anybody else hear this? For who? Bucholtz and Lowrie maybe?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dabro. Show Dabro's posts

I would love to see the Sox acquire this guy. The Sox do so many deals with the Padres and have the longstanding relationship with them. The idea of this guy pairing up with our Big Three, then throw in Smoltz as a # 5, and you have the best staff in mlb easily.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Lowrie is a good young prospect who proved last year he'd be at worst a solid/average NL SS... and could be more

Sox should monitor the Peavy situation and if need be (like if NY/another rival were a suitor or Penny/Smoltz didn't work out) swoop in and offer more talent in the end, bring him to Boston

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yagi. Show yagi's posts

I am not too impressed with Peavy. I think some days he would be clobbered against AL East teams.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mudbugger. Show mudbugger's posts

Depends. What are Peavy's salary numbers for the next few years? When is it estimated when he turns a FA?

Cost control is huge in theo's plans, especially with Beckett due to be a free agent after 2010.

I think you might be able to get Peavy with a package of Zages, Bowden, Reddick (or something simular....just throwing it out there).

San Diego is like a foreclosure sale in Detroit...they need talent and have a heavy contract to get rid of.

Pedoria and Youkaliss must be talking Peavy's ears off during this WBC on how great Boston is...!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Yagi you just took the words out of my mouth...

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from campp. Show campp's posts

NO. don`t start the peavy thing going again. we don`t need him. lowrie is going to be an excellent Ml hitting shortstop. jake peavy would end up winning some games for us..but he`ll also have alot trips to the DL just as often. KEEP BOTH bucholtz and jed lowrie.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In a short hitch call-up, Lowrie proven nothing of the kind.

Short hitch? In half a season/one less AB he played better than Lugo had since Julio inked his contract

A few spring training aside Lowrie proved he could play errorless SS, hit in the clutch, jst plain get the job done and all with a broken hand. He is 25 and was a 1st rd pick in '05, minor league hitter of the year in '07, requested in Santana trade packages and then outplayed vet. Lugo in '08.

Lowrie - 260 AB's 30 Extra Base Hits's 34 R 46 RBI .739 OPS 0 SS errors

Lugo - 261 AB's 14 Extra Base Hit's 27 runs 22 RBI .685 OPS 16 SS errors

Lowrie outplayed him

Regardless, Lowrie's trade value is just a little above Zilch.

This is hilarious BS, has no factual support and would be laughed out of a MLB GM meeting, it shows the ignorance of a sad, petty individual with an anti-youth agenda

Take your BS elsewhere Softy.... Julio deserves to start, but Lowrie is a solid prospect, will be the better pro over the next few years and has WAY more value than Julio

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from czap. Show czap's posts

Softy , You make yourself look like an idiot everytime your big mouth. You always dwell on the negative. What a loser you must be in every day life. Of course you didnt mention Lowrie is hitting over .300 while playing mutiple positions this spring. Nope because that would be positive and the young guys arent getting that from you. Youre pathetic and a poor excuse for a Redsox fan. Watch some games clown.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from czap. Show czap's posts

Beck, Lugo has zero trade value. Overpaid and under performing. But, You know what? Im a fan and I hope he helps the team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

As much as you guys love Lowrie, he has very limited range for SS. I doubt SD wants him.
    Strange that some of you who blasted the Santana trade are now all for this deal (like Dabro). The deal won't go down unless the Sox are able to extend his deal (like Santana). Peavy's stats are not 100% reliable, since he plays in a big park within a weak hitting division within a weak league, but you know me by now, I'm always for going all out to get an "ace-type" starter. My guess is they'd want 2-3 of Buchholtz, Bowden, Masterson or Anderson. Just a guess.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roast1999. Show Roast1999's posts

I am pretty sick of hearing about Peavy. I personally think he's overrated. He has been very good in the NL West, but it's not like the Sox desparately need him in the rotation. If Beckett and Lester go down with injuries, sure make a run at the guy in-season. Otherwise, not for me.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TOMTHEREDSOXFAN. Show TOMTHEREDSOXFAN's posts

Ream i hate to say it but i think you get to attatched to a player over such a small sample size. Lowrie did a find job last year and im not trying to take anything away from him but he only played last year becuase of injuries to the staff, nothing else. He is a fine backup with the versitility to play 3rd 2nd or ss but the most he will ever do is be a backup or a 2nd basemen, he does not have the range to be a starting shortstop at the major league lvl,

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from billy13. Show billy13's posts

Peavy is a stud and signed for 4 yrs. Would be a great pickup. I would trade Bucholz plus a couple lower level farm guys for him. We dont know what Lowrie is going to be, but I think he has a great quality about him. I think he is going to be a very good pro.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[Quote]NO. don`t start the peavy thing going again. we don`t need him. lowrie is going to be an excellent Ml hitting shortstop. jake peavy would end up winning some games for us..but he`ll also have alot trips to the DL just as often. KEEP BOTH bucholtz and jed lowrie.[/Quote]

Everybody needs a Peavy-type pitcher.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[Quote]In half a season/one less AB he played better than Lugo had since Julio inked his contract

Wow, I guess Lowrie will be starting, since he way, so, way, so, way outplayed Lugo for half a season. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If what you said had a modicum of truth to it, punk, Lowrie would be the starter. Your little silly excuse about Lowrie should start but is better suited for a utility role is a total joke.

Fact is that one-half season with a lower OBP and BA doesn't cut it as earning starting SS, loony tune.

You were clueless joke on the Santana trade movement, totally wrong! Now you claim that Lowrie was this big name that was "asked for". Lowrie's proven nothing and has marginal major league bench guy written all over him. No team is placing any serious value on the stork with the slow feet and the gigantic swing. No range, weak stick, and a .258 BA. The guy's a foot at a poker table.

Folks, Jake and Jed were being held back from stardom by injuries, so if they don't star this season it will be because of injuries. BAWAAAAAAAAAA!

I want everyone to know that Crisp was hurt in 2006, 2007 and 2008, and Lugo was hurt in 2007 and 2008.

I like youth, Pedroia, Papelbon and Masterson are solid players. Jake's received more hype thany any of those players, combined.

Who cares if Jed was 1st round pick, do we need to list all of the busts that were drafted in the first round. Jed is not athletic at the big league level and has a totally unremarkable game. In the near future, this name will fade away qucker than you can say Glen Hoffman.[/Quote]

Still fixated on Lugo and Lowrie.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

"As much as you guys love Lowrie, he has very limited range for SS. I doubt SD wants him.
    Strange that some of you who blasted the Santana trade are now all for this deal (like Dabro). The deal won't go down unless the Sox are able to extend his deal (like Santana). Peavy's stats are not 100% reliable, since he plays in a big park within a weak hitting division within a weak league, but you know me by now, I'm always for going all out to get an "ace-type" starter. My guess is they'd want 2-3 of Buchholtz, Bowden, Masterson or Anderson. Just a guess.
    " - Moon

EXACTLY. Moon, I almost knew what you were going to say before I read your post, haha.

Let me add, that if we do get Peavy, we are going to need better than Lugo or Lowrie. Moonslav is right, Peavy's stats are a bit skewed. A) That park is huge. B) He gets a ton of groundballs, IMO , with groundball pitchers, you need an ELITE defensive middle. When the Sox went from Pokey Reese to Todd Walker, we saw Lowe's ERA raise, but his groundball to flyout ratio remained consistent. If we do get Peavy, we also need an elite defensive SS, and we dont have that.

I dont like the Peavy deal, unless Lowrie goes in the deal and is replaced by a defensive stud.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[Quote]Lowrie is a good young prospect who proved last year he'd be at worst a solid/average NL SS... and could be more

In a short hitch call-up, Lowrie proven nothing of the kind.

Peavy's not this golden goose, so only do the deal if the Padres are making it too good to turn down. Lowrie's like a free mint after dinner, there won't be much value placed in that name. He committed 3 errors today, gave him 2, and is an error machine in the spring. Has no bat control or command of the strikezone, is worthless from the left side. Send him back to the minors and give Nick Green a shot, though that's not going to be the plan. Regardless, Lowrie's trade value is just a little above Zilch.[/Quote]

I would say that he played pretty good considering that he had a broken hand. And before he broke his hand he was tearing it up.....