1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Heff-17. Show Heff-17's posts

Pedro contacts Red Sox

"According to a report in the Boston Herald, Pedro Martinez's representatives contacted the Red Sox earlier this week to gauge the team's interest in the right-hander."

Found that little tidbit on MLB.com's fantasy baseball site. I haven't, however, heard anything else. Is it true? I wouldn't mind Pedro back.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

Pedro contacts Red Sox

HAHAHAHA YES PLEASE BRING HIM BACK! That would just be great, another go round with Pedro.

Just make sure it is a one year contract.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Pedro contacts Red Sox

He'll sign with someone during or after the WBC. My gut feeling is that he'll sign with the Mets again. It could be wrong, though. Anyone know the deal with Schilling? Last I heard he might do the Clemens' thing and join a team mid way through the season, but I never checked-up on it.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carolina-soxfan. Show carolina-soxfan's posts

Pedro contacts Red Sox

I heard that Pedro's agent did contact the Red Sox to determine if they were interested in signing him. The Red Sox simply told them they weren't interested. It's a sad ending for Pedro. I will always remember what he did for our franchise. He was as dominant a pitcher as I've ever seen for 5 straight years.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

Pedro contacts Red Sox

[Quote]Is there such a thing called a: ONE MONTH CONTRACT ??????

LMAO ![/Quote]

Actually the contract can be for any length, there have been one day contracts in the past to bring a player back so they could say they finished their career with a particular team !! I'm really surprised Pedro hasn't tried to redifine his role into a Closer/8th Inning guy !!

GO SOX 2009 !!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Pedro contacts Red Sox

Poor Pedro, when it comes to the Red Sox he's treated like Rodney Dangerfield. No respect!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Pedro contacts Red Sox

[Quote]
    Poor Pedro, when it comes to the Red Sox he's treated like Rodney Dangerfield. No respect!
    [/Quote]

Don't rewrite history. Petey went to the Mets because they offered more money and more guaranteed years. The Sox placed a value on him and the Mets beat it. it was up to Petey to choose staying or going for the money. He chose the Mets and lived up to his end of that deal. He was always treated with respect in Boston. There is simply no room for him on this current staff. You are WAY off base on this one.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeLahoud. Show JoeLahoud's posts

Pedro contacts Red Sox

Only an idiot, or shiite-striper fan (or both) talks trash about Pedro Martinez.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

Pedro contacts Red Sox

Pedro was nearly perfect for a few years but his attitude worsened as the injuries increased. He was key in the 2004 WS and deserves much credit but don't forget he sulked his way through that last season. And with that said-let's give the Sox brass credit yet again for letting Mo Vaugn, Nomar, Pedro and Damon walk. These guys have been absolute disasters since leaving.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Heff-17. Show Heff-17's posts

Pedro contacts Red Sox

[Quote]Pedro was nearly perfect for a few years but his attitude worsened as the injuries increased. He was key in the 2004 WS and deserves much credit but don't forget he sulked his way through that last season. And with that said-let's give the Sox brass credit yet again for letting Mo Vaugn, Nomar, Pedro and Damon walk. These guys have been absolute disasters since leaving.[/Quote]

Nomar didn't walk, he was traded. And Damon was essentially stolen out from under them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjgray. Show jjgray's posts

Pedro contacts Red Sox

maybe pedro should take a lesson from Eckersly. Go to the bullpen. Could be lights out for one inning. Fast ball after fast ball, after......

Sections
Shortcuts