1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carolina-soxfan. Show carolina-soxfan's posts

Pedroia hurt in WBC!

The hits just keep coming. Now Pedroia's hurt. I hope it's not a serious rib cage injury. We need him healthy for sure. I'm going to have to quit logging on to Boston.com before the whole team comes down with bird flu.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carolina-soxfan. Show carolina-soxfan's posts

Pedroia hurt in WBC!

It's been unusually quiet on here today. Has everyone but myself finally getting the message that this board is not what it once was.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Pedroia hurt in WBC!

The sox are not what they once were, that is why. Manny put the fans in the stands.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Pedroia hurt in WBC!

I doubt it is serious. We have almost a month to go before the season. He can rest the strain and be ready to go. I believe the board is quiet because it is Saturday. I'm into the ACC, Big East and A10 tournaments.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeyama99. Show joeyama99's posts

Pedroia hurt in WBC!

Pedroia sounds optimistic that it's not too serious. Similar to Chipper Jones, he could be back with Team USA next weekend if they advance to the semifinals in LA, but he's out tonight against Puerto Rico and likely all of Round 2. Going from Miami to FT Myers is an easy drive across the state, so hopefully it's just a precaution. He'll be replaced by Mark DeRosa in the starting lineup and possibly Brian Roberts on the roster. I bet he uses his time in FT. Myers to take a few shots at Ortiz and Bay for their teams' quick exits from the WBC

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Pedroia hurt in WBC!

[Quote]The sox are not what they once were, that is why. Manny put the fans in the stands.[/Quote]

Yeah right Fenway will be empty without Manny. What rock do you live under? Time to crawl back under.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carolina-soxfan. Show carolina-soxfan's posts

Pedroia hurt in WBC!

[Quote]The sox are not what they once were, that is why. Manny put the fans in the stands.[/Quote]

Good one Law2005.......................I mean crono420. Yeah, without quitter................................I mean money ramirez.......................................I mean Manny Ramirez, we are hopeless. LOL.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Pedroia hurt in WBC!

OK.............. SO WHY DO WE HAVE THE W B C TO BEGIN WITH ????

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

Pedroia hurt in WBC!

Like Bill 806, I think the WBC is the dumbest thing baseball-related I've ever heard of. The thing that really makes it ridiculous is thew timing, seriously, when ESPN explained the rules in 2006 I thought they were joking. Why the f#ck would you have it during Spring Training? this is all it accomplishes...who cares of USA wins. I hope they lose so we can get Youk and Pedroia back, and that comes from an American. Also, I am hereby sending my thanks to Venezuela (or maybe it was Poorto Rico) for beating out Canada and the Neverlands for beating out the Dumbinican Republic so we could get Ortiz and Bay back...

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Pedroia hurt in WBC!

Manny Ramirez is injured, too. Got anything relelvant or intelligent to add?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsinsider. Show rsinsider's posts

Pedroia hurt in WBC!

[Quote]

Manny Ramirez is injured, too. Got anything relelvant or intelligent to add?
    [/Quote]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsinsider. Show rsinsider's posts

Pedroia hurt in WBC!

manny is not injured do you have anything factual to add??

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Pedroia hurt in WBC!

He has been missing games with a sore hamstring. Yes?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from longview1967. Show longview1967's posts

Pedroia hurt in WBC!

The WBC is one big marketing ploy. I do think that fans in smaller countries that come up big in the series love it, because the US (with one nearby exception) "owns" the MLB even as the players are increasingly coming from many nations. I hate it. It screws up spring training, because its difficult to get a feel for how your and other teams are actually doing. I suppose its great for the young guys who wouldn't even get a shot while the regulars are off at the WBC, but I just want the damn thing to end.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsinsider. Show rsinsider's posts

Pedroia hurt in WBC!

being held out of a spring training game by the manager and then playing the next day does NOT = injured

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JacqueStrappe. Show JacqueStrappe's posts

Pedroia hurt in WBC!

[Quote]Like Bill 806, I think the WBC is the dumbest thing baseball-related I've ever heard of. The thing that really makes it ridiculous is thew timing, seriously, when ESPN explained the rules in 2006 I thought they were joking. Why the f#ck would you have it during Spring Training? this is all it accomplishes...who cares of USA wins. I hope they lose so we can get Youk and Pedroia back, and that comes from an American. Also, I am hereby sending my thanks to Venezuela (or maybe it was Poorto Rico) for beating out Canada and the Neverlands for beating out the Dumbinican Republic so we could get Ortiz and Bay back...[/Quote]

Well said and hilarious

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Pedroia hurt in WBC!

[Quote]Like Bill 806, I think the WBC is the dumbest thing baseball-related I've ever heard of. The thing that really makes it ridiculous is thew timing, seriously, when ESPN explained the rules in 2006 I thought they were joking. Why the f#ck would you have it during Spring Training? this is all it accomplishes...who cares of USA wins. I hope they lose so we can get Youk and Pedroia back, and that comes from an American. Also, I am hereby sending my thanks to Venezuela (or maybe it was Poorto Rico) for beating out Canada and the Neverlands for beating out the Dumbinican Republic so we could get Ortiz and Bay back...[/Quote]

Wait just one minute. Are you saying that espn actually talked baseball recently? ;)

Pedroia got shipped back to Ft. Myers 5 minutes after he felt he was hurt. The WBC isn't all that bad, guys. We wouldn't have Dice-K or Okajima without it. Lugo got more hurt and he was with Red Sox in ST... so. I do have some issues with it too. I didn't want Ortiz ( or Beckett) to play in it this year because of last years injuries.. cause i'd rather our team physicans and trainers be responsible for any re-injury of any kind. Ortiz went, I held my breath, DR lost, now he's back and I exhaled.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Pedroia hurt in WBC!

[Quote]

Good one Law2005.......................I mean crono420. Yeah, without quitter................................I mean money ramirez.......................................I mean Manny Ramirez, we are hopeless. LOL.[/Quote]

time will tell. Its a long season. I just don't get idiot fans like you who underestimate Ramirez's value. It goes to show how idiotic red sox fans have become.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Pedroia hurt in WBC!

[Quote]

time will tell. Its a long season. I just don't get idiot fans like you who underestimate Ramirez's value. It goes to show how idiotic red sox fans have become.[/Quote] NOW WAIT ONE MINUTE BUSTER !!!!! TAKE THE BLINDERS OFF..... MAN-CHILDS VALUE ?????? YOU EVER HEAR OF TOXIC ASSETS ???????????

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PSFever. Show PSFever's posts

Pedroia hurt in WBC!

That's one of the reasons I don't agree with playing in the WBC. Dustin wouldn't be going full speed just yet in ST and may have prevented the injury. I understand why players want to play and represent their country but ST is a more gradual atmosphere to get your body prepared for the long season.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from longview1967. Show longview1967's posts

Pedroia hurt in WBC!

One good thing--I believe they've gone to every-four-years schedule.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeyama99. Show joeyama99's posts

Pedroia hurt in WBC!

Pedroia got hurt doing a simple batting drill, that could easily have happened in Ft. Myers as Youkillis pointed out. Anyone who can´t appreciate the WBC at least a little as very good baseball in an international setting is not a true baseball fan and lives a limited, narrow life.

Sections
Shortcuts