1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinniSoxFan. Show MinniSoxFan's posts

PEES HAS TO GO

When your quarterback throws for 400 yards and 3 touchdowns, no picks, and your offense scores 31 points, you should be able to win the game. Why didn't the Pats win tonight? Because the D is still playing this bend but don't break weak denfense. You can't afford to play prevent the entire game. In OT, you especially cannot play bend but don't break, because bend but don't break involves accepting giving up a field goal, which is ALL IT TAKES TO WIN IN OT. The time has come for this man to go, and let Dom Capers zone blitz and bump and run this defense back to respectability.

PLAYING PREVENT ONLY PREVENTS YOU FROM WINNING.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

PEES HAS TO GO

Pees should take his ineffective 3 man rush with him on the first bus out of town.

I don't get it. The defensive comes alive in the 2nd half putting pressure on the Old Man, the POOF, for whatever silly arsed reason the Patriots revert to no pass rush on the critical 3 and 15 in OT.

I don't get it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

PEES HAS TO GO

The defense showed up after the second half, but then went into one of those spells like they did against the Giants, and the Colts the year before. The special team sucks too. Thank god fore young talent like mayo and Guyton, we need more like them, especially in the secondary.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ericdejong. Show ericdejong's posts

PEES HAS TO GO

When you have starting CBs as bad as Ellis Hobbs you have to play that style. Hobbs can't even stay in the same zip code as any wide receiver he has tried to cover this season - unless of course he is hanging on his back getting called for pass interference. He is the worts CB in the league and the other DBs aren't very good either.

Have you noticed that every team we have played has receivers running wild making easy catches while our great WRs have a hard time getting open. That's because our DBs are pathetic cover guys, weak tacklers, not very durable and small.

We can't win with these guys on the field.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

PEES HAS TO GO

Yeah! Cause it was clearly Pees calling the plays in OT. BB was too busy practicing the sucker punch he was gonna use in the handshake had he won the game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

PEES HAS TO GO

I agree that CB is an issue. SS is also an issue as Sanders had another poor game.

On the positive side the front seven played great.

But at some point you need to look at Hobbs, Oneal, Sanders and realize there is only one real starter there and he is more of a nickel back than a true outside CB.

Merriweather still looks good, even though he didn't have his best game tonight.

In all, PEES cost them that first down. A more aggressive play and they get a 4th down. They don't even need to blitz, jsut DON'T put your Cbs 20-25 yards off the ball when the defense only needs 16 yards.

It is like when McDaniels calls for a four yard pass on 3rd and ten, or a sweep on 3rd and 1.

Simple football arithmetic. BB has granted them the same autonomy he granted Weiss and Crennel, and they haven't (to me) proved they deserve it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

PEES HAS TO GO

As much as I hate to say it, the simple football arithmetic that lost this game was 7-3=4. For all the late-game heroics that almost pulled this thing out, the game was essentially lost in the first half with red zone inefficiency (again). What is it about the opponent's 20-yard line that makes McDaniel abandon everything that has moved the team down the field in favor of deep passes and delayed runs? I think those draw plays that worked so well against Indianapolis may have clouded McDaniel's thinking.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

PEES HAS TO GO

Zbellino, Merriweather had a terrible game. He was targeted by the Old Man all night. His tackling once again proves that he is no Mayo. You need only look to the critical 3 and 15 in OT where Merriweather could have stopped the play 2 yards short of a 1st down. I thought Merrwether reacted very slow in coverage resulting in big plays by Jets all night.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dunnieboy. Show Dunnieboy's posts

PEES HAS TO GO

Mayo looks like the real deal ... hope he can deal with being on an also-ran team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from buppa13. Show buppa13's posts

PEES HAS TO GO

instead of a cab for Pees send a mini-van and put clank(aka Watson} with him. for a te that is supposed to have good hands he has been terrilble this year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wwsf4ever. Show wwsf4ever's posts

PEES HAS TO GO

[Quote]When you have starting CBs as bad as Ellis Hobbs you have to play that style. Hobbs can't even stay in the same zip code as any wide receiver he has tried to cover this season - unless of course he is hanging on his back getting called for pass interference. He is the worts CB in the league and the other DBs aren't very good either.

Have you noticed that every team we have played has receivers running wild making easy catches while our great WRs have a hard time getting open. That's because our DBs are pathetic cover guys, weak tacklers, not very durable and small.

We can't win with these guys on the field.[/Quote]

Eric,
    While I agree with your assessment of this crew of DB's... I also think you are very narrow-minded as to how to fix the problem. We have seen time and time again that it is easy for a WR to break free from ANY DB given the time to do so. Therefore if you know that you have subpar DB's how do you improve them? You do not give them the time to break completely clear. The way to do that is to put an honest rush on the QB so that he cannot get a good look downfield and find the person who has broken free.

What do you think happened in this game? Qtr 1, 2 Hobbs et al just couldn;t stick with the players they were guarding, then Qtr 3, 4 they suddenly figured it all out and could keep them from breaking free, only to forget again when OT came around? That belief is truly asinine.... so I am sure that is not what you think happened. What really happened is that in the second half the Def started going after Favre, not giving him time to squat in the backfield until harvest time. Therefore he needed to make a decision faster, so the DB's did not need to be as perfect, therefore the team played slightly better def. We have all seen this before- numerous times. When you have a weak D backfield, you make it stronger by using the front seven to limit the damage that can bedone.

YES Hobbs lacks shutdown ability. He is more suited to be a #2. However we have a decent couple young guys who need to work their way in, and they do not need to be sliced and diced while doing so... We need the pass rush to get off it's butt and put pressure on the QB

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

PEES HAS TO GO

let's keep blaming Pees and ignore the fact that our secondary is brutal and can't cover anyone. Not one of the guys back there right now is a solid NFL starter. Do you people remember this years SD game when we tried to leave our DB's in one on one coverage?? How many long passes did we give up??? After the game BB commented something to the effect that they played pretty well except for giving up the big play. Pick you poison. Bring guys closer to the line and blitz more and they'll keep getting torched for big plays. Play less aggressive and further from the line, and they'll get dink and dunked to death. Whether talking about the Pats or Sox, it seems like many of the posters here want to lay too much of the blame on coaches and not enough on the guys who are actually paid to make the plays.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

PEES HAS TO GO

siesta, I agree with 99% of your assessment. If we had a good pass rush it would help mask our horrible DB play.

I silghtly disagree in that I think the coach's need to be held accountable for there players. After all they pick the player and call the defensive alignments.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoLaN87. Show NoLaN87's posts

PEES HAS TO GO

On a positive note, Cassel's improvement should lead to greater freedom and less red zone conservatism. The next step for Cassel is to improve on the long ball.

I agree, but everyone complaining that Cassell cant complete the long ball is really starting to get to me. If we remember back to when Brady first started at QB, he said that each offseason he worked on one thing to improve in his game. He would work on one specific skill each offseason and then the next season would be a better QB because of it. It was not until the 2006 offseason that he worked on the long ball, and that was because we got Randy Moss as a deep threat. Now it does suck that Cassell can't connect deep, but we were all spoiled with Brady's cannon of an arm last year and fail to realize that it took him a whole entire offseason to get his distance and accuracy to where he wanted it. So while it sucks that Cassell doesn't have the long ball, we can't really expect him to perfect it in a few practices.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

PEES HAS TO GO

The defense sucks? We just held Buffalo to 3 points through 58 minutes. We were 6th in the league in points allowed before the Jets game, and that includes the blowouts to Miami and San Diego.

Pees sucks? With him as DC, we were top 5 in points allowed in 2006 and 2007.

Cassel can't complete the long ball? What about his first pass of the season? What about the bomb to Moss against the Niners? What about the bomb against 2 deep safety coverage in Indy that Gaffney dropped? How many bombs did Brady throw each season before 2007?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidSeattle. Show DavidSeattle's posts

PEES HAS TO GO

True,
    But doesn't BB ultimately decide what the Defense should do?
    I looked a the stats for the returning 6 front guys on NFL.COM.
    It seems about the same, except for M. Vrabel who had 12.5 sacks last year and 2 so far..
    I can remember when Crennel was here you'd see zone blitzes, a corner and LB from the same side, very effective.
    I think BB has to the make a decision if Pees is too soft

Go Pats

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from thetrinity12. Show thetrinity12's posts

PEES HAS TO GO

[Quote]When you have starting CBs as bad as Ellis Hobbs you have to play that style. Hobbs can't even stay in the same zip code as any wide receiver he has tried to cover this season - unless of course he is hanging on his back getting called for pass interference. He is the worts CB in the league and the other DBs aren't very good either.

We can't win with these guys on the field.[/Quote]

The Giants won last year with marginal CBs and a good defensive scheme that made it impossible to tell where the pressure was coming from. We showed we have that ability in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. Perhaps Pees fainted and Capers started calling plays. Pees regained consciousness in time to blow it.

In seriousness, the jets were supposed to win this game. They are one of the teams benefitting most from the AFC being crushed by injuries.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

PEES HAS TO GO

Also the strategy of not wanting to pay defensive backs more than what seems to be a price BB and Pioli come up with for the position is not working. How many games have been lost this year because of the very ordinary db's that have been brought in. It also cost them the superbowl last year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from green0534. Show green0534's posts

PEES HAS TO GO

Pees Stinks being in a new Defensive Coordinator please

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

PEES HAS TO GO

Yeah, the corner blitz is always a great idea. Like against Kansas City when we tried one and they completed a pass down to our 5 yard line.

The fact remains that we were top 5 in points allowed under Pees his first two seasons, and we were top 6 before the Jets game. Plus our defense is riddled with injuries and inexperienced players. Oh, and Pees has a marquee coach in charge of the secondary, and the greatest defensive mastermind the game has ever seen as head coach. But clearly the fact that we're 6-4 and just one game behind in the division means we should fire our defensive coordinator.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

PEES HAS TO GO

[Quote]siesta, I agree with 99% of your assessment. If we had a good pass rush it would help mask our horrible DB play.

I silghtly disagree in that I think the coach's need to be held accountable for there players. After all they pick the player and call the defensive alignments
    [/Quote]

i haven't seeen a constant pass rush from our front three all year, every qb we have played this year has either had a career game or a rating of 100, our d line is pathetic and when is the last time the unit made a stop to seal a game? i think it was when big willie stopped james in indy on fourth and goal as time expiered, no one wants to make a play form that side of the ball. one more thing is the tackling it has been bad and getting worse everygame, merriweather has got to start wrapping up instedo of trying to knock guys out

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

PEES HAS TO GO

If Crennel gets fired at the end of the season, mebbe we can get him back.

Sections
Shortcuts