1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Philly spares MLB humiliation...

Bud Selig must be thanking the gods of baseball that the Phillies just saved baseball the humiliation of presenting its trophy ot the worst example of the product existing.

From the care-less fans, to the bad ownership that is more interested in making a quick buck instead of investing in winning teams and reaping the benefits, to the god awful ugly stadium and a team of punks.

I thank the Phils and I am sre many people in the MLB front office do as well.

Congrats Phils, I know that sports town has cheered hard for years and gotten nothing in football, baseball or basketball, despite having ownership groups that have invested heavily in good talent.

They deserve it. The Rays did not. Justice is served.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccb2006. Show ccb2006's posts

Philthies ownership not much better. They usually dont get into bidding wars for free agents, cry the "small market team" blues, etc. Congrats to the long suffering fans like my father, not the drunks who decided to buy Philthies stuff last week. Hopefully they only win this one title and wait another 25 years for a major title.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreamer007. Show dreamer007's posts

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS
    OF 2008

THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joe301. Show joe301's posts

MLB sucks, plain and simple. I love baseball, love rooting for the Sox, but the love affair between MLB and FOX must end! Why the hell are these games starting at 8 or later? Baseball may love the greed now, but in the long run they are losing the true future fans of the game, the kids. And am I the only one who thinks, especially with the possibility of next season having the World Series in November, that MLB should take a cue from the NFL and play the World Series out in a predetermined location? I just feel that playing games in near freezing conditions is not a true representation of what the games should be. The World Series should be a game that pits the 2 best teams under the best conditions as well, not the train wreck we saw this week in Philly.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from angel3781. Show angel3781's posts

[Quote]"From the care-less fans, to the bad ownership that is more interested in making a quick buck instead of investing in winning teams and reaping the benefits, to the god awful ugly stadium and a team of punks."

You have issues as a MLB fan. The Rays and St. Pete represented baseball well during the postseason. You sound sour grapes, but hold that thought. The Rays will be back to torment you next season as well. I think most Sox fans respect what the Rays franchise accomplished by keeping their kids and not trading them away for aging hi priced veterans. They now have a core to contend for a WS for several years. Those kids know they will be back soon.[/Quote]

I seriously doubt that the Rays will be contenders next season. Sure, they had a great year, however you need to have a little perspective here. The Sox have been battling injuries all season long, as have the Yankees. The Yankees have shed lots of payroll and can now just spend their way back into contention. The Sox will probably look to re-tool some on offense as well. The point being, the Rays won't be beating up on injured teams next season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from txHeat. Show txHeat's posts

If the Rays finish higher than 3rd next year it will be a collosal upset.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Looking forward to the Red Sox continuing their dynasty over MLB in 2009.

Why are people on such a Rays hating kick around here? They had a good year. The sox and yankees didn't. That is the way it goes sometimes. They made it to the WS fair and square. Some of you are sounding like you have a serious case of sour grapes going on. Don't expect them to just fold up and go away next year either. They have a good core of young players. They will be a team in contention. And since when have they crowned the red sox as a dynasty? You had a good team in 04 and 07. That doesn't make a dynasty. It means you had two good teams. The sense of entitlement you are displaying would be ridiculed if it was coming from a yankee fan. It doesn't sound any better coming from a sox fan.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from txHeat. Show txHeat's posts

[Quote]

Why are people on such a Rays hating kick around here? They had a good year. The sox and yankees didn't. That is the way it goes sometimes. They made it to the WS fair and square. Some of you are sounding like you have a serious case of sour grapes going on. Don't expect them to just fold up and go away next year either. They have a good core of young players. They will be a team in contention. And since when have they crowned the red sox as a dynasty? You had a good team in 04 and 07. That doesn't make a dynasty. It means you had two good teams. The sense of entitlement you are displaying would be ridiculed if it was coming from a yankee fan. It doesn't sound any better coming from a sox fan.
    [/Quote]

Ahhhh...the Diva is BACK!!!!
    ;-)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

Why are people on such a Rays hating kick around here? They had a good year. The sox and yankees didn't.

The Sox didn't have a good year?????

Looked pretty darn good to me. Only two teams get to the World Series. Sox were number 3 - how do you define 'good'?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

[Quote][Quote]

[/Quote]

Ahhhh...the Diva is BACK!!!!
    ;-)[/Quote]LOL Tx......the whining around here is awful. After reading post after post of it I just couldn't take any more ! Someone had to say something !

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

[Quote]Why are people on such a Rays hating kick around here? They had a good year. The sox and yankees didn't.

The Sox didn't have a good year?????

Looked pretty darn good to me. Only two teams get to the World Series. Sox were number 3 - how do you define 'good'?
    [/Quote]I thought so too but it is hard to tell by the posts I have been reading here.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Declan26. Show Declan26's posts

Guys, give the rays credit, they fought hard, played hard and ran into a better team with a little more experience than them. I'm sure they will definitely be players from now on in our division. I personally don't think this team is as good as we made them look in our series. I come on, we played them a total of 19 times this year!! There are no surprises, everyone knows what the others got, weaknesses, strengths. We were essentially without our 3, 4 and 5 hitters. papi injured and lacking confidence, lowell injured, and manny gone. If Lowell was healthy and playing in the series, I think things would have been different. I doubt he would have done what Kotsay did offensively. and he would have made the starting nine that much deeper.

Just tip your hat, we got beat, but next year, we'll see what we can do with a healthy papi, lowell and hopefully deeper pen, minus timlin.

This was a magical season for the rays where everything clicked, do we really think that pen is going to do what they did this year? Will they avoid nagging injuries to key players? We'll see. I'm proud of the sox, let's see what happens this offseason and get ready to get behind our team 100% again!

Go Sox

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Havid and Declan good posts by good fans of the game. Kudos to you both.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kt888. Show kt888's posts

[Quote]Havid and Declan good posts by good fans of the game. Kudos to you both.[/Quote]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsahiSuperDry. Show AsahiSuperDry's posts

I'm with the majority of the posters on here. Thank's Phils for saving the integrity of the game. What a travesty it would have been to see a team like Tampa win a WS before a team like the Indians or Pirates do.

The Rays are an awful franchise, with hot-dog players that think they're bigger than the game, a terrible stadium, equallt awful fans and a manager that is one of the most annoying guys in baseball in a long time. Is Joe Maddon serious with those glasses??? "Ohhh I'm Joe Maddon I wear these glasses to show that I understand youth culture and that I fit in with my young team. Oh, also I use words like "pad" to refer to my house, even though I'm kind of old and it's a young person word. I say stuff like that to further my image as a guy that understand youth culture. Get it, guys? I'm Joe Maddon."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kt888. Show kt888's posts

Yankee-diva,

I respect your opinion, have for a long time, and it's nice to see a poster from the days of the forums prior to this wonderful changeover (sarcasm, obviously)......

However, I hope you also call out your fellow Yankee fans over on the YES website, in the same manner you do Red Sox fans. The same whining and sense of entitlement is as rampant over there as it is here, to say the least - certainly enough to keep you busy typing for a long while.

I, for one, am extremely proud to be a RS fan, especially the way they played through injury and adversity this year, without using any of it as an excuse. Different guys stepped in and stepped up. Many believed the Red Sox wouldn't even make the playoffs following the Manny trade. They really showed a ton of character.

As for the Rays and the WS, I found myself rooting for the Phillies, and I found myself wondering why. I don't hate the Rays, but, they have become a division rival. Not as intense as the Yankees, of course, but a rival nonetheless. Still, you need to respect them given how far they have come so fast. Makes the AL that much stronger and that much more interesting.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tampabaysox. Show tampabaysox's posts

As a relocated Sox fan, I can say that yes, the Rays fans are lame down here for the most part. They don't know very much about the game and are bandwagoners in general. However, this team is good. The Rays have had injuries this year to Kazmir, Longoria, Pena, and Crawford and still won 97 games. I would expect Garza (25) to be even better next year not to mention phenom David Price (23) will be in the starting rotation. Also Longoria (23) and Upton (24) could improve. This team is dangerous no matter which way you cut it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

[Quote]Yankee-diva,

I respect your opinion, have for a long time, and it's nice to see a poster from the days of the forums prior to this wonderful changeover (sarcasm, obviously)......

However, I hope you also call out your fellow Yankee fans over on the YES website, in the same manner you do Red Sox fans. The same whining and sense of entitlement is as rampant over there as it is here, to say the least - certainly enough to keep you busy typing for a long while.

I, for one, am extremely proud to be a RS fan, especially the way they played through injury and adversity this year, without using any of it as an excuse. Different guys stepped in and stepped up. Many believed the Red Sox wouldn't even make the playoffs following the Manny trade. They really showed a ton of character.

As for the Rays and the WS, I found myself rooting for the Phillies, and I found myself wondering why. I don't hate the Rays, but, they have become a division rival. Not as intense as the Yankees, of course, but a rival nonetheless. Still, you need to respect them given how far they have come so fast. Makes the AL that much stronger and that much more interesting.....[/Quote]Hi Kt, good to see you again. I wouldn't waste my time on yankee fans who are a bunch of whiners either. I went to YES once and frankly didn't like it. Other teams were just better then the yankees were this year. The yankees got the place, 3rd, that they deserved. If there are yankee fans whining about that, then they would be the type of people I wouldn't want to deal with. I don't understand people like that. I have no patience for it. LOL Listen I don't like the sox. But even with their injuries they showed they could get to the PO's. The yankees had injuries too, but couldn't get it done. I have no problem with saying the sox were a better team. So were the Rays. Which I did root for, but if it were the sox I have to say I wouldn't have. LOL But I had no problem with the Phillies winning it either. They were just as deserving. I hope my team makes the changes it needs to be more competitive next year. It is time to look ahead.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsahiSuperDry. Show AsahiSuperDry's posts

HA! UTICA CLUB! Yea, I used to have that name, but I changed it up a few years ago after they had the fire at their brewery. Meet me down on Seneca street next year after the Boilermaker Havidyawd, the UC's will be on me.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauloz. Show pauloz's posts

Absolutely!

Good thing Manny wasn't around either - it saved everyone on the Red Sox and the MLB humiliation.

Congrats Phillies!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect81. Show mosseffect81's posts

Gee-its so easy to talk big after haveing time to dry our tears.its obvious the sox didnt deserve anything they lost to the new beasts of the east.it took you guys 86yrs to get to the series,and you use the stupid curse exscuse.and we have the greatest story in baseball beat the big payroll team,and stars,and the least payroll team with rookies,and no names whipped your azzes all year,and make it to the series in 10 years of there existence.its time to shut up,and put up.the east wont be the same anymore for there is a new contender thats very young,and talented,and will win it most of the time from now on.what exscuses will the sox use now.the pay-roll curse?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect81. Show mosseffect81's posts

Dry your tears Law.its ok to admit your a sore loser.Its ok to admit that you wet your diaper.Yes you do have 7 titles name the years,and name how long Your team has been in existence.and how long was it before you got your most recent.was it 86yrs!gee dude a franchise that was born 10yrs ago makes it with the least payroll.Thats worse then the curse of the Bambino.In your teams 100yrs of playing you only have 7 titles?thats worth bragging about.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect81. Show mosseffect81's posts

you should Laugh Law- just how much of a Joke you are.its one thing to show your support for your team,but its another to dog a team that beat out your team,and they both lose there games,but you can only call one a Loser.now thats something to laugh about.is that something like the pot calling the kettle black?show your fanhood dude without the Ignorance.as for the exscuses there like a-holes we all have them.as for a park.that depends how you define that.there is the trop.its a great place to play without the elements.thats an exscuse i could use in our loss to the series,but im better then that.the best team won.oh trust me they will get there new park,or they may Re-do the trop.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Psst...the Boston Red Sox have eight things the Tampa Bay Rays will NEVER have:

Class
    Seven World Championships

Do the math, losers.

If a yankee fan comes on here and starts talking about 26 WS championships you all have no problem ragging on them for that. And yet here you are bragging about 7 to those Ray fans. That is too funny. And how do you know that the Rays will never have 7 WS wins? You have a crystal ball no one else have? As for class? Someone who has to brag about having class.....doesn't have it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamaicaPlain67. Show JamaicaPlain67's posts

I tip my hat to the year that TB had. I saw it coming in 2007 when they lost many close games. They then went out and corrected their terrible bullpen. Their farm system supplied them with great talent. They made a few very smart trades. Their starting pitching with Price added to it will be something to reckon with in 2009. Their excellent bullpen may have trouble putting up those numbers again. A super year by Longoria and Carlos Pena, can they repeat that, probably not but they will do 80% as well. In conclusion, I think it was great for baseball that a team can come out of nowhere with a low payroll and won 97 games and the ALCS.
    Brings back memories of the 1967 Red Sox ( The impossible Dream team), which was not only great for baseball but brought fandom back to Fenway Park after a long spell of sub-mediocrity. Most memorable was that team. The teams of 1975 and 1978 were the best in my opinion, the problem was finishing the task at hand against the dreaded Yankees.

Sections
Shortcuts