1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

Pinch me, I must be dreaming!

It can't possibly be this good. Can it? The Red Sox have a 2-0 lead in the World Series. The Patriots are on another planet and could be on their way to a perfect season. Boston College (yes that Boston College) is No. 2 in the nation and has the national title in their sights. And we didn't even mention the Boys of Winter (Bruins and Celtics) yet. How does it feel to be a Boston sports fan right now?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmp1275. Show bmp1275's posts

Don't forget about the Revolution, they start their post season this weekend!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from brenndino. Show brenndino's posts

Sox and Pats . . nice!
    not a BC fan at all though!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from brenndino. Show brenndino's posts

oh yes, i'm sure we'll all have to torn away from our sets to when soccer comes on!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from curtinthecar. Show curtinthecar's posts

It is not easy to enjoy all this winning -

1. My TiVo is 100% full from all the games going on at the same time.

2. I haven't gotten a good nights sleep in a week

3. I have arthritis in my thumb from hitting the previous channel button on my remote during Game 2 and the BC game

4. And now I have to devote 8 straight hours of my Sunday to watching perfection.

It was a lot easier in the old days when your heart was ripped out by the beginning of September and the Patriots games were blacked out in the local market.

Oh well, I guess raking the leaves can wait another week.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from curtinthecar. Show curtinthecar's posts

Nevermind, my leaf raking problem has been solved. I just found a Yankee/Jet fan with nothing to do to take care of it for me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from crine. Show crine's posts

Helllooo! How about the most disrespected team in this city??? Can you say R-E-V-O-L-U-T-I-O-N!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sparky. Show sparky's posts

I don't know how you could NOT be a fan, with all this going on around you. Woo-hoo!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

Mixed feelings here...

I'm a HUGE BoSox fan, since 1978.

I'm a HUGE Celtics fan, since the days of Hondo.

HOWEVER, in football I root for the Miami Dolphins, the winningest NFL franchise since the 1970 AFL-NFL merger (yes, I admit this in an a typical 0-7 season but we'll be back and Belicheat knows this). So I am not all that happy that the Pats are up these days. I prefer seeing the Patsies instead. Oh well, can't have everything.

...and I am not a hockey fan.

So, GO BoSox and GO Celtics....I MUST BE DREAMING!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zitface. Show zitface's posts

Buster, I agree, stay away, we don't want you .. We made a sign last night to bring to the parade and Celts opener (Red Sox logo "1 Down" on one board .. Pats and Celts logos "2 to go" on the other) .. my son asked me why I didn't include BC, seeing that my wife and I both graduated from BC .. I explained to him that other than Harvard and MIT, everybody else around here has an inferiority complex that prevents them from supporting the only legit D1 program around here, even though BC grads routinely pull for UConn hoops, Holy Cross, UVM, UMass football in the 1AA playoffs, etc ..

"ACC's step child" .. HA .. I know that's what you were expecting, but it's certainly not the way it's played out, don't let facts get in the way, though .. no ACC program has been better at football and basketball combined than BC has in the last 3 years

Bottom line: We're having the time of our life with the Sox and Pats and soon to be Celts .. as for BC, my friends and I have no problem celebrating privately

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmp1275. Show bmp1275's posts

Actually I couldn't care less, I just find it humorous how nobody cares. Now if they actually build a stadium in Somerville, I may go to check it out; going to Foxboro is such a pain in the . . .

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zitface. Show zitface's posts

cshashaty .. go away, we don't need you .. no such thing as a Sox-Celts-Dolphins fan .. you're not a REAL Boston sports fan if you can root for any team from another city

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatman. Show fatman's posts

Hey cshashaty - when you say winningest team in NFL history, what exactly do you mean? Are you refering to winning percentage, amount of games won, or something else? I haven't check the stats on that one, don't need to.. I know we have won 3 superbowl, so I'd say we are more winningest that that sorry team out in Miami. And there is a long line of winningest teams that you're gonna nead to stand behind. Win all the games you want, the last game is the only one that counts. (actually this year it would be pretty impressive if you could just win one game.)

But enjoy the first pick of the draft. Maybe you can pick up another bust reciever and sign a 40 year old QB to throw to him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigguy. Show bigguy's posts

I grew up in Philly and spent about 20 years in Boston until I moved to London a few months after the Sox WS win in 04. I never thought I would leave the Phils or the Eagles but ended up as a fan of both Boston teams, long before they both became the "popular" teams to support. But I felt a brotherhood with the long suffering fans of Boston and after a decade or so, ended up feeling it more for the Sox and Pats than the Phils and Eagles. It wasn't difficult for a while, because it was great to have an AFC and American league team to support because, as cities that had the same type of disdain for winning, we were never going to meet in the postseason, right? Then, in summer 2002 I was at an interleague game between the Sox and the Phils and I found myself rooting for the Sox (it didn't help the Phils fans, because they started an E-A-G-L-E-S chant in the bleachers and got a bit too violent about it, which I found especially amusing since the Pats won the SB the year before and the Eagles hadn't won, well, ever...). Since becoming a Sox fan, I've nearly physically hurt myself after the 03 ALCS devastation, watched the Pedro years thinking that he was going to do it by himself, felt the hurt of the 86 SB and thought that the Yanks in the late 90's were the sign of the beast coming back to reclaim the earth from god, but became a die hard Sox and Pats fan.

Now, my brother, who lives in Philly and is a die hard Philly and Eagles fan, absolutely hates all Boston/NE fans and thinks that we are the worst people on earth. He states that everyone is a bandwagon fan, that we get all the calls, and that we are basically the devil. I say, F them and everyone else that doesn't like New England sports fans!

Everyone hates winners. The owners of the teams in Boston, just like Steinbrenner did in the late 90's, want the teams to win and spend tons of money and get the best talent, from management to players, to make sure that they are the best. Every city is simply jealous of the way the Pats and the Sox are performing

By the way boston.com, not everyone likes BC and they're not a regional team. Many of us do not like them because we went to opposing schols.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from supersoph. Show supersoph's posts

I agree about the BC thing. The media seems to think that the Boston area is covered with BC fans. Quite the contrary I may add. Many college grads are from other rival schools or have family traditions with other schools. In fact the BC success is a big irritant for alot of us, and came close to ruining the Sox win last night. I think its hysterical the amount of coverage they get around here as their grads are spread out throughout the country. If this was Nebraska, OKlahoma etc. I could see it but most around could give 2 sh--- about them or dislike them instensly.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from falconn. Show falconn's posts

I think the Sox will finish this thing in 6, but I still remember 1986 when we won the first two in New York and proceeded to one of the greatest collapses of all time. Finish what you started Red Sox!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from supersoph. Show supersoph's posts

ZF- I dont think that the Harvard, MIT grads are feeling any "inferiority" complex about BC. BC was probably their safety school and if they cared about sports so much I am sure they would have gone to the 3rd or 4th school choices. Also dont show your ignorance by stating that BC fans support UConn hoops, that is probably their arch enemy #1.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sickofmass. Show sickofmass's posts

Reason number 1000 why this state is so screwed up... There are some out there that are routing against BC because they attended another university in the area? Pathetic. How about recognizing the fact that the school is representing your home town (not to mention they are doing it with class and the highest graduation rate among D1 programs)!!!

GO Eagles!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zitface. Show zitface's posts

You obviously don't go to Harvard or MIT, because I said they are the only ones who DON'T have an inferiority complex.

And I assure you BC fans root for UConn if they're making a run in the NCAAs and we're having a down year or we're already out .. BC alums have always pulled for teams in our conference or in the region -- as is the case with most conferences around the country -- but the respect has never been returned. Our hands are clean, it speaks volumes about the rest of you.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zitface. Show zitface's posts

"In fact the BC success is a big irritant for alot of us, and came close to ruining the Sox win last night."

WOW didn't even see that one before my last post. You pretty much expose yourself there. Fact is if Oklahoma State plays for a title, Oklahoma fans root for them as long as it's not head-to-head -- that's why the media is assuming the same to be true here. BC fans follow that unwritten rule. Those around us do not. Like I said, speaks volumes about you.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tlandry51. Show tlandry51's posts

After 2004 it's not the same feeling after being around since 1967, but it still feels real positive. I've heard of the "K" kids but who are they really?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffpi. Show jeffpi's posts

BC is not "representing" our city. It is a private catholic school filled with students from all over the country (inc. alot of Yankee fans). UMASS is our state school I feel they should be rooted for regardless. It also because of the smugness of BC fans like yourself that most non-BC grads dislike them so.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lnmonster. Show lnmonster's posts

It ALWAYS fees great to be a sports fan in Boston. First, because you're in Boston. And second because Boston sprots fans are the best informed and classiest on the planet. Having all the local teams competing seriously for the brass ring at the same time is just icing on the cake.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmp1275. Show bmp1275's posts

I have to disagree with your logic here. I do not think any Cubs fans were rooting for the White Sox to win the World Series, and I do not think any Mets fans have rooted for the Yankees under any circumstances. Why should college sports be any different? Just because I'm from Boston, have lived here all my life, graduated from college (not B.C.), why the hell would I root for them?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from globularities. Show globularities's posts

Yeah, these are salad days for Boston fans -- especially of the Sox and the Pats. The jury is still out on the Bruins and the Celtics. Hockey has a long way to go to win back its fans from the golden era of Bobby Orr, and the Celtics are still a mystery waiting to unfold (they'll be interesting to watch, anyway).

One caveat: I don't share the joy over BC's success. That college's ill-advised and money-driven departure to the ACC has set in motion a domino effect that's NOT so good for New England sports fans.

Both NESN in their broadcast coverage and the GLOBE in its newspaper coverage are guilty of hyping BC and broadcasting/reporting ACC games at the expense of New England programs that have traditionally been of interest. Thus we must suffer featured NESN/GLOBE coverage of all of these distant, Southern colleges such as Duke, NC, NC State, Maryland, Wake Forest, Miami, etc., while local schools with New England roots get all but ignored (by NESN coverage) or are relegated to small type in a bottom corner (by the GLOBE). I'm talking UMASS, BU, Vermont, UNH, Univ. of Maine, Providence, UCONN, URI, etc.

The South shall rise again, indeed...

Sections
Shortcuts