1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Pioli hasnt screwed pats yet but could by...

yeh, I have to agree with Ricky. The best out of it would be one for one. No draft picks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoLaN87. Show NoLaN87's posts

I agree with Pats_4ever -
    Especially now because Cutler is being a little whiny b*tch. Also, Cutler is not as good as everyone thinks... he is 17-20 since starting whereas Cassell is 11-5 without any starts in 6 years. Granted Cassell had Moss and Welker to throw to, but how did Miami's QB's do with Welker to throw to? How did Oakland's QB's do with Moss to throw to? The Patriots offense helped Cassell suceed, but I don't think he was this good JUST because of their recievers (like many of the EPSN talking heads are trying to argue).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from modod. Show modod's posts

If Denver trades Cutler, they won't trade him within the division. But more importantly, I don't think Pioli would want an immature jerk like Cutler no matter what the physical skills. I expect Pioli wants to build a team attitude similar to NE. I remember last December after the Donks were decimated by the Bolts in the last game of the season that Cutler basically threw his mates under the bus. Nothing was his fault. Also. look at the whining since he found out about the trade rumors.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

denver was already going to trade cuttler and its first, why wouldnt they trade a 2nd especially to avoid the cuttler mess going on much larger

Since when was Denver going to trade Cutler and its first??? That would be ludicrous. They were going to trade Cutler to TB who would then flip their 1st & 3rd to NE according to all the rumors.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cameron. Show Cameron's posts

Broncos | McDaniels to meet with Cutler Tue, 03 Mar 2009 15:16:54 -0800

DenverBroncos.com reports Denver Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels will meet with QB Jay Cutler next week.

--------------------

Broncos | McDaniels says Cutler will not be traded
    Tue, 03 Mar 2009 15:59:23 -0800
    Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports Denver Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels said the team will not trade QB Jay Cutler. "Let me be as clear as I can about this. We are not trading Jay Cutler - period," McDaniels said.
    ----------------------
    Hello, They Won't Trade. Now Cassel Still In KC. Then Shut Your Mouth.
    End Of Story.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoomhitsBSanders. Show BoomhitsBSanders's posts

He will be traded soon, don't believe Mcdanials saying he won't trade Cutler. He also told Cutler earlier in the week that he did not try to trade him, which the others teams involved already came out and said was a lie and that the Broncos tried to trade him. Don't believe Mcdaniels Cutler probably on the trading block as we speak.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from angel3781. Show angel3781's posts

Csn we please stop with the failed 3 way deal BS? I feel that a lot of what has been reported on this has been misinformation. For example, with regards to Denver giving up their #12 pick to the Pats for Cassel; Mortenson from ESPN over the weekend was quoted as saying that Denver was involved in a 3 team trade involving Tampa Bay. He went on to state that "He has to believe that Denver's #12 pick would be traded to the Pats in such a deal" However, he never stated that it was ever offered, just that he felt that based on what he feels is Cassel's value that that was what he felt would be the most likely compensation. Since then, many on the talking heads have been taking Mort's comments out of context and stating that Denver offered #12 when in fact they didn't, it's just misinformation.

Also, I don't believe that a 3 team trade would have ever worked out for one simple reason. What's in it for Denver? I feel that Detroit & Tampa Bay were trying to hussle Denver because McDaniels is only 32 and has very little experience and thus were trying to get Cutler for pennies on the dollar. C'mon, Cutler is a very good young QB that is locked up for 3 more season at a very low salary compared to the market rate for QB's since he plays under the terms of his rookie deal as the #11 pick. If you sign Cassel it would probably be for a 5-6 yr deal for at least 10-12 million per year. If you're Denver why would you want to give up the #12 pick in this year's draft plus have to pay 10-12 million per season over six years, when you have Cutler who is just as good or better than Cassel and he is signed for 3 more years at roughly 5-6 million per season. It doesn't make sense, Cassel is not that good and even if it was Tampa's #19 pick be offere instead of #12 it's still stupid.

In my opinion, either Detroit or Tampa Bay would have to probably dive up a #1 & #2 or a #1 plus a player to make such a deal even feasible because otherwise Denver has no motivation to just arbitrarily take on double the salary alloted for the position for a QB that is pretty much the same as what they have already.

So no, it not Belicheck screwing over McDaniels at all, it the media trying to spin the story because they want to create controversy so that they can get ratings and nothing more. This deal was never going to happen because Detroit & Tampa Bay did not want Cassel and were trying to basically get something for nothing by relying on the greater fool theory.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from calchu7. Show calchu7's posts

There's no way Pioli's going to trade to a division rival, expecially a heated rival.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Pioli trying to flip Cassel to Denver is a ridiculous idea. Why would he do this? The three way trade rumor was most likely just that...a rumor! Pioli knows what he's got in Cassel, he was the one who chose him in the first place. He saw how Matt learned in his first three years behind Brady. I cannot believe he would rather have Cutler. As for those who think Cassel was a "fluke" last season, we will see. I think with Gonzalez (if he stays) and Bowe, Cassel will do well in KC...as long as they have a decent O-line in place. Vrable was likely going to be a cap casualty, so BB did him a favor with this trade (and also kept him away from the Jests and Fins). Pioli now has two guys who spent the last few seasons on a winning team, which has to bode well in the Chiefs locker room. And though people are scratching their heads at the compensation, BB likes those picks in the 20-40 range better than the top half of the first. In any case, it looks like both the Chiefs and Broncos have upgraded while SD has done nothing much of note. Although KC won only a couple games in 08, there were a lot that were lost right at the end. I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the mix for the division, as long as they can improve on defense. McDaniels is stuck with Cutler, and he better start working with him and bury the hatchet. I hate the way the media are always trying to make a simple thing into some big "conspiracy" whenever BB is involved! He knew he had to move Cassel quickly, gained extra cap space by including Vrable (who IMO would have been cut anyway), and came away with an extra pick in his favorite "value" range. Let the talking heads say what they will, but who of them have FIVE Super Bowl rings? I'd say results are worth far more than idle BS!!!