1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsox4jack. Show redsox4jack's posts

Poll: Should Theo trade Crisp?

If the Sox cannot recieve reasonable value then obviously No... .he would be a great fourth outfielder.... and his value would only increase at the trading deadline in 2008.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kt888. Show kt888's posts

Everyone is so high on Ellsbury - I am too. But we need to be a bit cautious, I think. He will be a very talented player for years to come, no question about that. But what we saw was a small sampling, and we don't really know how he will sustain over the long MLB season. My guess is that he will be fine, but I really like the depth that Crisp adds. He would be great insurance if someone were to get injured, and even as a 4th outfielder he could project to still get plenty of playing time over the course of the season by getting other guys rest. Coco saved a number of games for us this year with his defense (you don't lose much there, with Jacoby, but you do lose a little, IMO). Plus off the bench in close games, he would add a Dave Roberts-type threat on the bases, or a defensive replacement for Manny. I don't know what is up with Coco's hitting, but I do think he is better than what we have seen. Either way, Coco provides the kind of depth you need to win championships, IMO.

Having said all of that, Coco's value should be quite high right now, but I would be very selective in what I get if I consider moving him, for the reasons stated above. I have to believe that Theo learned his lesson from the Bronson-Pena trade.......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

I would only trade Crisp if he is needed as part of a package for a top of the rotation pitcher like Santana or a good starting caliber catcher. Otherwise I say keep him for outfield depth, as Theo recently mentioned.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sjddaj. Show sjddaj's posts

Yes, I would trade him. But, not for just anyone.

True, Crisp alone will not bring us a good young catcher. But if you add a Tavarez/Snyder to the list (who will be available especailly if we resign Schil), then things may look more attractive.

Crisp is too good of a player to be wasted on the bench as a 4th outfielder. But, I wouldn't trade him for just anyone because he does have value.

What I don't like hearing is some posters saying that we should keep him because Manny may be leaving soon. That it would give us a great defensive OF with Crisp, Ellsbury, and Drew. There is absoultely no way I would even consider this. The decrease in offensive production would be just too much, no matter how much better our defense would be.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kt888. Show kt888's posts

jete,

I'm doing pretty well, and yourself? I agree about the tremendous potential of Pedroia and Ellsbury for years to come. The future looks bright for them both. He is still a rookie though (Ellsbury) and I hope we don't ship Coco out prematurely. Like I said, he would add depth in so many ways moving forward. We'll see how things pan out.

I enjoy the "hot stove" portion of baseball as well. Keeps things interesting while we wait for another season!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz1. Show chazz1's posts

Theo 's rap is nothing more than a sales pitch to keep Coco's value as high as possible. Coco is a STARTING center fielder. A 29 yr old GOLD GLOVE player with solid lifetime stats is not going to ride the bench. Do you really think Coco will give up the prime of his career to be Ellsbury's backup ??? His presence in the clubhouse would be toxic by the all star break. Coco is gone , it's the best move for the Sox and the best move for Coco.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan84. Show redsoxfan84's posts

I am with you kt on this one...

Let's not move Crisp just because we can right now. There are a number of factors to consider for next year:

1. Is Ellsbury ready for an entire year of MLB?

2. Will Manny miss considerable time as he has the last couple of years?

3. Will Drew stay healthy for an entire year?

The 4th outfielder for Boston stands to see a lot of playing time, and if that guys is Coco I would feel pretty good.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz1. Show chazz1's posts

You Guy's are hoping that Coco takes an Alex Cora roll ?? NOT . He is our biggest piece of trade bait. We might see Moss in the roll that is being discussed , not Coco.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsjunky54. Show patsjunky54's posts

I think that we should trade Coco Crisp, Clay Bucholz, and Jon Lester to the Twins For Johan Santana.then sign him to a 3-4yr extension.. just look at the rotation...1 Beckett 2 Santana 3 Schilling 4 Matsuzaka 5 Wakefield.. that is deadly!!! also i think we should try and swing a trade w/ the braves to get 1b Mark Texierra for Julio Lugo (they need a SS) Craig Hansen and Cash. then sign him to like a 2-4yr extension.. move Youk back to 3rd and sign A-Rod to play SS.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from davesakiller. Show davesakiller's posts

The Sox have very few holes anywhere (infield, rotation, bullpen) now with Schilling coming back and a Lowell or A-rod deal likely. And I sure hope it's Lowell.

Why trade Coco if you don't have to. I seriously doubt that Santana's going to give you the years that he's had starting in 2009 so let's not be the Yankees.

An awesome, young catcher is probably the only thing I'd trade Coco for.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulfpt. Show paulfpt's posts

I actually posted here about the logic of a Coco - Gerald Laird trade a couple of months ago. It just seems to make sense.

Laird has a reputation of being a good defensive catcher. As for his hitting....don't get too excited. He hit .224 and has a miserable OBP.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bootis4745. Show bootis4745's posts

This Guy Helped us IMMENSELY This Year!

Although he did not hit well (as expected) this Guy was very instrumental in us winning all year and getting us into the Playoffs.

He did so many things defensively that his Cached could fill an entire Highlight Reel or Web Gem Segment.

When he did get on-base, his base speed was huge and he did a good job bunting, stealing and moving runners along.

I also like this Guy's attitude and determination.

I wish there was a way we could keep him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

Don't hold your breath waiting, Joe.