1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Timo. Show Timo's posts

Ramirez shoves traveling secretary!

And your point is

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yankeehiker. Show Yankeehiker's posts

...Point is Mirez is a Pre-Cambrian punk.... a knuckle scraper...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRDerby. Show HRDerby's posts

Well, as long as he produces he can shove and choke Theo to death.  Thats Manny being Manny.  First Youk and now a FO employee, he looks like he doesn't want his option to be picked up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gabootwo2006. Show gabootwo2006's posts

This just shows that "King" Manny is a thug. What a lowlife act to throw someone 30 year his senior to the ground over 16 tickets. However, nothing is going to come of this because Francona and all the Manny Apologists around here protect the "King" and therefore he can do no wrong in thier eyes. Remember the "scuffle" during the beginning of the month with Manny and Youk? Nothing happened there either as far as punishments handed out.

My whole point here is that if a player like Brandon Moss did that he'd probabally be off the team and/or suspended harshly by the team. However, "King" Manny gets off with no punishment of any kind.

I wonder if Jack McCormick will go the police and place a complaint against Manny for the cowardly thing he did?

"Manny being Manny" LOL!!!!! More like "Manny being a thug"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Victory12321. Show Victory12321's posts

Im  very surprised by this.

First it was Youk and now  this incident over 16 tickets?

Very unsual for a guy like Manny, i wonder if someone ever pushes him around if that individual would get punished by the team.

Maybe he needs to switch his Yoga instructor to a more passive one.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jctjcd. Show jctjcd's posts

[Quote]I think the Sox are making a mistake by not punishing at all.  I love Manny at the plate, but he has to  learn that he can't treat other people with contempt and be violent with them just because he is the teams star hitter.[/Quote]

I completely agree.  I think when he hit Youk it was a mistake to say "oh things happen, no biggie", well hitting a teammate, in public, IS a big deal, and I think this is too.  There needs to be punishment, if it was anyone else no doubt there would be.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from txHeat. Show txHeat's posts

I've never liked Houston.  Must be something in the water down there!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[Quote]Well, as long as he produces he can shove and choke Theo to death.  Thats Manny being Manny.  First Youk and now a FO employee, he looks like he doesn't want his option to be picked up.[/Quote]

Well the Youkilis thing was almost completely Youkilis's fault. You also don't know what was said after "Do you're job" and how the traveling sec. The Sean McAdams piece is rather bias in how it only report one sentence from the argument.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from knedlik. Show knedlik's posts

bean the jerk in his a##, that is where his brain is.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bert0529. Show Bert0529's posts

Manny is good at everything he does. When he hits a baseball it flies over walls. When he pushes a man the man falls down. Manny knitted me a blanket and now I am warm.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bpoojsna. Show bpoojsna's posts

i think this is terrible but just think about it before u come to conclusion..... im sure this is what really happened, Manny was upset at not getting tickets so he got mad like any of us would, so he pushed the guy a little and not recognizing how much stronger he is than a 60 year old man the guy fell over..... now im sure manny didnt mean for him to fall over he probably meant it in a way he pushes his teammates who dont fall over when he pushes them
    now i think if the guy who got pushed forgives manny and the talked it out ..then i dont think any of us should be bitching about it

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jctjcd. Show jctjcd's posts

[Quote]Well the Youkilis thing was almost completely Youkilis's fault. You also don't know what was said after "Do you're job" and how the traveling sec. The Sean McAdams piece is rather bias in how it only report one sentence from the argument.[/Quote]

There was no excuse for Manny to take a swing at Youkilis in the dugout, NONE.  I can't swing at a coworker if he annoys me, and I sure can't push a coworker down, especially one who is 30 years older than me, without losing my job, no matter what that coworker says to me.  Manny was wrong on both counts, very wrong. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from goznes. Show goznes's posts

No big deal, just assault and battery. He gets away with it because no one will press charges. It's unfair to Manny not to hold him responsible for what he does. Otherw" won't be an acceptable defense. There should be fines for players who hit or shove other players to the ground just for when they get frustrated.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from goznes. Show goznes's posts

Let's try this again. It's actually unfair to Manny not to hold him responsible for what he does. Otherwise, he will end up in jail. "Manny being Manny" will not be an acceptable defense. There should be a fine for players who hit or shove other people to the ground just because they are angry and frustrated. Looks like Manny needs an anger management class, too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeswain60. Show jeswain60's posts

Maybe the Red Sox did do something extra to Manny, but privately.
    Also, I read this morning about threats against the Latin and Black Red Sox players, two players named specifically.  If Manny is on edge because of that, i would consider it a mitigating circumstance.
    That all being said, if he just simply went to far, he should be punished further.  As i said earlier, he may already have been without our knowledge.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gradcomm. Show gradcomm's posts

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rplb. Show rplb's posts

Wow Manny can knock down a 70 year old. Who does he think he is Pedro Martinez?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 47gorham. Show 47gorham's posts

Just Manny being Manson!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Victory12321. Show Victory12321's posts

[Quote]Well the Youkilis thing was almost completely Youkilis's fault. You also don't know what was said after "Do you're job" and how the traveling sec. The Sean McAdams piece is rather bias in how it only report one sentence from the argument.[/Quote]

If that was the case then why was Manny the one that had to apologize and not the secreatary?

I mean, if the secretary was the aggressor or trigger something in Manny's head by saying something offensive  i would had bet taht the secretary gets to apologize and depending if Manny accept it or not he/she keeps the job or gets fired.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupporter. Show Gardensupporter's posts

My hunch is most of the players think Manny is a jerk.  People have looked the other way when he loafed, refused to run out balls, refused to play in games, shut it down in late  August when the sox dropped 7 games behind the Yankees, physically attacked Youkilis, and now whacks the travelling secretary,

Manny is above the law with the Sox and I suspect everyone associated is embarassed at the very least.

very bad influence on the young players.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OCB. Show OCB's posts

If you add this kind of action to Manny's good-not-great numbers (.289 / 30 / 100 for the season based on the halfway mark), do you get the Sox not picking up his option for next year? $20 million (I think it would be) is overpaying for those numbers. Hell, J.D. Drew would be .304 / 30 / 96 at "only" $14 million.  Also, I've never seen a Red Sox player with so many simple-minded apologists as the ones for Manny R.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from adco1212. Show adco1212's posts

GaryG-I hate to say it, but we'd probably be reacting the same ("wetting themselves") if Arod did the same thing.  I hate seeing Red Sox act like this...we have a phenominal clubhouse for the most part, and the National media already despises us (not that I care), but we don't need to add unnecessary fuel to the fire. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Curiositykilledthecat. Show Curiositykilledthecat's posts

Manny is an entitled jacka$$

An apology is nothing but an excuse for bad behavior. The Sox need to do more, or his bad behavior will go on, and on, and on....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRDerby. Show HRDerby's posts

[Quote]Funny how all the Yankee posters are wetting themselves over such a little thing...I guess they weren;t around when "Rubber Ed" Whitson broke Billy Martin's arm, or when Gossage and Cliff Johnson were grappling naked in the shower, or when Jackson and Martin went at it in the visitng dugout at Fenway, or when...... If there's one thing Francona is good at, it's making sure this stuff doesn't interfere w/the on field. Drop it....they have[/Quote]

The point is that fans like yourself will look the other way and say "Duh, Manny being Manny is wicked hilarious, duh" when in actuality is not. A constant disrespect towards the game by not playing the way it should be played its completely disregarded because "he produces, and thats Manny being Manny". Then taking a swing at Youk it's sugar coated as "It's Youk's fault, and that's Manny being Manny" and now knocking down an FO employee, someone who can be his granddaddy is being labeled as "Manny didn't know his own strength" baloney. I bet you don't go around shoving 60+ old man and telling them to do their jobs, especially when that job its close to impossible. Why the hell Manny needs 16 tickets for a game in Houston, to watch what? Last time I check tickets in Minute Maid park are a fraction of the cost compared to those in Fenway, why can't Manny get the tickets given to him and he purchase the extra ones? I know why: because that's "manny being manny" and Manny as long as he produces can get away with murder and no one in Boston will care.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesjvk. Show jamesjvk's posts

Manny is my favorite player, he remains that today. I have to say however, pushing a man in his 60's to the floor is wrong. That's a bully tactic and I am disappointed in my man Manny.