1. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

Ramirez shoves traveling secretary!

Manny needs to learn and understand that he IS NOT the only member of the Boston Red Sox, just a SMALL PART of a TEAM.  

If he wants respect, he has to show respect towards his TEAM MEMBERS.  It works both ways! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brawla. Show Brawla's posts

screw jack mcormick he has never won a game for the red sox , he should have just shut his mouth and got the tickets for manny . I dont watch the redsox to see the traveling secratray . I watch it to watch guys play baseball , and manny is one of the best . I dont give a crap what kind of guy he is. Short of murder I will always cheer for the guy . he is a great baseball player . Who knows what the other guy did to deserve this . Youk deseved that slap he got , Youks

Theatrics after a strike out is way over the top and more importanlty Manny is a way better player . so this is a non issue . he is not a role model he is a pampers athleate and he should have got the tickets he wanted

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from noslen. Show noslen's posts

exactly, I am quite sure other players had the same situation happened and can't they just call the local ticket agencies and get as many as they want?  It's not like fenway home game tickets, you know. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

I hardly every agree with Shaughnessy but I am with him 100% on this one. 

To slap a fellow athlete in the dugout is bad enough, but to push a guy in his 60's to the floor is assault.

Manny is selfish and he is not a team player.  I hope they don't pick up his contract for all the reasons Shaughnessy mentioned.  Plus, he isn't getting any younger!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Inf. Show Inf's posts

[Quote]screw jack mcormick he has never won a game for the red sox , he should have just shut his mouth and got the tickets for manny . I dont watch the redsox to see the traveling secratray . I watch it to watch guys play baseball , and manny is one of the best . I dont give a crap what kind of guy he is. Short of murder I will always cheer for the guy . he is a great baseball player . Who knows what the other guy did to deserve this . Youk deseved that slap he got , Youks

Theatrics after a strike out is way over the top and more importanlty Manny is a way better player . so this is a non issue . he is not a role model he is a pampers athleate and he should have got the tickets he wanted

[/Quote]

He's a crybaby and a spoiled brat -- a pampers athlete!  I couldn't have said it better.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoanValdez. Show JoanValdez's posts

[Quote]screw jack mcormick he has never won a game for the red sox....Manny is a great baseball player .[/Quote]

I agree that Manny is great player, in fact, no one will argue with you.  But, your position is not defendable.  As you state, "Manny is a better ballplayer" than Youkilis.  So by your logic, it means Manny can beat on anyone he wants because he's good? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bto. Show bto's posts

Kind of obvious now that Manny has some problems be it bi-polar or manic depression.
    16 tickets is a lot to ask for. By now he should know the deal or the rules with the tickets.
    Trade him for some youngsters.
    We are goiong to be in the playoff mix with him or with out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mardak. Show mardak's posts

I love Manny. I have always loved Manny. I will always love Manny. But  you don't push people around  and you don't hurt people who can't hurt you back. Manny is out-of-line and he should be punished. I am sure he is sorry himself, but that doesn't excuse it. However, I think this is another  internal matter for the team to deal with and they should deal with it quickly.
    This reminds me of the Belichick versus Globe Photographer deal. You can love Bill, and I do, and you can hate the media, and I do, but there is a line of personal civility you don't cross. You don't smash a guy and shove him around who could lose his job if he shoved you back.
    That's just another exmple of a man permanently in the spotlight losing his marbles for a moment and doing something shameful.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wsurecguy. Show wsurecguy's posts

This is really up to the Red Sox fans.  I remember being at the game the day after Wil Cordero was arrested for beating his wife.  THe Red Sox fans, and remember, Cordero was a Red Sox at the time were all over him the entire game.  He was booed during every at bat, and in extra innings, he even knocked in the winning run.  What happened after he knocked in the winning run?  He got BOOED...again.  Couldn't have been more proud of the Sox fans than I was at that time.
    Manny is Manny, but Manny is also a guy who should have called 1 800 MY SEATS instead like everyone else does.  God knows he can afford it.  He is a petulent child, who continues to get his way.  Love his skills as a player, but he will never be a complete package.  Manny is a 2.5 tool player at best...missing speed, defense, and brains/common sense/respect for the game...and I'll stop there

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bossij. Show bossij's posts

Fine Manny $500,000, which might get the punks attention. Management won't be protecting him when he knocks another old guy to the ground another, if he has a heart attack and dies.

Wake up RED SOX!!! Do your job

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lympus. Show lympus's posts

>
    Really, you're sure huh? No this is just what you want to believe happened, and guess what - if it happened exactly as you think, it's still grounds for dismissal in virtually any professional or work environment including Walmart.

>
    Not any of us, you maybe. And  if you're a spoiled angry person who would actually put their hands on a co-worker in anger, you need help to. Don't include "us" in your justification for violence BS.
    >
    If a 36 year old world class athlete doesn't know that pushing a 64 year old man could cause him to fall then he's a stupid as you are.
    >
    This sounds like a post George Bush or Rumsfeld might write...a bunch ignorant illogical and meaningless nonsense.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Godfel. Show Godfel's posts

If the Sox are truly a class organization they will not allow this to 'hopefully' just go away!
    Manny is not above the rules or normal decency!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rad666. Show rad666's posts

Manny is without a doubt the biggest A**hole in sports today..........but every one just grins and says "oh it's just Manny being Manny" ..........because anything goes when you want to win a baseball game or a world series, because after all these are the MOST IMPORTANT things going on the world today.  I hope the person he pushed sues him long and hard..............I certainly would

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kate101979. Show kate101979's posts

What a shame, the travel secretary is in his sixtys and that bully Ramirez is in his 30s and this bully ball player pushes him to the ground. It was bad enough that he hit another ballplayer, but when you start pushing around a gentleman in his 60's that is really bad.

He is a bully and thug The Red sox need to take a stronger action against a person like that. I don't care how many homeruns and how great a player he is - what example do these ball players set for children - that it is acceptable to push around people when you don't get your own way

Shame on you Manny and Shame on the REd SOx for not taking stronger action against him. This is not a family issue,

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from eileenbalonis. Show eileenbalonis's posts

I'm thinking lawsuit. It is the only way Manny will learn he can;t get away with this behavior.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lympus. Show lympus's posts

>
    There may be some women posting here, what's your point. that you're more masculine because you don't have the balls to stand up to a bully - you wuss?  
    >
    Really, then I guess no one but them should care about winning the trophies right? OR show up for gigantic parades and heap adulation on them. After all it's all private right?Ahhh, no dumbo, they' exist and are wealthy because we support them or don't - get it? That's how pro sports works. In the real world men don't make 200 million for hitting a ball. If it weren't for us, the public that pays all of their bills and salaries, they'd all be just like you - dumb jocks working  as landscapers.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lrecliner. Show lrecliner's posts

We as a society have created this problem. I am sure Manny has been sent signals his whole life that the rules are a little different for him due to his incredible talent. Obviously, if this had bee a less valued talent, his bags would have been packed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from whit-iii. Show whit-iii's posts

All you whiners about Manny will still pay hundreds of dollars for tickets, sit through hours of ad nauseum boston.com/nesn/etc. stories & programming, buy tons of sox crap and flash your red sox nation cards.  If you are that upset about how the sox are 'handling' the situation, give up the aforementioned things or continue to live vicariously through a bunch of grown men playing a kid's game making millions of dollars while acting like a bunch of prima donnas.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ME. Show ME's posts

Did he go too far? Of course he did. Does the public need to know how he was disciplined? Of course not - it's their business and they will handle it accordingly. I'm sure the employee would have made his feelings public if he felt it wasn't handled properly.

Sue him? Come on, get real. That's what's wrong with this world, everyone wants to sue everybody else.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hollydolly. Show hollydolly's posts

There is no excuse for assaulting someone, folks.  This McCormack dude could have made lewd comments about Manny's mom, or whatever, and Manny would still be wrong.

Manny is an erratic guy. Maybe he should up his meds.  I'm guessing he might be pulling this stuff on his beautiful wife, too. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from starna. Show starna's posts

Memo to Dan Shaughnesy and anyone else who's raising dirt of the latest manny incident: LEAVE IT ALONE.

When the club says they're dealing it with, then they're dealing with it. Uh,perhaps they know a little more and a little better then fans, reporters and gossip mill think they do. This tabloid mentality is pathetic and annoying. I'm not condoning pushing a 60 something year old man, but I'm tired of page 6 b.s. Report on what matters in sports, what'son the field, not in the wallet, under the sheets, or behind closed doors.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from VJR123. Show VJR123's posts

before rushing to judgement one needs to consider the source....remember there are always 3 sides to every story.  (your version, my version, and what really happened.)  we will never know and we should not.

mcadam is a disaster as a writer and constantly proves that some writers are not qualified to have HOF votes.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeyRedSox. Show MikeyRedSox's posts

who even cares about this stupid story? it's so overblown, just like any stupid little thing that happens in sports now. People argued, and someone was shoved. It's really nobody else's business but theirs. People can sit around all day and pass judgment, debate all this crap, whatever...personally, all I care about is the actual game on the field, not all this peripheral soap opera B.S. that dominates the sports headlines in this era of 24/7 ESPN coverage

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Inf. Show Inf's posts

Salaries like Manny's are the reason most of us can't afford to be Fenway regulars and attitudes like Manny's (and his supporters) are the reason some of us aren't really bothered too much about not going.

He's an over-paid, over-indulged, foul-tempered brat who clearly believes that the implied rules of civil society are meant for other people.  Good thing he's got talent on the field because otherwise, his temper would find him in jail or worse. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcdermott451. Show mcdermott451's posts

I betcha that this will be Jack McCormick's last season.